How do teams scout each others training camps?

Beerfish

Do they send scouts to watch, out on the sly?  I would imagine it is a no no for other teams scouts to be attending camp sessions on a regular basis?  Other than ex games and just word of mouth how do teams get good insight onto players on other teams that might be good but won't make their team?

I imagine they largely rely on the on the grades they already have for certain players, rather than worrying about seeing them in person. But, if a player catches their eye who wasn't previously on their radar, I see no reason why they wouldn't send a scout to an open practice to watch him in action. 

• Upvote 1

During his interview on with Boomer and Gio yestrerday, Douglas discussed scouting other teams.  Not 100% certain, but I think he mentioned that the game tapes available this week is the first chance they get to see some of these guys on other teams who did not play last year.

48 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Do they send scouts to watch, out on the sly?  I would imagine it is a no no for other teams scouts to be attending camp sessions on a regular basis?  Other than ex games and just word of mouth how do teams get good insight onto players on other teams that might be good but won't make their team?

Any way possible.