Calvin Johnson to the Jets?

Rhg1084

7 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Isn't Julian Edelman 34?

Let’s play a game, my friend.

Do you follow any other sport besides football? Use any that you do, and try to give me the names of 5 guys who took 4-5 years off after reaching 30 years old, then came back and played anywhere near the way they did before.

He has taken 3 years off, not 4.  I have no doubt that Calvin Johnson could still be an effective WR in the NFL if he wanted to.  OTOH, I don't think he wants to and the Jets are about the worst landing spot for him.  What purpose would it serve to pay him?  He isn't putting this team over the top.  Might as well start speculating on Justin Blackmon. 

Mike Williams was only 26, but he had a pretty nice season for the Seahawks after 3 years off. Of course, he had Jeremy Bates scheming plays for him, so there is no comparison!

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

He has taken 3 years off, not 4.  I have no doubt that Calvin Johnson could still be an effective WR in the NFL if he wanted to.  OTOH, I don't think he wants to and the Jets are about the worst landing spot for him.  What purpose would it serve to pay him?  He isn't putting this team over the top.  Might as well start speculating on Justin Blackmon. 

Mike Williams was only 26, but he had a pretty nice season for the Seahawks after 3 years off. Of course, he had Jeremy Bates scheming plays for him, so there is no comparison!

Calvin Johnson is probably still in playing shape he was great at conditioning during his career I think his mother is a dr for Pete’s sake the guy is a worker

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Hey @T0mShane Emmanuel Hall is on the street.  He is dinged up and the Bears let him go.  He was probably my #1 UDFA target, but it does seem he might duplicate Robby Anderson a bit. 

Nothing against Hall, but there were some better WRs who tumbled out of the draft we should be watching for; like Anthony Johnson, Keelan Doss and Jazz Ferguson tho I don’t how realistic it is that the latter two get released.  

You’re right tho as of today Hall is FA and we’d be dumb not to bring him in 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Nothing against Hall, but there were some better WRs who tumbled out of the draft we should be watching for; like Anthony Johnson, Keelan Doss and Jazz Ferguson tho I don’t how realistic it is that the latter two get released.  

You’re right tho as of today Hall is FA and we’d be dumb not to bring him in 

He has a hamstring issue though, which is why the Bears dumped him. I am sure he will get snapped up once he is healthy.

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

Megatron was more like C3PO his last few years in Detroit.  No thank you. 

What?!?  I get that this piece is some demented clickbait rambling from a guy that has zero reason to even speculate, but the reasons this won't work have nothing to do with Megatron's production in Detroit.  His most recent years were as follows: 

16 games 88 for 1,214 with 9 TDs @59%

13 games 71 for 1,077 with 8 TDs @56%

14 games 84 for 1,492 with 12 TDs @54%

I assume that you don't count four or five as a few because the two years before that were:

122 for 1,964 and 5 TDs and 96 for 1,681 and 16 TDs.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

He has a hamstring issue though, which is why the Bears dumped him. I am sure he will get snapped up once he is healthy.

Indeed, and imo, areas of his game are underdeveloped... R. Anderson is actually a pretty decent comp. 

Regardless, bring him and put on the PS for the rest of the summer. He can work his way up this fall. I guarantee we don't have better options buried down there. 

4 hours ago, shuler82 said:

Ehhhh.. that’s the definition of speculate. He bent over and pulled that entire blog post out of his arse. 

Ugh, saying the Jets should sign him out of retirement isnt speculating.  

Its especially not speculating when the heading is Calvin Johnson to the Jets

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

What?!?  I get that this piece is some demented clickbait rambling from a guy that has zero reason to even speculate, but the reasons this won't work have nothing to do with Megatron's production in Detroit.  His most recent years were as follows: 

16 games 88 for 1,214 with 9 TDs @59%

13 games 71 for 1,077 with 8 TDs @56%

14 games 84 for 1,492 with 12 TDs @54%

I assume that you don't count four or five as a few because the two years before that were:

122 for 1,964 and 5 TDs and 96 for 1,681 and 16 TDs.

Megatron was still a top 3 wr.  He retired because he wanted to be traded to a contender the lions said no

1 minute ago, bealeb319 said:

Why don't we reach out and see if Jerry rice wants to come play for us too?

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

Well yeah let’s compare a guy who retired 15 years ago due to hitting the wall and is now in his 50’s to a guy who retired a couple years ago due to his team refusing to trade him and was still an elite wr