Sign in to follow this  
Jets4Life1979

Vedvik to Vikings

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I’m just pointing to their lack of urgency in fixing any of the very apparent issues on the roster as a potential sign that they’re realistic with their long-term vision for the team

Could be that they think picking up a serviceable kicker on the waiver wire/near the end of preseason and integrating him into the special teams unit might be easier and cheaper than doing the same with a CB or OL and their respective units.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

When we are losing games by 2-3 points due to missed FG's lets revisit this post

What does this mean? Dude if we lose games by missed extra points, it wouldn't make paying a 5th smart

3 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

I got beat up here for complaining about not resigning Myers.

Everyone said he had a fluke year, or Catanzaro would be just fine. Well that sure aged well. Myers is lights out in the Seattle camp, we missed out on who looked to be the best available option because of a 5th round pick.

From what I see here today, Dan Bailey is the next man up? Isn’t he the same fella we brought in last year for a tryout? I think he lasted two minutes before  we sent him home.

I think the criticism is don't over pay for a kicker. Same reason we don't draft one with the 1st pick or 5th

1 hour ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I think the criticism is don't over pay for a kicker. Same reason we don't draft one with the 1st pick or 5th

I understand a team not wanting to overpay for a kicker, but Myers wasn’t just ANY kicker last year, he was not only our kicker, but he was a Pro Bowl kicker. 

We had plenty of cap space, and could’ve worked out a deal with him the same way we did with Enunwa. This team had enough holes going into the end of the season and then the free agency period. There was no need to create another, especially when the player was one of the few who produced beyond the team’s expectations.

Whatever, what’s done is done, right? Now the position is a mess, and they have to figure out how to clean it up.

11 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I understand a team not wanting to overpay for a kicker, but Myers wasn’t just ANY kicker last year, he was not only our kicker, but he was a Pro Bowl kicker. 

We had plenty of cap space, and could’ve worked out a deal with him the same way we did with Enunwa. This team had enough holes going into the end of the season and then the free agency period. There was no need to create another, especially when the player was one of the few who produced beyond the team’s expectations.

Whatever, what’s done is done, right? Now the position is a mess, and they have to figure out how to clean it up.

Macc should be fired for this.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I’ve got an idea! Let’s start a  Fire Macc thread. 

10 minutes ago, Maxman said:

if we fire him is there anybody decent available to get as GM?  I thought all the good ones were gone in Jan.😁

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, jetfan39 said:

if we fire him is there anybody decent available to get as GM?  I thought all the good ones were gone in Jan.😁

I’ve got an idea.... Maybe we can let him hire a guy as our new HC before we fire him. Hear me out...

Let’s choose a guy who just got fired, that we’d prefer to be our OC. We could make him HC after the guy we really want to be our HC turns down the job because he doesn’t want him as his OC. You think that sounds crazy? Just wait, I’m not done.

After we hire that guy as HC, how’s about before he coaches a game, we let him be the guy to get the guy who hired him get fired, then let him pick the new GM?.... Wait there’s more!

What do you say we let him hire his friend, a guy who never was a GM before. What the heck,let’s give him a 6 year 18 million dollar deal. Then we can all proclaim him the best GM we’ve had in the last 20 years or so, because, well ,.... because he isn’t the GM the new HC fired!

Nah, I’m sorry, I can’t believe I posted this. It’s ridiculous. It could never happen in the real world, right?

• Butt Fumble 1

2 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

He was just a garbage kicker that had an uncharacteristic year and excelled. We will just get another. The guy you want to overpay will have an Ave to poor year and we will get a kicker and be fine. 

The way they do that is sign a guy off the street just like last year

6 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

What does this mean? Dude if we lose games by missed extra points, it wouldn't make paying a 5th smart

Not sure your point here either. I’m confident this year we will be good but not dominant. If we are in close games special teams means the world. Not sure how you feel missing fgs and extra points doesn’t factors into a possible win or loss?

I hope the rest of the team is so good that I actually give a **** about the kicker. 

• Upvote 3

We're forgoing a kicker this year for every 4th down under 5 yards. It's TD or bust this year for the NY Jets & Gase will be viewed as a genius. 

