Favorite new player on the team

After replying in the camp post that Greg Dortch has probably become one of my new favorite players on this team from his work ethic talent, and personality I was curious to think what everyone else might think as well.

I figure we limit it to this year's draft class and last years class, and obviously take Sam out of the equation as well considering he'd win by a landslide.

Obviously we all hope for the best of every player on this team, but who would you pick as someone you really gravitate towards as a player?

This is the beauty of finally having a QB, if you have talent on offense, it wont be wasted by some stooge that can't get you the ball. If we can protect Darnold, continue with Gase & continuity on offense, Sam will know this offense like the back of his hand & make everyone around him better. 

That's something that is not talked about when it comes to Belichick & Brady. It's the same system for 18 years, so Brady is the grand wizard & if you come to the Pats as a free agent or a draft pick, if Brady & BB think you can't pick up the system, no matter how much physical talent you have, sayanara! 

They do not wait long for you to catch on. Remember Ocho Cinco? Brady has the pelts & if you run the wrong routes you might not be there long. Just look at how they've turned over that offense every year. Edelman & Gronk have really been the longterm fixtures. 

• Upvote 1

This is gonna sound funny to some of you.

Robby Anderson.

i think he has so much natural talent. He naturally positions himself to make catches, skinny but still hauls in 50/50 balls, becoming an even better route runner, maturing each day, insane speed, reliable hands and he genuinely wants to get better.

He’s grown a lot since his arrest a year or two ago. He seems more bought in to the team and being great. I hope he has a huge season and we extend him. Sam to Robby is and has been the single most exciting thing to watch on offense.

edit: didn’t see where it said “new player”. 

Crowder in that case.

• Upvote 3

Deontay is the guy I’ve been rooting for since we picked him up last year. I still really like the kid (he’s actually younger then Darnold).

This season I’m impressed the most by Chuma, and Cashman. Polite is a concern but I really wanted him, so I’m pulling for him to do well.

Wesco is not someone I have high hopes for, and Dortch just doesn’t strike me as being anything special with his lack of size. He’s a hard guy not to root for though.

• Upvote 1

Favorite new player obviously is Le'veon Bell. The guy has been top 5 best player in the league & is in his prime still. 

So strange that he's even donning the Green & White. It's cool that he was a Jet fan, and I've forgiven him for saying he wouldn't play for the Jets for 100 million, lol. It's kinda of funny & true based on Macc/Bowles. 2 guys were clowns & everyone knew it including Chris Johnson. Once Darnold was drafted Chris knew he'd be the magnet that would transform the organization. Lev seems relatively happy here now with the changes made at the top. Have we EVER had a player who you'd put in the top 5 in this league? 

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Now that Maccagnan is gone, I can admit that I’m happy and surprised LeVeon Bell is here. Probably the best offensive player we’ve ever had in a Jets uniform, even if it’s only for a year. 

You predicting offseason trade?  

I'm all about that guy they used this year's second rounder on.

But seriously, among the FAs, Crowder would be my pick. While Bell will obviously be a huge deal himself, I think the receiver position was an even bigger concern, and Crowder is an upgrade to talent, depth, and versatility.

Of the draft picks, I've got to go with Edoga. I think was the one I liked most at the time, and so far have liked what I heard. The first real OL draft investment, and particularly tackle, in a long time is a win on its own, and he might be the one guy this line already has as a long-term solution, which is currently seriously lacking.