AZ Cardinals desperate for 3-4 DLine help...and are pretty deep at CB

Read the cards went into training camp with less than $3mn cap space and they didn’t save anything by cutting this guy

Leo Williams is the largest cap hit on Jets this year @ $14mn+ I think so you need to be thinking more what the Nathan Shepard’s on our roster would get from them probably 

• Upvote 3

55 minutes ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

Read the cards went into training camp with less than $3mn cap space and they didn’t save anything by cutting this guy

Leo Williams is the largest cap hit on Jets this year @ $14mn+ I think so you need to be thinking more what the Nathan Shepard’s on our roster would get from them probably 

Well depending on what cap hit their corners are, Patrick Peterson?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Just an observation, but AZ is hurting on their DLine.  They released recent draft pick Robert Nkemdiche last week and now today, cut their starting 3-4 DE who was arrested.

1561511845_ScreenShot2019-08-11at1_13_45AM.thumb.png.603adfd3ffd827c358664672829cb59d.png

Their depth chart now looks like this....

228721513_ScreenShot2019-08-11at1_12_50AM.png.a42290737aaeefd9f40ccd2cd2100abd.png

The Cardinals drafted CB Byron Murphy at the top of Round 2 this year partially to mitigate the risk that Patrick Peterson would hold out (he had requested a trade through his agent in November last year).  Peterson had a change of heart with the new coaching staff and the Cardinals look fairly deep at CB.

I'm not advocating for a trade of Leo Williams but it's certainly a thought that would cross one's mind given a decent alignment of strengths and weaknesses between these two teams.

I would not trade leo for a backup CB.  Jet fans are the opposite of met fans. They undervalue their own talent

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

Can we please not use more assets to help our *defense*?  If the Redskins want Leo as part of a deal for Trent Williams, great.  But investing even more assets than we already have in defense, at this stage of our team's development, is a losing mentality.

• Upvote 2

There's a lot of very good, reasoned responses in this thread. I can't see any way the Jets could trade Leo to AZ even if they wanted to. I wouldn't want to myself. Leo gets a lot of sh*t on this site, but he's definitely a solid player that I anticipate will get better with Quinnen Williams assistance.

However, as was mentioned in this thread trading a pick for a corner would be great for this team

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

Just an observation, but AZ is hurting on their DLine.  They released recent draft pick Robert Nkemdiche last week and now today, cut their starting 3-4 DE who was arrested.
1561511845_ScreenShot2019-08-11at1_13_45AM.thumb.png.603adfd3ffd827c358664672829cb59d.png

Their depth chart now looks like this....
228721513_ScreenShot2019-08-11at1_12_50AM.png.a42290737aaeefd9f40ccd2cd2100abd.png

The Cardinals drafted CB Byron Murphy at the top of Round 2 this year partially to mitigate the risk that Patrick Peterson would hold out (he had requested a trade through his agent in November last year).  Peterson had a change of heart with the new coaching staff and the Cardinals look fairly deep at CB.
I'm not advocating for a trade of Leo Williams but it's certainly a thought that would cross one's mind given a decent alignment of strengths and weaknesses between these two teams.

For a second round rookie?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Eh...Williams is an average player that happened to be drafted high.  If we could get a legitimate starting CB you make the trade in a second.

Disagree, it is hard to gauge Williams because of the former staff and how they used dlinemen. they preferred the lbers to make plays and dlinemen to occupy space and get occasional pressure and linebackers make the plays. How about we let things play out before cutting bait. If he comes back great under this staff then what go looking for another de? we have to start sticking with these high round draft picks sooner or later at the right cost

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, rammagen said:

Disagree, it is hard to gauge Williams because of the former staff and how they used dlinemen. they preferred the lbers to make plays and dlinemen to occupy space and get occasional pressure and linebackers make the plays. How about we let things play out before cutting bait. If he comes back great under this staff then what go looking for another de? we have to start sticking with these high round draft picks sooner or later at the right cost

People don't this..

Williams was DOING what Bowles and staff wanted him to do!!

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Williams is a free agent next year and hasn't lived up to his draft position. If we could get a starting CB for him it would be a haul.

We can still trade him.  Personnel offices will still view him as a player with a tangible value.  I just think with this new coaching staff and GM, the odds get better the longer we keep him.  Besides it's the preseason.  Gunna be a lot of teams out there with sudden roster emergencies.  Arizona is just one.

If I were Douglas I would be on the phone with Rick Spielman of the Vikes trying to pry loose Trae Waynes or Xavier Rhodes for a mid-round pick.  The Vikes have decent CB depth (Mike Hughes and M. Alexander) and are in cap hell.  Offer them the fifth round pick they just gave up for a kicker.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I'm going to take a guess and say Douglas doesn't spend money at CB.  

The Eagles were built more with safeties and DL taking up money, and finding young guys at CB, so I doubt Douglas strays from it too far at the start.  I expect some cheap pickups, but I don't think he will make a major splash unless it's an offer you can't refuse.....like Peterson for Nathan Shepard, lol.  

Joe Douglas: "Hey, so I hear you guys need some help on the D-line over there in 'Zona. How does Leonard Williams sound to you?"

Steve Keim: "Ok, what were you thinking as a return?"

JD: "Cornerback."

SK: "Which one; we've got..."

JD: "All of them."

SK: "Excuse me?"

JD: "I want all of your cornerbacks."

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

Joe Douglas: "Hey, so I hear you guys need some help on the D-line over there in 'Zona. How does Leonard Williams sound to you?"

Steve Keim: "Ok, what were you thinking as a return?"

JD: "Cornerback."

SK: "Which one; we've got..."

JD: "All of them."

SK: "Excuse me?"

JD: "I want all of your cornerbacks."

Click ?

16 hours ago, BettyBoop said:

If I were Douglas I would be on the phone with Rick Spielman of the Vikes trying to pry loose Trae Waynes or Xavier Rhodes for a mid-round pick.  The Vikes have decent CB depth (Mike Hughes and M. Alexander) and are in cap hell.  Offer them the fifth round pick they just gave up for a kicker.

I agree but the only issue they are bumping against the cap, so if they accelerate money due they could go over the cap