Training Camp Tweet (8/11)

kdels62

16 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

While all this may turn out to be true, AB earned every single penny he got just like Revis prior to 2016.  The NFL is a business PERIOD STOP!  The sooner you fans accept this the easier it will be to let go of the obsession about million dollar athletes not earning their contracts from the Billionaire owners who make billions whether their team goes 0-16, or wins the Super Bowl.

No one said he didnt earn his money. He got paid and is holding out and threatening to retire over a got damn helmet. I was all for Bell sitting out last year for his money. I argued and argued with posters over it being a business so you are preaching to the choir. He got paid ... now play. Really simple.

47 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Disgusting roster management from the last GM to the one before that and so on.

To not have starting caliber corners is one issue but not even having the depth to sorta compete at the position is another.

They have to make a move this offseason for someone if they want to really contend for the playoffs this season.

If you didn’t know any better you’d think the league office designated the Jets to make terrible draft picks. 

2 hours ago, BCJet said:

My guess is that he has Johnson in man coverage but with help behind him so that he can take chances on the ball.  Tru is not close to good enough to leave solo against a good WR, he just doesnt have the athleticism anymore.

Let him play man coverage with some help over the top and let the rest of the team mix in zone, etc. and he should be able to play much better than last year.

Can you repeat that??

By all accounts Wesco was at least 1-2 rounds overdrafted so getting him on the PS if he continues to be invisible this summer shouldn’t be risky.

Sure. And legget wasnt deserving of being on an NFL roster. That lasted one night with 5 waiver claims.

Wesco wouldn’t make it 5 min on the practice squad. He’s got plenty enough potential to warrant a team keeping him as the 3rd or 4th TE in the active roster.

And we had better do the same damned thing.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Sure. And legget wasnt deserving of being on an NFL roster. That lasted one night with 5 waiver claims.
Wesco wouldn’t make it 5 min on the practice squad. He’s got plenty enough potential to warrant a team keeping him as the 3rd or 4th TE in the active roster.
And we had better to the same damned thing.

He caught 28 passes in 3 years at WV. He's the definition of a first year PS player.

• Thumb Down 1

35 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

And we had better to the same damned thing.

I like him as a guy who can block from the TE, H-back, or FB positions, and maybe catch a couple passes as an outlet here and there. Just want him to make Tomlinson unnecessary this year. 

28 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

He caught 28 passes in 3 years at WV. He's the definition of a first year PS player.

Yeah, with 26 of them last year. They just never used him a a receiver, and when they figured it out, he caught like 80% of the balls thrown his way. I definitely see him as more of a blocking TE, especially early, but the guy can catch and carry defenders after he does. Like I said, I'll be disappointed if he's not on the 53. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Matt39 said:

By all accounts Wesco was at least 1-2 rounds overdrafted so getting him on the PS if he continues to be invisible this summer shouldn’t be risky.

I heard at least one account of him being drafted right where he should be. (BRs live coverage). 

Its early to be throwing the shade with hyperbole.

• Upvote 2

He’s a devastating blocker which is the other Important aspect of a quality TE. He would be snatched up in minutes. Your not stashing a guy with his potential on the practice squad.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 4

Jets Practice Report: Ryan Kalil Practices for First Time 

IMG_6717-greenberg-head

Ethan Greenberg

TEAM REPORTER

E_SZ1_4541-kalil-thumb_edited-1

In the Jets’ return to the practice field following their preseason opener, center Ryan Kalil participated in individual drills for the first time since signing with the Green & White Aug. 2.

“A little rusty, so we have to shake some of that off, but it was a good first day,” Kalil said.

There is no timetable for the 34-year-old’s debut in team periods as head coach Adam Gase said the team will continue to take it day-by-day.

“I think we just want to be very smart how quickly we go with this,” Gase said. “We have a guy that’s played a lot of football, he’s done this before. We just have to make sure he feels great when we get going and when he’s in there, he knows what he’s doing, can play fast and is in the kind of shape he wants to be in. We’ll be smart about how we’ll do things.”

The 12-year veteran has been impressed with the offense’s “incredible” energy and how well his new teammates have taken to the playbook. Gase said Kalil has been sharp in the meeting room despite learning a new language, but Kalil said his experience can only help to a certain extent. 

“These guys have had a little bit of a head start, so regardless of your experience, you start from square one every year no matter what,” he said. “I have some catching up to do, but everyone’s been super helpful. The coaches have been great and have really given me a chance to try to catch up as fast I can. So, we’ll just keep chipping away.”

Well, all the people that thought that the evil Todd Bowles was the only thing keeping our young corners down, Kyron Brown, a rookie free agent is ahead of Derrick Jones, and Parry Nickerson and they cut Jeremy Clark.  If you love and value Gregg Williams, that isn't a good sign for those guys.  Hell, the idea that Brian Poole is ahead of them is scary enough. 

3 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Well, all the people that thought that the evil Todd Bowles was the only thing keeping our young corners down, Kyron Brown, a rookie free agent is ahead of Derrick Jones, and Parry Nickerson and they cut Jeremy Clark.  If you love and value Gregg Williams, that isn't a good sign for those guys.  Hell, the idea that Brian Poole is ahead of them is scary enough. 

Kyron Brown down, surely one of our young bucks will be next in line?  Nope, Arthur Maulet, a 2017 UDFA out of Memphis on a futures contract who has spent time with the Saints and Colts.  At least he has actually seen some real game action for both teams, unlike our 2017 6th rounders who only played on week 17 of seasons where the Jets could not possibly make the playoffs.