Remember that coach who went for every 4th down in high school? We're tweaking that philosophy based on having a sh*tty kicker. As soon as we're within a 55 yard FG, we go into 5 yard mode, 5 yards or less & we're going for every 4th down. We don't allow the kicker to try anything over 30 yards in this scenario. 

It becomes groundbreaking, as nerdy statisticians everywhere prove that percentages favor Sam & his uncanny ability to extend plays, find open WRs, or run for 1st downs, not only increases our point totals, but increases FG percentage for our chip shot FG kicker (no attempts over 30 yards). 

Belichick has to copy this new offense to keep up with the Jets propensity to score on almost every possession that crosses the 40 yard line. Peter King pronounces Adam Gase, "CRAZY LIKE A FOX" as Marty Feldman clips are shown on the big screen as soon as we cross the 50 that send the home team crowd in a frenzy of excitement anticipating each 4th down. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Bocajetfan said:

Granted the guy has lots of potential but he is unproven. Steep price in my opinion. Vikings are all in.Have to hope it comes back to bight them.

16 hours ago, Bocajetfan said:

A team like the Jets with the needs they have no. Team like the Vikings who I believe see themselves with a limited widow yes. Still hope it comes back to bight them. 

bight?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Not sure your point here either. I’m confident this year we will be good but not dominant. If we are in close games special teams means the world. Not sure how you feel missing fgs and extra points doesn’t factors into a possible win or loss?

I'm saying we could be missing extra points (easy kicks) as am extreme of holy sh*t we need a quality kicker, and even then at that extreme it is not a good idea to over pay for a kicker 

We just need a decent guy at a normal price.

3 hours ago, Jetster said:

We're forgoing a kicker this year for every 4th down under 5 yards. It's TD or bust this year for the NY Jets & Gase will be viewed as a genius. 

Remember that coach who went for every 4th down in high school? We're tweaking that philosophy based on having a sh*tty kicker. As soon as we're within a 55 yard FG, we go into 5 yard mode, 5 yards or less & we're going for every 4th down. We don't allow the kicker to try anything over 30 yards in this scenario. 

It becomes groundbreaking, as nerdy statisticians everywhere prove that percentages favor Sam & his uncanny ability to extend plays, find open WRs, or run for 1st downs, not only increases our point totals, but increases FG percentage for our chip shot FG kicker (no attempts over 30 yards). 

Belichick has to copy this new offense to keep up with the Jets propensity to score on almost every possession that crosses the 40 yard line. Peter King pronounces Adam Gase, "CRAZY LIKE A FOX" as Marty Feldman clips are shown on the big screen as soon as we cross the 50 that send the home team crowd in a frenzy of excitement anticipating each 4th down. 

Awesome

10 hours ago, Maxman said:

Mac is so done in the NFL.  He gets re-fired at least once per day since he was fired.  

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

this PK situation will cost the team wins and the worst part is we all saw it coming 

all this being said there's a guy on the panthers Joey Slye the "Swole" kicker they might have their eyes on (Douglas CAR connections)

https://www.panthers.com/team/players-roster/joey-slye/

What are Douglas Carolina connections?  I know he signed Kalil, but I have only seen Douglas listed at Baltimore, Chicago and Philly.  Are any of those guys over in Carolina?  Their GM is a journalist from Wheaton High here in "Upper" Silver Spring MD, and he has been there a long time. 

51 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

What are Douglas Carolina connections?  I know he signed Kalil, but I have only seen Douglas listed at Baltimore, Chicago and Philly.  Are any of those guys over in Carolina?  Their GM is a journalist from Wheaton High here in "Upper" Silver Spring MD, and he has been there a long time. 

it's hard to play 6 degrees of kevin bacon with the GMs and scouts but these guys all have worked together at some point... raiding each others staffs... even if Douglas has ever worked in Carolina i bet he's worked with someone who is there now  

17 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

I got beat up here for complaining about not resigning Myers.

Hey!! How come I didn't get in on that?

Let me know the next time you're going to make a grand proclamation about the roster and I'll be sure to throw a few haymakers at you!

:D 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Remember when we screwed up by not giving up a 5th, or more, for a kicker?

Why do you think it was a mistake for the Jets? 

28 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Remember when we screwed up by not giving up a 5th, or more, for a kicker?

Hmmmmm actually I remember when the Jets screwed up by letting Myers walk!!!!

And this is a sample of how he is doing if you are interested....