JetsFanatic

Catanzaro was Bad, Decided to Retire, and the Jets Need a Kicker (merged)

I keep hearing bears might trade for him but I would think if we offer the same as the bears the ravens would choose us.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, hawk said:

What world are we in when are concern is a kicker?  Not a qb, not wr, not rb, not etc?

Am I dreaming?

We had the sam kickng hysteria after the 2004 season.  Led us to drafting mike nugent.  Doh!!

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

You just can’t be giving contracts to Norwegians I am sorry 

We need more kickers from non s-hole countries

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, SR24 said:

oh my god wow GIF by 9NowProps to you for defying the odds and posting another kicker thread 

5F102DEC-3D79-422E-B1FF-8AC3DF0E70E3.jpeg.64212e020f5679a6f541f37d577ec079.jpeg

1 hour ago, Losmeister said:

Dat you, Cat?

Wilkommen. BTW, unless we give them some sort of something, Bears are on track for him, or so I have read...

Hey Los.  Long time no talk to.

2 hours ago, Losmeister said:

Dat you, Cat?

Wilkommen. BTW, unless we give them some sort of something, Bears are on track for him, or so I have read...

How many conditional 7th rounders can one team dangle out there?

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

image.png.c6724e502b0b774c4f8a11bd489a8274.png

• Upvote 1

If everyone read an article in the NY Post and created a thread about it.....

david hasselhoff lol GIF

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, SR24 said:

oh my god wow GIF by 9NowProps to you for defying the odds and posting another kicker thread 

Fun fact, that was an Australian TV show that have gave life to this gif. Was some reality tv show like Australia's Got Talent, or something equally mediocre.

3 hours ago, Aussie Jet said:

Fun fact, that was an Australian TV show that have gave life to this gif. Was some reality tv show like Australia's Got Talent, or something equally mediocre.

Lol, WTF? I always thought this was some kind of slapstick scene from a movie I had never seen. Damn, I can rhyme.

I wish everyone would calm down about the kicker. Last season Myers wasn’t signed till the last week in preseason. Catanzaro will probably get another game or two to see if he straightens out. After the cut down to 53, better kickers will be available as an option to Catanzaro if he continues to struggle.

15 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Probably easiest to get the papers squared away with the current political leadership in place. 

Bears are having a good kicking battle and we should pick up the loser

2 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

🤕

Just came to post the same thing.  What an odd turn of events.  Not cut but retired. Just crazy.  

Either way, I'm glad he's gone. This way we can actually find the next Jason Myers. 

• Upvote 1

A decent kicker can kick into his 40's.  It must be in Cat's head.  Hmm, Bertolet was 9 of 14 last season for the AAF.  4 for 7 from 50+.  Doesn't sound great but it seems he has a strong leg.  Though he missed 2 of 7 from under 50.  Why not Blair Walsh, Cody Parkey or someone like Kai Forbath?  They don't seem to want to spend anything on a kicker.

From an article on Bertolet when he signed with Denver several months ago:

https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/broncos-sign-k-taylor-bertolet

Bertolet, who spent time during the 2018 offseason with the Broncos, played for the Salt Lake Stallions of the Alliance of American Football in 2019.

He was 9-of-14 on field goal attempts with the Stallions, including 4-for-7 from over 50 yards. He connected on a long of 54 yards.

While at Texas A&M, Bertolet converted 100 percent of his extra points and 71 percent of his field goals as a senior with the Aggies.

Not great numbers.  We will see if he wins the job over the next few weeks, or if we are still in the market for K on cut down day.

Good luck to him but this fellow does not rate a nick name.  "cat"?  child please.

• Upvote 1

For once, I agree with Cimini. 

We will see what Bertolet does with the chance he is given, but he is far from a sure thing.

2 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

I wish everyone would calm down about the kicker. Last season Myers wasn’t signed till the last week in preseason. Catanzaro will probably get another game or two to see if he straightens out. After the cut down to 53, better kickers will be available as an option to Catanzaro if he continues to struggle.

Catanzaro retired this morning so...

17 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Maybe he's Inga from Sveden.