[OT] WR Jalen Hurd

Dcat

1 minute ago, RobR said:

Mac still would've taken Polite. 

True. Also why i want to die. 

I think Macc's passive plan of Offensive talent ambivalence was to hope he can take with our second 3 round pick... because, you know, why not take yet another Pass Rusher in the 3rd. 

8 minutes ago, Paradis said:

basically if i really love them, chances are the jets hate them and they'll wind up being great.  

you have to start "hating" these guys.... you are really setting this franchise back, lol...

14 minutes ago, Paradis said:

True. Also why i want to die. 

I think Macc's passive plan of Offensive talent ambivalence was to hope he can take with our second 3 round pick... because, you know, why not take yet another Pass Rusher in the 3rd. 

Good news is he got sh*tcanned and I truly believe we have the right person and staff in charge. That's about as optimistic as I'll ever get with this franchise. 

Good times a coming.

• Upvote 4

Patriots effusive of long-locked rookie Chase Winovich

August 7, 2019 | 2:42pm | Updated 

Former Michigan star Chase Winovich is already making a name for himself within the Patriots organization, which drafted the defensive end in the third round (77th overall) of the 2019 NFL Draft.

And it isn’t just from his distinct blond locks that hang out of the back of his helmet.

Patriots star linebacker Don’t’a Hightower has taken notice of Winovich’s ability to easily integrate into the team’s systems, highlighting his transition from a down lineman to a stand-up NFL outside linebacker.

“He’s definitely got a high motor, that’s for sure. He’s one of the guys who works really hard,” Hightower said. “He’s always asking questions and he obviously wants to do the right things all of the time. You really couldn’t ask much more from a guy that’s willing to do whatever and then with the way he does it.

“He acts like he’s done it for a while, and he definitely follows the role of whether it’s [John] Simon or Kyle [Van Noy] or Jamie [Collins] or whoever. Whoever he’s working with, he does a good job of being a sponge.”

Winovich will return to the state of Michigan for his NFL debut with the Patriots in Thursday’s preseason matchup on the road against the Lions. And Patriots head coach Bill Belichick is ready to see what the 24-year-old can do.

“Well, he’s a rookie. He needs to work on everything. But, Chase is tough, he runs well, he’s got good size, good power,” Belichick said. “He had a very productive career at Michigan and we’re looking forward to seeing him out there in some game action, both on defense and in the kicking game. But, like every rookie, he’s got a long way to go and a lot of things to work on. It’s a different game, and the competition’s very high. He’ll battle it and see how it goes.”

Midway through training camp, Winovich said he is taking every day as part of a “learning process” and is looking forward to growing as a person and a player.

But as for whether or not the Patriot veterans will allow the rookie standout to keep his signature hairstyle is still up in the air.

“I really don’t know,” Winovich said. “For me, it is a source of pride and strength, I’d say, playing football. But at the end of the day, it’s just hair. And if they really wanted to cut it, I wouldn’t have any qualms about it.

“I’m part of a team. It’s not about me. It’s about what the team wants. And I’ve expressed that to some of the leaders, so I think that makes them less inclined to try to cut it anyway. That’s kind of human nature.”