Antonio Brown goes MIA on Oakland

3 hours ago, chrisfaceoff said:

lol

From Rotoworld:

According to Chase Williams of WPXI Pittsburgh, Antonio Brown (foot) has gone "radio silent."

Williams reports that the Raiders have "no clue" where Brown is or the status of his injured foot. If true, it's a bizarre start to Brown's Oakland tenure and eerily reminiscent of the way he froze out (no pun intended) the Steelers by going AWOL late last season. AB is undoubtedly one of the greatest receivers in NFL history but for fantasy purposes, the red flags are beginning to pile up.

I'll admit it....... I'm totally in shock over this development. ;-)

Antonio Brown is the gift that keeps on giving.  I would not be surprised if he never plays again because this is not the way a guy who loves the game behaves.

The new helmets don't seem to be a problem for Michael Thomas, do they Antonio?

Jon Gruden for GM of the year.  Too soon?

Just now, Matt39 said:

There is also a possibility this is being made for TV considering how boring the first episode of Hard Knocks was.

Either that or he’s having cold feet about joining the Raiders. On a serious note tho, this guy is an absolute cancer. I wouldn’t want him for the minimum. 

2 hours ago, Ohhthepain said:

I'm old enough to remember when members of this forum actually wanted to give up multiple picks to trade for AB..... 

Fixed.

I was just going to say the same thing.  It's funny that this is happening to the Raiders, but it wouldn't take long to do a search and call out the posters here who were all about dat AB thang in January.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

CTE is a strong possibility here and I’m not trying to be funny.  Guy threw furniture out of a high rise building, overreacted to the situation in Pitt and now this.  Seems unhinged.

Something could be going on here. It isnt normal throwing furniture out of buildings or dyeing your mustache blond. However, I dont think he overreacted with that Pitt situation. 

• Upvote 1

Antonio brown is a jerkoff and I’m glad he’s not a jet. I hope the raiders get zilch from him and still have to pay him.

The only thing that bothers me about all of this is that the Steelers somehow made out in all of this. I wish they could somehow get screwed too.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

Brown missed practice again today due to the helmet issue.  

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001042553/article/mayock-to-antonio-brown-time-to-be-allin-or-allout

Mayock to Antonio Brown: Time 'to be all-in or all-out'

• By Adam Maya NFL.com
  • Published: Aug. 18, 2019 at 06:36 p.m.
  • Updated: Aug. 18, 2019 at 07:20 p.m.

Antonio Brown missed practice again, and it was because of his helmet, again.

Just 24 hours after participating in the Raiders' walkthrough, the wide receiver did not attend Oakland's workout in Napa, California. General manager Mike Mayock delivered a stern message afterward -- which the team issued itself on Twitter -- regarding Brown's absence.

"You all know that A.B. is not here today," Mayock said. "So, here's the bottom line. He's upset about the helmet issue. We have supported that, we appreciate that. OK? But at this point we've pretty much exhausted all avenues of relief. So from our perspective, it's time for him to be all-in or all-out. OK? So we're hoping he's back soon. We got 89 guys busting their tails. We are really excited about where this franchise is going, and we hope A.B.'s going to be a big part of it, starting Week 1 against Denver. End of story No questions. OK? Just wanted you guys to know where we were."

It's another about-face in a saga that's been filled with them. Brown was away from the team for the majority of camp because of his desire to use his old helmet model that is no longer legal in the NFL. The All-Pro wideout has also been hampered by frostbitten feet after not wearing proper footwear while using a cryogenic chamber.

A day after his grievance to use the old helmet was denied, Brown returned to Napa last Tuesday.

"While I disagree with the arbitrator's decision, I'm working on getting back to full health and looking forward to rejoining my teammates on the field," he wrote on Twitter last week. "I'm excited about this season appreciate all the concerns about my feet!"

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Thursday that Brown was "very close to practicing," as he accompanied his new team to Arizona for its preseason game against the Cardinals. He was still with them as of Saturday. Sunday, as it has often been, was a different story, this time with his general manager seemingly issuing an ultimatum to the player he traded for just a few months back and subsequently signed to a $50 million deal: Be here or be gone.

Stay tuned.