Catanzaro was Bad, Decided to Retire, and the Jets Need a Kicker (merged)

3 hours ago, Aussie Jet said:

Fun fact, that was an Australian TV show that have gave life to this gif. Was some reality tv show like Australia's Got Talent, or something equally mediocre.

Lol, WTF? I always thought this was some kind of slapstick scene from a movie I had never seen. Damn, I can rhyme.

I wish everyone would calm down about the kicker. Last season Myers wasn’t signed till the last week in preseason. Catanzaro will probably get another game or two to see if he straightens out. After the cut down to 53, better kickers will be available as an option to Catanzaro if he continues to struggle.

A decent kicker can kick into his 40's.  It must be in Cat's head.  Hmm, Bertolet was 9 of 14 last season for the AAF.  4 for 7 from 50+.  Doesn't sound great but it seems he has a strong leg.  Though he missed 2 of 7 from under 50.  Why not Blair Walsh, Cody Parkey or someone like Kai Forbath?  They don't seem to want to spend anything on a kicker.

From an article on Bertolet when he signed with Denver several months ago:

https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/broncos-sign-k-taylor-bertolet

Bertolet, who spent time during the 2018 offseason with the Broncos, played for the Salt Lake Stallions of the Alliance of American Football in 2019.

He was 9-of-14 on field goal attempts with the Stallions, including 4-for-7 from over 50 yards. He connected on a long of 54 yards.

While at Texas A&M, Bertolet converted 100 percent of his extra points and 71 percent of his field goals as a senior with the Aggies.

Not great numbers.  We will see if he wins the job over the next few weeks, or if we are still in the market for K on cut down day.

2 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

I wish everyone would calm down about the kicker. Last season Myers wasn’t signed till the last week in preseason. Catanzaro will probably get another game or two to see if he straightens out. After the cut down to 53, better kickers will be available as an option to Catanzaro if he continues to struggle.

Catanzaro retired this morning so...