JetsFanatic

Catanzaro was Bad, Decided to Retire, and the Jets Need a Kicker (merged)

They should bring in this guy:

Image result for replacements kicker

and this gal:

Image result for necessary roughness kicker

and pretty much anyone else who has a pulse and two legs.  

I'm mostly a big fan of the new regime but letting it get this far just befuddles me.  

• Upvote 3

We've spent a 2nd round pick on a bad kicker.  I have no problem spending a 6th on a good one.  I'd start with offering to swap our 6th for their 7th (we used ours conditionally so we can't trade it again unfortunately) but I'd up it to the 6th.  If it swings one game our way it's fantastic value for a 6th round pick.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

Did u see that he is making 5.5m? I don’t know that’s a justifiable use of resources on a kicker.

That includes a $4MM signing bonus.  It's about $15.5MM over 4 years or just under $4MM/year.  His cap hit this year is actually only $2.5MM (Catanzaro's was $2.3MM).  And the Seahawks can cut him after 2 years with a $2MM dead money hit.  High but not crazy if he performs.

• Upvote 1

I think bringing in the Ravens' guy is probably a good way out of this mess.  We can take our chances with another castoff after the last cutdown, but I like the numbers on this kid and I'm not going to lament a 6th round pick if it results in us getting the K problem solved.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company