WR Rishard Matthews announces retirement

He played for the Jets for 5 games in 2018, catching just 2 passes for 13 yards.  

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001040937/article/rishard-mathews-announces-nfl-retirement

Rishard Mathews announces NFL retirement

• 0ap1000000236552.jpg
  • By Kevin Patra
  • Around the NFL Writer
  • Published: Aug. 12, 2019 at 01:08 p.m.

Rishard Matthews is done with the NFL.

The veteran receiver announced his retirement on Instagram Monday.

"It was cool being a professional football player and getting to play a kid's game for work," Matthews wrote. "I will always be a fan of the best sport in the world but for me, that kid's game no longer exist."

New Orleans Saints coach Sean Payton announced Saturday the team terminated Matthews' contract after landing with the squad in mid-June.

Thus ends an odd journey to the end of the wideout's seven-year career with the Miami Dolphins, Tennessee Titans and New York Jets.

After two stellar seasons with the Titans in 2016 and 2017, Matthews forced his way out of Tennessee after three games in 2018 due to his reduced role in the offense. The 29-year-old latched on with the New York Jets for five games but caught just two passes for 13 yards.

For his career, Matthews caught 230 passes for 3,160 yards and 21 touchdowns.

3 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I had some leftovers from yesterday, so I just made a sandwich of fried veal cutlet and eggplant parm on a nice piece of Ciabatta bread. Finished off the meal with a mini cannoli.

Im a happy man.

You should start a thread about it way better than this one. 

Whats next the NY Jets jock washer has retired. 

• Haha 1

Man, I feel like an idiot writing about how he was going to be a decent fit.  After the injury, he absolutely quit.  I was going back looking at some game film and wondering if we resigned David Nelson, because there was no separation at all.  It was like he didn't even care.  

He was actually good for the Titans until the injury, and just hasn't been the same.