Marcus Maye Activated

slats

16 minutes ago, slats said:

Kid started all 16 games as a rookie. Crazy how that's forgotten already. Hopefully he can put last year behind him and keep his ass on the field. Gase had the, "we like what you do, but you have to do it smarter," talk with Enunwa, he needs to have it with Maye, too. 

Right. He got hurt in Game 16, as I recall.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Lol, he's starting if healthy. He's not battling for just a roster spot.

Maybe but I'm not so sure. This is a new coaching staff and a new front office. They have no ties to him. He needs to prove himself after coming back from injury. You're probably right, but I think there's an outside chance he ends up cut or traded.

He must be ready to go. I think they were just overly cautious with him & that seems to be a theme under this group. They don't have the play through pain mentality, they have the GET 100% WELL mentality & then let's go get it. 

1 hour ago, jetscrazey said:

Doctors probably just told him the pain wasn't getting any better and he'd have to play through it.  Neuropathy is one reason why the NFL should start embracing cannabis.

I mean playing hurt is kind of a prerequisite for having a career especially for non skill position guys.

14 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Do any of you realize he played every game his rookie year. Suddenly he's Mr. Glass?

It's more than that though. Even when he has played, there were many a training camp report where he was riding a bike and not practicing even when obstenisbly healthy. I hope he can play, we really need him 

4 hours ago, slats said:

Marcus Maye activated from PUP list

Posted by Josh Alper on August 11, 2019, 9:16 AM EDT

gettyimages-1148484056-e1565529340246.jp
Getty Images

Jets head coach Adam Gase said last week that the team had no timeline for safety Marcus Maye to come off the physically unable to perform list and that he hadn’t received “any indication” that Maye would practice this week.

Things apparently took a turn for the better over the last few days. The Jets announced on Sunday that Maye has been activated from the PUP list.

Maye went on injured reserve last December with a shoulder injury and had surgery to address it. He was able to do individual work during organized team activities, but was placed on the PUP list to open camp. Gase referred to Maye dealing with a “nerve injury” and said the team didn’t want to get Maye on the field only to have to shut him down again if he wasn’t totally ready to go.

It seems the Jets are confident that won’t be the case and they now have both their starting safeties ready to work in practice.

Not that I can. But  someone needs to make him run a hundred yards without stopping before  he plays s single down! 

This really is a s*** deal. I know maccagnan took a lot of heat for taking two safeties in the first and second round, but I've said it before ..I was more impressed with Marcus in his rookie year than I was with Adams. I really like the way Marcus plays and I really hope he's done with his injury bad luck. I really think we need this guy

• Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, slats said:

Kid started all 16 games as a rookie. Crazy how that's forgotten already. Hopefully he can put last year behind him and keep his ass on the field. Gase had the, "we like what you do, but you have to do it smarter," talk with Enunwa, he needs to have it with Maye, too. 

Haters gonna hate.

Dude has played 75% of his short career... Got hurt twice, once major enough to miss real time.

Darnold missed more time his rookie year... Should we have him complete for a roster spot too? Based on all the Maye haters logic he should.... ?