Sign in to follow this  
Jets4Life1979

Vedvik to Vikings

Granted the guy has lots of potential but he is unproven. Steep price in my opinion. Vikings are all in.Have to hope it comes back to bight them.

• Upvote 2

Dan Bailey was very solid for most of his career but kinda dropped off the last couple years. Definitely a guy worth looking at, though. 

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Another year of the Jets making the Vikings pay more for a player than they wanted to. 

When we are losing games by 2-3 points due to missed FG's lets revisit this post

• Like 2
  • Post of the Week 1

20 minutes ago, Bocajetfan said:

Granted the guy has lots of potential but he is unproven. Steep price in my opinion. Vikings are all in.Have to hope it comes back to bight them.

You wouldn't draft a kicker with potential in the fifth, particularly if you needed one?

• Upvote 3

36 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

You wouldn't draft a kicker with potential in the fifth, particularly if you needed one?

A team like the Jets with the needs they have no. Team like the Vikings who I believe see themselves with a limited widow yes. Still hope it comes back to bight them. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bocajetfan said:

A team like the Jets with the needs they have no. Team like the Vikings who I believe see themselves with a limited widow yes. Still hope it comes back to bight them. 

The Jets do have needs and kicker is clearly one of them. The guy isn't proven of course, but clearly was talented. I would have traded a fifth to alleviate that need now if he was a guy that has a strong accurate leg and could kick for ten years, that other scrub cost the jets 2 points. Unless you think your going to find a young undrafted kicker, which isn't a stretch either.

1 hour ago, Jets4Life1979 said:

I would just sign Matt Bryant.....he's a clutch kicker and has kicked in big time playoff games

It should be a game this season to post a Matt Bryant gif every time the kicker issue or matt bryant is mentioned.

franchise record sport GIF by Atlanta Falcons

• Upvote 2

everybody knew he was on several radars... proceed to twist your panties

• Upvote 1

I got beat up here for complaining about not resigning Myers.

Everyone said he had a fluke year, or Catanzaro would be just fine. Well that sure aged well. Myers is lights out in the Seattle camp, we missed out on who looked to be the best available option because of a 5th round pick.

From what I see here today, Dan Bailey is the next man up? Isn’t he the same fella we brought in last year for a tryout? I think he lasted two minutes before  we sent him home.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 14 in Green said:

I got beat up here for complaining about not resigning Myers.

Everyone said he had a fluke year, or Catanzaro would be just fine. Well that sure aged well. Myers is lights out in the Seattle camp, we missed out on who looked to be the best available option because of a 5th round pick.

From what I see here today, Dan Bailey is the next man up? Isn’t he the same fella we brought in last year for a tryout? I think he lasted two minutes before  we sent him home.

Kickers are extremely important. It sucks to have to sign guys at peak value after a pro bowl year but Myers was awesome. I forget what he was paid and it may have been too much for a kicker. It’s just a tough pill to swallow accepting that we HAD a pro bowl kicker and let him go.

Hopefully we can find someone serviceable. We aren’t a playoff team anyways this year so it doesn’t really matter. Just keep developing Sam and fill the gaps this upcoming offseason. 

• Upvote 1

(What If Gase and Douglas don’t rally care if they lose a bunch of games in 2019 as long as Darnold looks good doing it and they can reap a higher draft pick in the process?)

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

(What If Gase and Douglas don’t rally care if they lose a bunch of games in 2019 as long as Darnold looks good doing it and they can reap a higher draft pick in the process?)

Gase and Douglas are not here to lose. I hope this is the Sunday night craft beer and shots of fireball talking. 

• Upvote 1

:Jets lose 38-36 to the Steelers, dropping their record to 5-10. Darnold goes 35-39, 452 yards, 4 TDs, 1 INT, but game is lost on on a missed field goal to end regulation:

Adam Gase: hell yeah dancing GIF by collin

• Haha 4

51 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

The Jets do have needs and kicker is clearly one of them. The guy isn't proven of course, but clearly was talented. I would have traded a fifth to alleviate that need now if he was a guy that has a strong accurate leg and could kick for ten years, that other scrub cost the jets 2 points. Unless you think your going to find a young undrafted kicker, which isn't a stretch either.

Understand where you are coming from. Jets have bigger needs at O-line and CB that fifth rounder could be a player or more importantly a chip in moving up for a specific player. Just an opinion.

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You mean instead of winning meaningless games and missing the playoffs, they actually better themselves for the future?

Come on man!

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

They might not have much choice T0m.

CB looks like a disaster. I’m not buying into Khalil as a savior returning for the love of Sam and USC. I think he came back for 8 million reasons only, and the OL is still going to be bad.

Nobody here thinks a kicker matters until they see Cat spit the bit, TE looks dismal until October, and we really haven’t had any serious injuries yet.

We all saw what the “depth” looked like Thursday night, so yeah you might be right.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

As time goes on I think more and more each passing day that @T0mShane is @PatsFanTX

I might be PatsFanTx, but you were amazing in both American Beauty The Usual Suspects.

• Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

They might not have much choice T0m.

CB looks like a disaster, I’m not buying into Khalil as a savior returning for the love of Sam and USC. I think he came back for 8 million reasons only, and the OL is still going to be bad. Nobody here thinks a kicker matters until they see Cat spit the bit, TE looks dismal until October, and we really haven’t had any serious injuries yet.

We all saw what the “depth” looked like Thursday night, so yeah you might be right.

I’m just pointing to their lack of urgency in fixing any of the very apparent issues on the roster as a potential sign that they’re realistic with their long-term vision for the team

4 hours ago, GreenFish said:

ahh the Vikings. 

Keeps him off the Bears roster as well.

3 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

A lot of teams after a kicker, they just got a good price.

Supply and demand

It’s the Vike’s problem now in the winter when he puts on those goggles with the tiny slits in them and tries to shoot their dogs. 

thing-norwegian.jpg