Could Leo have played TOO MANY snaps?

Jetster

That was great insight into GW & how he views defense & scheme ect. But what really stuck out was what he said about rotation & keeping guys fresh. It made me think about Leo, lining up OVER & OVER plus getting doubled a lot as you would imagine any Oline coach would do because who else did you have to worry about? 

Now I have no clue if they are thinking about trading Leo, but if not having QW next to him can't hurt. I'm sure having Suh next to Donald helped Donald & Suh both. The combination of having a f*cking real offense for a change, putting up more points & keeping these guys fresh could turn things around for everyone on the defensive side of the ball. I'm sure playing defense on the Jets the last 8 years has not been fun watching the offense go 3 & out all of the time. 

Really looking forward to this new look O & D, these changes could be great for both.

• Upvote 4

While I get the concept in theory, if the player is one who needs to work on a limited snap count to be successful, then he simply isn't at the talent level to merit significant pay and is questionable to really even qualify as a "full-time starter".  I have no doubt there are plenty of players who would benefit greatly from that situation, but the Jets have over-invested in their interior DL by such an excessive amount over the years, and gotten a fairly poor ROI, that it simply doesn't work as a reasonable option for them.

If anything, such a circumstance would be the exact reason for that investment to be spread out over a larger group of mid-tier players, as opposed to constant doubling-down on supposed "big timers" who then need excuses for underachieving.  Even if Leo does have a career year splitting reps with Quinnen and Anderson, do we really think he'll be worth the contract he'll likely come asking for to be a rotational player, when there are far greater needs throughout the entire roster?

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Jet fans excuses for Leonard williams being terrible:

1- he gets double teamed

2- todd bowles 

3- he gets too much playing time(this is the most hysterical imo)

What other lame excuses am I missing?

First question, in which season was he "terrible"?  I almost stopped reading right there as the bias comes through loud and clear.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

I hope he does, buts he’s got 17 sacks in 4 year. Worth the 6th overall pick?

It's not a coincidence his best sack numbers were as a rookie, when teams were still worried about Wilkerson. Even though he was a lazy good for nothing. QW, will free up Leo, Leo will free up QW. If we get an edge rush from Polite, then it's party time on QB,s

2 minutes ago, genot said:

It's not a coincidence his best sack numbers were as a rookie, when teams were still worried about Wilkerson. Even though he was a lazy good for nothing. QW, will free up Leo, Leo will free up QW. If we get an edge rush from Polite, then it's party time on QB,s

Yawn.  This was supposed to happen with Wilkerson and Richardson teamed up too.  All we got was guys who can't get off their blocks and QB's getting all day to throw.  

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Jet fans excuses for Leonard williams being terrible:

1- he gets double teamed

2- todd bowles 

3- he gets too much playing time(this is the most hysterical imo)

What other lame excuses am I missing?

He's not a dominant player and has been a disappointment overall, but referring to him as "terrible" is pretty silly

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yawn.  This was supposed to happen with Wilkerson and Richardson teamed up too.  All we got was guys who can't get off their blocks and QB's getting all day to throw.  

Wilkerson was a dog. he played at half speed most of the time.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, genot said:

Yet somehow this wasn't an issue for the extraordinarily less costly Henry Anderson in that same lineup last year.  Let's just call it what it is.  Leo is by no means a bad player, but in the end he's simply a solid starter who hasn't come close to living up to his billing.  It's not magically everyone else's fault but his own that he's not what we had all hoped he would be.  If he steps up his game this year, then the credit certainly belongs to him in the end, just as any disappointment has him to blame.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

Wilkersons pre contract stats and performance blows Leonard Williams out of the water. 

Wikerson had his best year when Williams was a rookie. Williams in his 2nd year had better numbers than Wilkerson. The only stat that Mo trumped Williams, was in sack numbers. All the the other metrics were basically the same. Exept in 2016. Mo had 4 sacks, Leo had 7.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Yet somehow this wasn't an issue for the extraordinarily less costly Henry Anderson in that same lineup last year.  Let's just call it what it is.  Leo is by no means a bad player, but in the end he's simply a solid starter who hasn't come close to living up to his billing.  It's not magically everyone else's fault but his own that he's not what we had all hoped he would be.  If he steps up his game this year, then the credit certainly belongs to him in the end, just as any disappointment has him to blame.

Anderson played less than half the snaps leo did. he was brought in too rush the passer.

8 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

cool. we have witnesses here. i have done this before and am good for the $ if i lose.

dude with django avatar should also be good for it. makes the season more interesting...

That's Lenny Breau. I'm good for it, for sure. The only stipulation is that he has to play the majority of games. Say 14??? That fair?