This should explain the crazy eyes

GATA

4 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

But he is our nut job

Yes, we're definitely stuck to this guy and the fortunes of our new franchise QB are tied to him.

I know all of you love this guy - but do we really want the future of Sam and this franchise tied to a coach that uses smelling salts on the sideline of a preseason game?

That is not rational behavior and certainly not someone that should be in charge of a billion dollar franchise.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 12
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

He is a legitimate, full-on, unquestionable nut job.

Ninja’d

1 minute ago, Joe Jets fan said:

But he is our nut job

Smelling salts for a HC? Give me a break. If I was a player and saw him do that, I’d be shaking my head and laughing my ass off.

Winning cures all though.... so if he wins, I’ll be fine with having a HC I wouldn’t want to ever be in a room with.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

Yes, we're definitely stuck to this guy and the fortunes of our new franchise QB are tied to him.

I know all of you love this guy - but do we really want the future of Sam and this franchise tied to a coach that uses smelling salts on the sideline of a preseason game?

That is not rational behavior and certainly not someone that should be in charge of a billion dollar franchise.

Do you think Sam will start doing bumps on the sidelines?

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

So he's an NFL head coach basically. Joe Gibbs used to spend so much time away from his family that he used the morning garbage pickup as his nightly alarm.  Coaching always attracts obsessives.  Hell.  I think all professional coaching ranks do.  Lets hope we have a head coach who can create a winning legacy here before he turns into a bargain basement Howard Hughes. 

5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

This  guy is the HC tasked with teaching Sam how to be an NFL QB.  Trusting something that important to a lunatic just isn't a good idea.

Sam Darnold seems to be a very grounded guy, he will be fine.

The Jets needed a lunatic to come in and clean house, I'm glad Gase is crazy.

56 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Manning and Brady have admitted using smelling salts before the game or at half time.  Dozens if not hundreds of players and coaches use them but Gase is one of the guys who doesn't give a sh-t if you see it.

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/page/enterpriseSalts/ezekiel-elliott-clay-matthews-just-the-nfl-smelling-salt-users

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

Just now, Pac said:

Manning and Brady have admitted using smelling salts before the game or at half time.  Dozens if not hundreds of players and coaches use them but Gase is one of the guys who doesn't give a sh-t if you see it.

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/page/enterpriseSalts/ezekiel-elliott-clay-matthews-just-the-nfl-smelling-salt-users

Stop. 

Players using them makes sense.  especially QB's after getting their bells rung..  Totally get.

I'm sorry, but I've never once seen or even heard of another coach using Smelling Salts - let alone hundreds of them.

Y'all can keep making excuses for this guy.  I won't.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 4

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

I'm sorry, but I've never once seen or even heard of another coach using Smelling Salts - let alone hundreds of them.

Google Jim Mora Jr monday night football smelling salts..

oops.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

When was he made that? I must have missed it.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Stop. 

Players using them makes sense.  especially QB's after getting their bells rung..  Totally get.

Wow. Smelling salts - gate. I understand you haven’t liked Gase from day one, but please don’t overreact to smelling salts. Your routine is getting old.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Ever had a smelling salt? That initial wallop is quite awesome.

I ran into an outfield wall and banged my head in my junior year of college. I was completely out of it. I had no clue how long I was down, but the jolt from the smelling salt cleared my head, and the coach told me I looked ok, and left me in. We even flew north that night, as the first few weeks of our season were played in the Florida area.

I had to be concussed, my head was throbbing all night, but those were different times.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Pac said:

Apparently nobody here has ever been in a real gym. LOL.... Nose Tork puts standard nasal narcan (ammonia inhalants) to shame. No big deal, dude wants to get fired up before the game, good for him.

20190810_212833.jpg.ef659f6c6c0b203a8a6f257fed0f3738.jpg