BOOMER and GIO at JET CAMP

10 minutes ago, Apache 51 said:

Practice has started. 3hr's earlier than it used to start.

Namath  Coming up next. Love to listen to Joe, could listen to him all day long.

To be fair the last time the Jets had any real success was 09-10 when Rex had them practicing during the 8:00 hour, and then again in the 3:00 hour, and the 3:00 practice was only special teams for the most part.

2 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

WFAN has long been unlistenable due to the amount of ad's they run. If I hear 1800kars4kids one more god damned time I might just slit my ears open

Not only is it annoying but Kars4kids are so vague at how they help kids because it's an Orthodox Jewish charity with the sole purpose of finding non-practicing Jews and getting them back into Orthodoxy by sponsoring trips to Israel. Thanks but I have better causes to donate to. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, JetFreak89 said:

Not only is it annoying but Kars4kids are so vague at how they help kids because it's an Orthodox Jewish charity with the sole purpose of finding non-practicing Jews and getting them back into Orthodoxy by sponsoring trips to Israel. Thanks but I have better causes to donate to. 

For real?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

For real?

There's a lot of cloudiness around it.  Personally I hate the jingle so much I would never donate a car to them but it sounds like transparency isn't their thing, which is a real problem for a charitable organization.  Lots of articles like this:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/kars4kids-charity-misleads-donors-report/

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, nycdan said:

There's a lot of cloudiness around it.  Personally I hate the jingle so much I would never donate a car to them but it sounds like transparency isn't their thing, which is a real problem for a charitable organization.  Lots of articles like this:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/kars4kids-charity-misleads-donors-report/

I remember calling them once to inquire about donating a car and was told some crap like they take the car on consignment and see if they can sell it, if not you get nothing. You are right, they are VERY misleading, the ad's make it seem like it is just a drop off and easy tax deduction with no strings. What's even more amazing is that public media outlets such as WFAN continue to over play this ad and collect revenues from what appears to be a shady at best organization. I mean I know money is tight but really.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

I remember calling them once to inquire about donating a car and was told some crap like they take the car on consignment and see if they can sell it, if not you get nothing. You are right, they are VERY misleading, the ad's make it seem like it is just a drop off and easy tax deduction with no strings. What's even more amazing is that public media outlets such as WFAN continue to over play this ad and collect revenues from what appears to be a shady at best organization. I mean I know money is tight but really.

Wow...

• Upvote 1