JetsFanatic

Catanzaro was Bad, Decided to Retire, and the Jets Need a Kicker (merged)

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Along with Blewitt we are bringing in Joe Shankalot, Tony Mistit and Vince Wyderight

What about Scott Oops?

1 minute ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

There was this guy Meyers... Kidding no need to pay that much money for a kicker

I can see not wanting to pay 5 mill for a kicker, but Macc had 100 mill to play with.

Special teams was our best unit, and Macc let Myers and Roberts go.

• Upvote 3

37 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I think his failure to replace them makes it sting sure, but the decision to not way over pay those positions was sound.

It was very unlike Macc, I'm sure because he thought he was going to way over pay other places, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't have just got a quality guys in. 

Good news is I have no doubt Doug will get us a kicker and looks like we already have a Pint returner.

Things are ok

36 minutes ago, Lith said:

Not sure where this $5 mil  for a kicker narrative came from.  You hear it ian awful lot, but I just looked at the Myers contract on Spotrac.  4 years, $15.45 mil.  Average of about $3.85.  His cap hit is $2.5mil this year; $3.6 next year; rises to $4.3 and $5 last two seasons of contract which he may never see as he could be cut with little cap consequence before either of those last two seasons.  He will not likely ever see that $5MM season in 2022. 

Catanzaro is at $2.3 mil cap hit if he makes the team.  $200K difference on this season's cap.

I have to think the Jets assumed Myers season was a fluke and he is not likely to repeat it this year.  Next few months will tell us if they were right. 

Bringing back Myers was certainly doable.

Macc was terrible, so I don't know if he actually thought Myers would fall off, but either way, he did a terrible job at trying to replace him.

Bringing back Roberts was even more doable.

Again to let the 2 best players off your best unit walk is just another indictment of how bad he was.

Failing to replace them, makes it even worse, so glad he is gone.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, jeTMAC said:

🙄 Jets will find a field goal kicker. I'm more concerned about cornerback but that'll work its way out 1nce team start cutting players Jets will find a couple more cornerbacks who are better than what they have 

Joe will be working the waiver wire, they know the Eagles and Ravens roster, I suspect they will pick from their scraps first.

17 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You just can’t be giving contracts to Norwegians I am sorry 

Matts Zuccarello says hello.

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company