JetsFanatic

Catanzaro was Bad, Decided to Retire, and the Jets Need a Kicker (merged)

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

I don't  know why they aren't  bring Janikowski in. Last season he was still making long FG. 

It would void his AARP membership. 

• Haha 2

Opinions are like you know what. 

Bottom line the NY Jets need a halfway decent Kicker who wins games if needed, cant go into the season with a guy who isn't reliable. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Tony MaC said:

The only excuse for not re-signing Meyers is that his last year could easily have been a one off fluke. But then one can say that about any player that does well on a one year deal. Mac got blasted for re-signing Fitz after a decent season instead of moving on for instance.

It's all a bit random but tell ya what I feel like the lesson is stop giving kickers one year deals, make it two years and let them prove it wasn't a fluke. without the market influencing opinion. 

Mike Maccagnan was "Executive of the Year" the only reason for not signing Meyers was stupidity and not understanding the game of football. 

• Upvote 2

I think Joe Douglas realizes 1 maybe 2 starting CB's is more important than a Kicker right now. 

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

Hahahahaha.  Whats john hall up to these days?

My guess is he's probably running a marijuana dispensary somewhere. 

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, roscoeword said:

We drafted a kicker in nugent many years ago. I think he is still playing. We should have just kept him all of these years, and not have to try out a new guy each year. 

Mike Nugent is a 37 year old NFL free agent kicker. 

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company