Brady last year in NE rumors continue

It's Jerry time - Dallas will give Brady the $40m that Dak wanted, let Zeke continue his hold out to rest up for next year, sign Cooper, Gronk comes out of retirement and they make a run LOL

A 43 years old QB would have to appreciate the Cowboys OL and I would like to see how the vagiants like having that douche in their division for a few years - NFC east is ripe for tommy boy - make it happen Tanny

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 2

26 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

It's Jerry time - Dallas will give Brady the $40m that Dak wanted, let Zeke continue his hold out to rest up for next year, sign Cooper, Gronk comes out of retirement and they make a run LOL

A 43 years old QB would have to appreciate the Cowboys OL and I would like to see how the vagiants like having that douche in their division for a few years - NFC east is ripe for tommy boy - make it happen Tanny

This is a far more likely scenario than Brady going to SF--Brady goes to play behind an OL that reminds him of the NE OL's of years past and takes one year to make a ridiculous sum of money.

However, I think Brady concludes his career in NE because his brand is so strong there. He will forever be able to make a fortune selling his identity there, especially if he stays and retires from football there. He can move away and show up once every few months for signings and keep momentum. If he goes somewhere else he will ruin some of that because Tom Brady is the face of that franchise for anybody born in the past thirty years. 

If you believe NE has a line of payments to Brady or his company after he retires then Brady is going to think twice about playing anywhere else and putting that money in jeopardy. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

I'd like to see Brady and belichick have to go it alone and see who is 'the one'

It's both, but Belichick's success with Matt Cassell, Jacoby Brisset and Garappolo (he may be really good) suggest his system is just on another level.. Teams try to copy their success by hiring their coaches but never by embracing the way that NE handles the roster. NE shows that a franchise QB, coupled with a deep roster of versatile players but few if any starts, no 3rd contract guys, and rarely even signing their own RFAs is a tough formula to beat.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The Patriots are changing to a power running team to mask Bradys difficiences.  Anyone who watched him last year knows he is not half the player he was in his prime.

I dont know what team would be successful w/ Tom Brady at this point outside of NE.

He may be half the player now (I disagree), but he is probably 10x the player now mentally then he was in his prime.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

He may be half the player now (I disagree), but he is probably 10x the player now mentally then he was in his prime.

In the afc championship he threw 1 td and 2 picks.  In the super bowl, he threw 0 tds and 1 pick.  He is not the same guy anymore and would not be very successful outside of NE system at this stage of his career.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The Patriots are changing to a power running team to mask Bradys difficiences.  Anyone who watched him last year knows he is not half the player he was in his prime.

I dont know what team would be successful w/ Tom Brady at this point outside of NE.

My spelling is deficient, but this word is so badly mangled that I thought maybe it was a different word that I was unfamiliar with. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I'd like to see Brady and belichick have to go it alone and see who is 'the one'

Cant happen. Brady is already past the age where his peers fell off a cliff. Favre stunk and retired at 41. Manning 39. Brady will be 43 entering this season.

What Belicheck does can shed some light, but it's too late for Brady 

12 hours ago, Beerfish said:

yep. but this would've been way more interesting had it happened 5 or so seasons ago when brady was still at the top of his ability.  now it's plenty obvious he's lost a step and we're finally going to see a decline.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, slats said:

The no franchise tag clause is interesting, I guess, but Brady has been playing for below market contracts for his entire career. Does anyone really think the Pats would suddenly slap the franchise tag on a 43-year-old Tom Brady and give him $30-35M on a one year deal? The ****ing cheater has never had a cap number above $22M in his career. Pats'll lose a draft pick for circumventing the cap after he retires and the league will otherwise just sweep it under the carpet. Just like Denver and Elway back in the day. 

Well yeah 30-40% of Brady’s pay has been tax free money going to accounts in the Caymans 

4 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

In the afc championship he threw 1 td and 2 picks.  In the super bowl, he threw 0 tds and 1 pick.  He is not the same guy anymore and would not be very successful outside of NE system at this stage of his career.

They won the Super Bowl with about 4 players people can name outside Brady, Gronk, and Edelman.

5 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

I hope we get a new thread every time somebody has a new thought about tom brady retiring / leaving NE

Its not really about that though.  Tom Brady is not the one beating you anymore.  Hes an old, limited qb whos system that he plays in is carrying him now.

3 or 4 years ago that wasnt the case.  It was brady you feared.  

Brady wants to go into broadcasting that’s why he is selling his mansion and moving to NYC

and I mean real broadcasting like co hosting Good morning America or live with Kelly not the ESPN/Fox Sports let’s bash the Knicks/Jets for 12 hours per day talking head show

6 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

And yet he was the winning QB in both games.

Now wheres proof of that power running game.  Could it be the 4200 yards Brady passed for?  29 TDs?  Or the fact that they dont have a 1,000 yard RB on the roster?  

Theyre going to be more balanced, just they way they want it

11 hours ago, SAR I said:

I want Tom right where he is so the Jets can be the ones who end him. 

SAR I

I’m not looking to argue here sar, if that’s how you feel, fine. After all these years, you’re entitled.

My opinion is, by the time we do it (if we ever do) I’m not going to get any satisfaction out of beating a QB in his mid 40s.

He kicked everybody’s butt for 20 years. If you want brownie points for beating him after that, when he’s an old man, you can have them. I don’t. We had plenty of chances and couldn’t get it done when it would’ve meant something to me.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Its not really about that though.  Tom Brady is not the one beating you anymore.  Hes an old, limited qb whos system that he plays in is carrying him now.

3 or 4 years ago that wasnt the case.  It was brady you feared.  

How is this relevant to rumors of his leaving NE?

45 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

How is this relevant to rumors of his leaving NE?

Cause Bellichek will be sticking around.  People act like once brady leaves the Pats will be doormats.  The level of bradys play at this point, they very well could be better once he leaves.

At this point its not about when brady leaves, its about when bellichek leaves.

13 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Cause Bellichek will be sticking around.  People act like once brady leaves the Pats will be doormats.  The level of bradys play at this point, they very well could be better once he leaves.

At this point its not about when brady leaves, its about when bellichek leaves.

Again...how does this relate to people speculating constantly about what brady will do?

6 hours ago, CTM said:

Cant happen. Brady is already past the age where his peers fell off a cliff. Favre stunk and retired at 41. Manning 39. Brady will be 43 entering this season.

What Belicheck does can shed some light, but it's too late for Brady 

Finishing your career in conference  championships and SBs  isn't stinking. 

Favre tore up the league his last year.