We are an OFFENSIVE minded team

JohnnyLV

It seems many many people are stuck with the old ways of thinking about our team, but the reality is that basically nothing in our history applies now.

We are a COMPLETELY offensive minded team.

It is a complete paradigm shift. 

The days of continuous first round picks on defense are over.

The days of run, run, pass are over.

OL is now valued MORE than DL

Playmakers are valued over corners.

It is a completely new world. Douglas WILL try to address CB but he's not going to be trading draft resources for defense, or likely signing many big ticket defensive players.

Everything people think they know about this team based on past history is wrong.

Here's the thing: It will take the media and especially NFL Teams and coaches quite a while to realize this. I can guarantee we will get an extra victory or two early  simply because no one will know our tendencies or how to game plan for us.

It is brave new world and the Jets are finally in synch with the modern NFL.

Rant over.

1 minute ago, johnnysd said:

CBs don’t make plays? 

In this league, you’ve got to pass and stop the pass. You wanna stop the pass, you need NFL grade CBs. 

Don't get me wrong, I’m all on board with offense first for a change. I’ve advocated that forever. But you need quality CBs in this NFL, guys who can defend a pass and do it cleanly - even in replay. 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

It seems many many people are stuck with the old ways of thinking about our team, but the reality is that basically nothing in our history applies now.

It is a completely new world. Douglas WILL try to address CB but he's not going to be trading draft resources for defense, or likely signing many big ticket defensive players.

Everything people think they know about this team based on past history is wrong.

Here's the thing: It will take the media and especially NFL Teams and coaches quite a while to realize this. I can guarantee we will get an extra victory or two early  simply because no one will know our tendencies or how to game plan for us.

Rant over.

this is basically .... who cares about DBs thread v 2.0

hey, am down with AirGase

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, slats said:

CBs don’t make plays? 

In this league, you’ve got to pass and stop the pass. You wanna stop the pass, you need NFL grade CBs. 

Don't get me wrong, I’m all on board with offense first for a change. I’ve advocated that forever. But you need quality CBs in this NFL, guys who can defend a pass and do it cleanly - even in replay. 

What we could be looking at if our O does become what we hope, is likely many shootouts since our D will also give up big plays on the backend with our CB issues. Hopefully the front 7 on D compensates for that with major run stuffing support and creative pass rushing via DC Williams using the Williams brothers, Anderson, Jenkins, Polite, Luvu, etc. in various scenarios to disrupt the other teams O/QB. 

7 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Correct.  There will be no trades for ramsey or clowney, no resiging super JAGs like Leonard Williams.  

We need oline and playmakers on offense.  Williams will have to coach up the D for the next few years.

I see this post as hypocritical.  If they aren't "resigning super JAGs like Leonard Williams", they damn well better be trying to trade them. 

they may be stressing offense but that just means the higher picks will go for offensive players as opposed to defensive.  but even here, idzik and mac basically only swapped the first two picks so that the first pick went defense and the second pick went to the offense.  given the current bad corner situation i find it hard to believe they wouldn't use their first pick on a corner if there's a good one available. imo the offense can use this next draft for oline help, not skill player.

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

Rant over.

This is all complete opinion nonsense. You have ZERO to back up your claim. Although the offense should be improved this season, the defense is still the best unit on the team. I'll believe your claims when I see it.