The Onion: NFLPA Warns Holdouts They Need To Consider The Risk That They’ll End Up Having To Sign With Jets

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/9/2019 at 8:08 PM, 14 in Green said:

We are fans of the Rodney Dangerfield of  NFL franchises. 

This is our lot in life. We chose it, we have to live with the consequences.

For some, its a self fulfilling prophecy.  I, for one, am excited about our future.  I would expect a troll to post this article, not a Jets fan. Maybe that is what occurred.

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, JetsFanatic said:

For some, its a self fulfilling prophecy.  I, for one, am excited about our future.  I would expect a troll to post this article, not a Jets fan. Maybe that is what occurred.

Again with this not a Real Jets fan BS?

I must have missed the part where someone appointed you to be the arbiter of these things.

• Upvote 2

LOL more funny the less true it is 

"unforgiving fanbase"  this is hilarious, fans of the underdog, most of us just want players who show some effort like the Green Lantern

Chez has playoff records,  Fitz leads several offensive categories, how hard can it be to be a star player in Jets history, just work for it :)

and many Jets have Superbowl Rings, it's the key to the victory for the last 40 years - no team has won the Lombardi without a former Jet on the team or in front office

On 8/9/2019 at 4:27 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

https://sports.theonion.com/nflpa-warns-holdouts-they-need-to-consider-the-risk-tha-1837101486?utm_content=Main&utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_source=Facebook&utm_campaign=SF

NFLPA Warns Holdouts They Need To Consider The Risk That They’ll End Up Having To Sign With Jets

WASHINGTON—Reminding players that failing to report to training camp was a high-risk move with no guarantee of success, the National Football League Players Association released a statement Friday warning holdouts that they might end up having to sign with the New York Jets. “We understand you want a better contract, but you have to weigh that desire against the very real chance you will eventually be forced to sign with the Jets,” said NFLPA president Eric Winston, reminding players to consider those worst-case scenarios when leveraging potential suitors against their current teams. “Obviously, we support our players getting the money they deserve, but before you sit out week 1, just imagine having to see your family in Jets gear. Remember, this is still a negotiation and you shouldn’t overplay your hand. It’s our job to look out for your best interests and to let you know that you’re in danger of spending the prime of your career going 4-12 for an unforgiving fanbase.” At press time, the NFLPA announced a push for more lucrative pensions to compensate players who had their careers and futures irreparably damaged after being forced to play for the Jets.

F*ckers.

• Haha 1