NBC Coverage ( Jets/Giants )

10 minutes ago, Jetster said:

How about Banks trying to say White wasn't interfered with on that 30 yard pass play, lol, WTF! Even Cross was doing play by play of the defender holding Whites arm down throughout the whole play & then Banks goes off on some crazy azz tangent about CBs should be able to cheat, lol. I was like holy sh*t Carl, climb down off the homer train & get back into reality. That game was unwatchable because of those idiot announcers!

he was actually defending himself to beningo today.  it was really a joke, the whole thing, including when they asked darnold about daniel jones.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bomberjet said:

My understanding of why they picked Popa and Banks was due to  the Giants being a home team. But yes, it was just plain out-and-out very unprofessional.  Hardly any mention of jets players making which plays and not even paying attention to the plays on the field when penalties occurred ( the White pass interference call) . Just horrible.

In years past, when they had Ian Eagle and Greg Buttle do this game, they did cover both teams knowing fans of both tuned in. Papa especially is a Jints homer, and he wasn't going to talk about the Jets at all. Papa once had an NFLN slot which he lost, think in part because he is such identified with the Giants, but also because he's a bit too nasally and simply not very good. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Jetster said:

How about Banks trying to say White wasn't interfered with on that 30 yard pass play, lol, WTF! Even Cross was doing play by play of the defender holding Whites arm down throughout the whole play & then Banks goes off on some crazy azz tangent about CBs should be able to cheat, lol. I was like holy sh*t Carl, climb down off the homer train & get back into reality. That game was unwatchable because of those idiot announcers!

Ref was on camera telling Shurmur your guy didn't even bother to turn around to make it look good. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

he was actually defending himself to beningo today.  it was really a joke, the whole thing, including when they asked darnold about daniel jones.

Sam is just trying to do his best in a preseason game, focus, think about the plays ect. Gets his time in, has a great drive, Hey Sam, whataya think about Daniel Jones? Sam was probably thinking WTF do I care? lol.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Copernicus said:

Thought the broadcast was unprofessional. Cant believe how blatantly one sided it was. Every comment was about a Giants player. The excuses for why everyone else is stupid and the Giants are brilliant in regards to selecting Daniel Jones at #6 was nauseating.  Rarely did they even announce who was on the Jets tackle or catch . Personally I am not a fan of Howard Cross and Carl Banks both come across as such homers in an obnoxious, know it all way.. Was real disappointed, after being so excited to watch them game. Such little information in regards to the Jets and their players.

They all suck Maras .......

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Ref was on camera telling Shurmur your guy didn't even bother to turn around to make it look good. 

Have to say, I love that you can challenge. Quite possibly would have saved Skrine 100s of BS penalties, lol. Skrine got such a bad rep that if he was anywhere near where a WR raised his hands like he was interfered with refs would throw a flag at Skrines feet. 

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

Sam is just trying to do his best in a preseason game, focus, think about the plays ect. Gets his time in, has a great drive, Hey Sam, whataya think about Daniel Jones? Sam was probably thinking WTF do I care? lol.

He still gave a good genuine answer. Ever hear Daniel Jones talk? There is zero personality there. 

5 hours ago, Copernicus said:

Thought the broadcast was unprofessional. Cant believe how blatantly one sided it was. Every comment was about a Giants player. The excuses for why everyone else is stupid and the Giants are brilliant in regards to selecting Daniel Jones at #6 was nauseating.  Rarely did they even announce who was on the Jets tackle or catch . Personally I am not a fan of Howard Cross and Carl Banks both come across as such homers in an obnoxious, know it all way.. Was real disappointed, after being so excited to watch them game. Such little information in regards to the Jets and their players.

TOTALLY AGREE. I was like WTF? is this ! Thought they were the official NYG TV crew. It was making me sick so I switched to the Biils game which made the wife happy. That's never a bad move. ;-)

5 hours ago, Copernicus said:

I respectfully disagree and agree to a point. I get that it is a Giants broadcast and on some level there is an expectation that more will be slanted the Giants way. Understandable. Last night was unprofessional to the point where they didnt even announce players who were directly making plays on offense or defense. Obnoxious. 

Thank you..

The Buffalo Bills announcers are as Homer as it gets and they are way more professional than what we witnessed last night!!

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Thank you..

The Buffalo Bills announcers are as Homer as it gets and they are way more professional than what we witnessed last night!!

At least they have an excuse it’s Buffalo the literal armpit of America they might as well be homers

5 hours ago, BroadwayRay said:

I'm sure he's a nice guy. But he wasn't a good announcer last night. Plus his contention that CBs should be allowed to cheat was pretty weird.

Weird it was asinine!

Even his broadcast partner did everything he could get him to walk his stupidity back and he steadfastly refused and then he doubled down to finish it off!

What a tool...

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Jetsfan1015 said:

It was a Giants home game, therefore their broadcasters.  This happens every year in the preseason for this game. Last year was the Jets broadcasters and all they talked about were the Jets and all the Giants fans complained. It goes on a rotational basis.

THey shouldnt be allowed to have a broadcast team.

49 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Carl Banks is a slug without LT he would be nothing.

His segments with Joe and Evan used to be good but now it’s the same sh-t over and “look, if the other team executes the plays it doesn’t matter the gameplan” or “if Brady throws 24-25 passes what can you do?”

Guy is a friggin broken record

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Copernicus said:

I you do realize it was the Giants home, local broadcast.  Popa and two ex players?  One being Coughlins son in law?

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You have a hard on for Banks because he didn't sit and talk to you. 

He was a very good LB, no matter how much you hate him.  If he were a Jet he'd be an all time Jet. 

Nope no hard on. No one wanted a sit down with him or to talk to him. You weren't there. 

He made a statement that he was NY Giant while coaching here amongst NY Jets fans adults and children he was nasty and arrogant over a few autographs. 

End of discussion you obviously like him and I don't. 

7 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Nope no hard on. No one wanted a sit down with him or to talk to him. You weren't there. 

He made a statement that he was NY Giant while coaching here amongst NY Jets fans adults and children he was nasty and arrogant over a few autographs. 

End of discussion you obviously like him and I don't. 

We went through this, I feel like I was there.  You wanted to sit and talk with him.  He had somewhere better to go and still are pissed. 

Has nothing to do with liking him JW.  It has to do with having watched him play and not trying to make him into just another player because you don't like the person. 

Oh, he never coaches with the Jets

16 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

We went through this, I feel like I was there.  You wanted to sit and talk with him.  He had somewhere better to go and still are pissed. 

Has nothing to do with liking him JW.  It has to do with having watched him play and not trying to make him into just another player because you don't like the person. 

Oh, he never coaches with the Jets

Nope didn't want a sit down nothing to talk about,the kids wanted autographs at the time. 

He was rude and crude and made the Giants comment. 

You weren't there. 

The other night he was a disaster announcing the game. 

Go argue with someone else I know you need your daily dose its all you do here.