Updated Roster (Monday Aug 12)

24 minutes ago, BUM-KNEE said:

Thanks Sarge

How does the international roster spot work again?

I don't really know, to be honest.  I think they are a non-roster player until the final roster has to be set, then you have to put them on the roster or cut them.  I suppose they could be Practice Squad also at that point.  Not 100% sure.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, BUM-KNEE said:

Thanks Sarge

How does the international roster spot work again?

If they fail to make the 53-man roster, the team will have an 11th practice squad spot to carry them, but that spot will be ineligible to be promoted to the active roster. 

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

I don't really know, to be honest.  I think they are a non-roster player until the final roster has to be set, then you have to put them on the roster or cut them.  I suppose they could be Practice Squad also at that point.  Not 100% sure.

I think they get an extra practice squad slot for them, but that stuff is always in flux.

50 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Who knows how tall he is, but on the official jets roster he's listed at 5-11

(https://www.newyorkjets.com/team/players-roster/)

They listed him at 5'11" 185 in the draft profiles when he was coming out,  He wasn't at the combine, so I don't know if that was "reported" or measured, but he never struck me as a fidget like Woodhead, and I think he is taller than guys like Nickerson and Skrine.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Ok thanks

This is a great job as usual.

I would rather keep someone with potential at any position (maybe S) than Tomlinson on the roster again. 

If Foley plays well, I would rather give McClendon’s spot to him.  

CB is a mess.  

I think this should be the year the Jets move on from Miles and Middleton for some younger talent with potential.  Ok-Miles is good guy and good on specials.  One of them needs to be replaced.  

I don't want to nitpick but here's some nitpicking:

WR peake could make it at as a gunner over Dorsch and Burnett 

I still don't know how TE Tomlinson is on this or any roster

there might be one too many linebackers and one too few safeties 

and if DT Foley Fat keeps flashing he will make this roster somehow

• Upvote 2

The 30,000 ft. view....

• OLine has improved substantially.  Not great but we've definitely improved the breadth and depth of that position group
  • CB is a certifiable disaster at this point.  I'm obviously influenced by the injuries taking place but it was a weak group even prior to that.  Gregg Williams will have to work some incredible magic to mask that groups shortcomings, and JD should be on the phone daily with other GMs about who is available.
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, varjet said:

This is a great job as usual.

I would rather keep someone with potential at any position (maybe S) than Tomlinson on the roster again. 

If Foley plays well, I would rather give McClendon’s spot to him.  

CB is a mess.  

I think this should be the year the Jets move on from Miles and Middleton for some younger talent with potential.  Ok-Miles is good guy and good on specials.  One of them needs to be replaced.  

The only way the Jets cut McClendon is if he plays terrible. If he's just average, he makes the roster becasue he is the only veteran presense on the D line, is a leader in the locker room, and is beloved by his teammates. If Foley plays well Shephard or a depth OLB will be sacrificed to make room. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

The only way the Jets cut McClendon is if he plays terrible. If he's just average, he makes the roster becasue he is the only veteran presense on the D line, is a leader in the locker room, and is beloved by his teammates. If Foley plays well Shephard or a depth OLB will be sacrificed to make room. 

I don’t disagree with the logic, but that is a move that makes the team better this year but worse next year.  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, varjet said:

Doug Middleton is younger than Marcus Maye.  He has looked pretty solid to me in actual game action.  I am not cutting him simply because Santos Ramirez is a couple of years younger.  Miles is 30, you have more of a point there.