Hackenberg Jr aka Davis Webb why is he still here?

Philc1

6 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

What about all those years we got threw the preseason with 3 qbs 

You guys act like it’s outlandish to act Luke Falk to play 3 quarters

Not saying its outlandish for Falk to play 3 quarters, hell, he can play the whole 4th preseason game for all i care. 

I just dont think the risk of having to play our backup if Falk gets hurt is worth it. 

And please refresh my memory, what year did we have 3 QBs for tbe duration of preseason. The names are escaping me right now

5 hours ago, Philc1 said:

What about all those years we got threw the preseason with 3 qbs 

You guys act like it’s outlandish to act Luke Falk to play 3 quarters

Would those not be the same years the Jets were roundly mocked for being one of the only (if not the only) teams to actually play starters in week 4 of preseason, made even more ridiculous while trotting them out there to face off against Philly 3rd stringers?  Hell, even in those days they typically had extra QBs on the roster for practice/insurance purposes, even when they wouldn't play in the games.  Just ask the Cardinals' new HC about that.

Besides, call me crazy, but not much of the Jets' history should be considered the gold standard for how to run a team anyway.  In the end, the Jets are done spending too much time, energy, or resources into looking for any QBs for the foreseeable future, but they still need a few extra warm bodies to throw the ball to fellow future unemployment line companions while everyone else takes a break.

For a team with as many issues as the Jets have now, and for decades on end, 3rd/4th string QB seems like a bit of a strange hill to die on.

7 hours ago, Prestige Worldwide said:

Not saying its outlandish for Falk to play 3 quarters, hell, he can play the whole 4th preseason game for all i care. 

I just dont think the risk of having to play our backup if Falk gets hurt is worth it. 

And please refresh my memory, what year did we have 3 QBs for tbe duration of preseason. The names are escaping me right now

every year until Mike Macagnan decided to start flooding the roster with scrubs

Not true.  Maccagnan started in 2015.  The year previous, 2014, the Jets carried   Matt Sims and Tajh Boyd until the final cut.

In 2013, they carried Greg McElroy and Matt Sims as the #4 and #3 QB until the final cut.

Those were the only two years I checked, and both had at least four QBs throughout the preseason.

Admittedly, right now it's not looking too good for Davis Webb, but they've got plenty of time before the season starts to get rid of him.