Training Camp Tweets (8/13)

kdels62

14 minutes ago, chrisfaceoff said:

I love this kid's talent, and attitude.  I think he is quickly going to become the next Bilal Powell in terms of fan favorite.  Chatted with him at practice when he was signing autographs at the end.  Very nice person!

He's the 2019 version of Bruce Harper!  ;-)

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

More depth for this team.  Like ive said for weeks, if crowder goes down, we have a dynamic slot guy to fill in.  Wont miss a beat.

Im really liking the way this team is taking shape.

He just passed Deontay Burnett on the depth chart.  That is all this is saying.  I like Dortch and he has potential, but he is exactly the type of tiny fast guy that looks good in shorts/shells, but doesn't always translate to full pad game action. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

He just passed Deontay Burnett on the depth chart.  That is all this is saying.  I like Dortch and he has potential, but he is exactly the type of tiny fast guy that looks good in shorts/shells, but doesn't always translate to full pad game action. 

Found a training video:

Image result for ant man gif

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I like Dortch and he has potential, but he is exactly the type of tiny fast guy that looks good in shorts/shells, but doesn't always translate to full pad game action. 

Some of these little guys give you that feeling right? Seems to me though like the kid has no fear of hitting the middle of the field. Any slot guy with quickness that has no fear of the middle should thrive in Gase's offense.

Reminds me a lot of Crowder. Its funny because NFL.com has his NFL comparison as Jamison Crowder. 

Analysis

By Lance Zierlein
NFL Analyst
Draft Projection
Priority free agent
NFL Comparison
Jamison Crowder
Overview
Smooth, fluid slot receiver whose smallish build is overshadowed by his toughness in the middle of the field and talent as a return man. Dortch is productive, but has issues finishing contested catches and will need to run his routes with greater focus and urgency in order to maximize separation from defenders. He has the hands and quickness to become a future starting slot, but there will be teams who scratch him from their board due to his lack of size.
Strengths
  • Responsible for 39 percent of team catches and 36.6 percent of total receiving yards
  • Toughness cannot be questioned
  • Finished a 2017 game against Louisville after puncturing small intestine
  • Plays with fluid movement skills
  • Adequate quickness to separate from breaks
  • Leverages and snaps off route to open a catch box
  • Fights back against contact at route stem
  • Catches without fear with safeties bearing down on him
  • Able to drop and rescue low throws
  • Good elusiveness after the catch
  • Talented downhill returner on both punts and kick
Weaknesses
  • Can be too nonchalant with elements of his routes
  • Lacks consistent push in the drive phase
  • Needs to get in and out of breaks with consistent quickness
  • Drifts from the turn at the top of the route
  • Frame too small for contested catches
  • Waits for throws to get to him
  • Very limited catch radius
  • Leisurely finding space against zone vs
  • Boston College
  • Relies on athleticism over technique to uncover
Sources Tell Us

"Our philosophy values production and roster versatility. When you look at his per game production during his career against what we consider quality competition and then add his return value, it pushes him up probably a good round." - NFC director of college scout
  • Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

47 minutes ago, Rsherman28 said:

Some of these little guys give you that feeling right? Seems to me though like the kid has no fear of hitting the middle of the field. Any slot guy with quickness that has no fear of the middle should thrive in Gase's offense.

Reminds me a lot of Crowder. Its funny because NFL.com has his NFL comparison as Jamison Crowder. 

"Our philosophy values production and roster versatility. When you look at his per game production during his career against what we consider quality competition and then add his return value, it pushes him up probably a good round." - NFC director of college scout

I don't think it is a feeling.  I think it is a fact.  It doesn't mean every small guy will fail, but practice, particularly without pads, favors the quick and fast and is a detriment to larger bangers.  The nature of practice protects little guys who have trouble getting off the jam and might be susceptible to getting the ball ripped.

Dortch never reminded me much of Crowder because Crowder always seemed small, but tending towards stocky to me.  What did strike me about that review when I first read it was that the NFC director of college scouting quoted above sounds exactly like what I read about Douglas.  I wonder if the NFC team was the Eagles. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

More depth for this team.  Like ive said for weeks, if crowder goes down, we have a dynamic slot guy to fill in.  Wont miss a beat.

Im really liking the way this team is taking shape.

I feel like i'm always the Debby downer, but so be it.

Who cares if we're 3 deep at slot WR. Seriously.... 

That's the easiest receiver position to fill, and no special feat. Every team has a cafeteria line of 5'9 shifty WRs... big deal. You like this way this team is shaping up?... We have no true X-Split End yet, and no depth outside at WR period... Our Running backs are Bell and then a pacific sized gap of talent. 

We have a long, long way to go before we stop falling over ourselves because Greg Fcking Dortch is climbing the 2nd team depth chart. 

*kisses*

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I feel like i'm always the Debby downer, but so be it.

Who cares if we're 3 deep at slot WR. Seriously.... 

That's the easiest receiver position to fill, and no special feat. Every team has a cafeteria line of 5'9 shifty WRs... big deal. You like this way this team is shaping up?... We have no true X-Split End yet, and no depth outside at WR period... Our Running backs are Bell and then a pacific sized gap of talent. 

We have a long, long way to go before we stop falling over ourselves because Greg Fcking Dortch is climbing the 2nd depth chart. 

*kisses*

This is why we can't have nice things.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1