JetsFanatic

Catanzaro was Bad, Decided to Retire, and the Jets Need a Kicker (merged)

4 hours ago, Larz said:

Not the best name for a kicker 

Former Vikings All-Pro Blair Walsh will headline a group this weekend that also includes Chris Blewitt.

You're kidding me!?!?!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lith said:

Not sure where this $5 mil  for a kicker narrative came from.  You hear it ian awful lot, but I just looked at the Myers contract on Spotrac.  4 years, $15.45 mil.  Average of about $3.85.  His cap hit is $2.5mil this year; $3.6 next year; rises to $4.3 and $5 last two seasons of contract which he may never see as he could be cut with little cap consequence before either of those last two seasons.  He will not likely ever see that $5MM season in 2022. 

Catanzaro is at $2.3 mil cap hit if he makes the team.  $200K difference on this season's cap.

I have to think the Jets assumed Myers season was a fluke and he is not likely to repeat it this year.  Next few months will tell us if they were right. 

Agree with everything you said......with the additional fact that by most accounts Myers has looked better so far this summer with the Seahawks than he even looked last year with the Jets.  Kicker performance may fluctuate year to year....or maybe in 2-3 year blocks.  Myers seems to still be in that zone.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jeTMAC said:

🙄 Jets will find a field goal kicker. I'm more concerned about cornerback but that'll work its way out 1nce team start cutting players Jets will find a couple more cornerbacks who are better than what they have 

Yup, CB continues to be a concern.  We've discussed guys like Dortch and Cashman and other rookies who aren't high profile guys (lower draft spot, UDFA, etc.) but the most important guy in camp might just be Kyron Brown.

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

You just can’t be giving contracts to Norwegians I am sorry 

norway GIF

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Losmeister said:

Dat you, Cat?

Wilkommen. BTW, unless we give them some sort of something, Bears are on track for him, or so I have read...

How many conditional 7th rounders can one team dangle out there?

• Upvote 1

Addition by subtraction. Enjoy retirement Catanzaro. As stated earlier there are several K battles going on around the NFL. Even the losers of those battles will be better than what we had in Cat and what we have now.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company