Trumaine Johnson Out Indefinitely

Vudu

11 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

How do you know? I mean I don’t think he did either...but no one know anything.

According to tweets on the play, he pulled it running back a pick six. At the time, no one knew he was hurt - I think with a tear he probably doesn't finish the play?

• Upvote 1

I have to say I am impressed with how Gase balances aggressiveness with foresight and balance and seems to really prioritize not putting players in situations where they get injured, and when they do he is conservative and smart in bringing them back.

Also, in the interview Gase confirmed my own feeling that they just hung the defense out to dry just to see where the depth players limits are. Pretty smart approach as the scheme can come later, also what Gase said.

Third impressions, seems like we are going to be up tempo and no huddle a lot this year. Will definitely be bizzaro world Jets football.

I wished someone had asked him about Valentine. Seems like he went from no shot to maybe having a shot after the first preseason game.

• Upvote 1

I think they'll be pretty careful with Johnsons recovery, he's literally the ONLY starting CB we have. Just an observation but it's amazing how many veteran players tweak hamstrings during these LONG HOT SUMMER practices. coinkidink? I think not. Face it folks, many, many veteran players are not fans of training camp. They've been playing football their entire lives, and once they get in shape & grasp the playbook (Tru already knows GWs playbook), it's no different than your jobs. Like those lame azz meetings where you have to listen to some dweeb millennial nauseate you sh*t you've known for years & looking at the clock and that one annoying guy keeps asking stupid questions that keep every stuck there for 15 more minutes. 

Preseason sucks horsec*ck.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, genot said:

He tore his hamstring. I don't think Tru did.

Probably not as I think he wouldn't have been able to walk off the field on his own.  Why would the Jets tell any team if he did.     Hello any team with CB depth , what do yo want for that CB.   Well I just saw you lost your top CB to injury, I think the asking price just went up.

Point if the Jets are in the market for a CB , it does them no good to look desperate/ reveal injuries.

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, KRL said:

You people need to stop with these panic threads about camp injuries.  Its 8/11

if he misses 7-10 days who cares

This ^ 

We've already seen plenty of threads on how we nee to trade for a starting caliber FS because of Mayes injury and now Tru pulls his hammy and people are talking about trading Leo and Avery or giving away precious draft picks. 

19 hours ago, KRL said:

You people need to stop with these panic threads about camp injuries.  Its 8/11

if he misses 7-10 days who cares

True.  Jamison Crowder injured a foot a few weeks ago and had a MRI.  The sky was falling.  He was back on the field the next day.

Let's hope it's something similar here....maybe a week or so.  HOWEVER, hamstring injuries are notorious for lingering...it ruined a good chunk of a season for Revis way back when.  This needs to be treated very conservatively...take extra time, etc.  JMHO.

3 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

True.  Jamison Crowder injured a foot a few weeks ago and had a MRI.  The sky was falling.  He was back on the field the next day.

Let's hope it's something similar here....maybe a week or so.  HOWEVER, hamstring injuries are notorious for lingering...it ruined a good chunk of a season for Revis way back when.  This needs to be treated very conservatively...take extra time, etc.  JMHO.

We still need a starting CB opposite Johnson. 

If Johnson did tear his hammy do you think the Jets would be smart to make that news public? I think not! That would be letting other teams know how desperate they are for a corner and the price would go up. Now do I think he tore his hammy - No - but if he did I wouldn't be letting out that news right away!