nycdan

Minkah's mommy going off

It's a slow day so here's something fun.  An actual NFL player's mom jumping in to do battle with the big, bad beat reporter who said something bad about her son.  Maybe she saw a void left behind by Miko Grimes?  To me, MInkah's response was bad optics.  Seems like he's not exactly taking a 'team-first' approach and possibly calling out the coaching staff.  Remember those days when it seemed like all the crazy stuff in the league seemed to be exclusive to the Jets?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001041365/article/minkahs-mom-objects-to-son-playing-out-of-position

Minkah Fitzpatrick is playing out of position in Miami, or at least so says Minkah Fitzpatrick's mom.

In response to a beat reporter's comment that the second-year defensive back was not playing well Wednesday, Fitzpatrick's mother, Melissa, responded saying he is "being used to suit other people['s] skill set not his own" in Brian Flores' defense.

lkVdjNPI_normal.jpg

I don’t want to be the bearer of bad news, but Minkah Fitzpatrick isn’t playing well.

No you would never want to do that maybe it’s because he is not a ss and is being used to suit other people skill set not his own . But you know let’s just keep ripping him because we know it breaks your heart to do that

The hybrid safety addressed his mother's comments after practice.

"She's not wrong," Fitzpatrick said, per a team transcript. "Coach has asked me do something right now. I got to do what they ask me to do. If we have to have some discussions in the future, we'll have those discussions."

Hit with injuries with starting safeties Reshad Jones (foot) and T.J. McDonald, Miami has lined Fitzpatrick up at strong safety, where the 207-pound defensive back has not thrived, per The Miami Herald's Adam Beasley. Fitzpatrick intercepted Buccaneers quarterback Jameis Winston in Wednesday's joint practice, but also gave up two touchdown passes, per Beasley.

• Haha 2

He is bigger than Jamal who theoretically plays SS.  And more athletic than Jamal.  Jamal loves the game.  I don’t get how a FS converted to SS gives up td passes.  FS cover. 

If your a hybrid Safety/Corner, Your neither. Jack of all trades Master of none.

Dolphin busts makes me smile 😃

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Well, it begins when the WR catches the ball, then runs past the other guy, all the way to the goalies net. Then fireworks shoot out of the moon, and joewilly googles “shirtless fireman boner pants”.

Think the order is a little off and possibly the number of times each happen, but all and all a reasonable account.

I remember when I told everyone that Minkah wasnt very good when he was coming out and the Bama boys around here acted like I called Bear Bryant a phony who wore a stupid hat.

10 hours ago, varjet said:

He is bigger than Jamal who theoretically plays SS.  And more athletic than Jamal.  Jamal loves the game.  I don’t get how a FS converted to SS gives up td passes.  FS cover. 

Not all pass coverage is the same. I know it's difficult to recognize that fact.

As strange as it sounds, single high deep center field is different than M2M on a slot receiver. 

That's why it's impossible to grade coverage skills without watching all the film. 

Sounds a like she just may be echoing things she's heard her son whine about at home.  Conversely we have Jamal Adams saying he'd happily play corner if the team needed him to.  I also remember Quinnen Williams saying he'd return punts if the coaching staff asked him to. 

Those are the guys you want.  Minkah is a loser and the phins are the perfect team for him . 

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, nycdan said:

It's a slow day so here's something fun.  An actual NFL player's mom jumping in to do battle with the big, bad beat reporter who said something bad about her son.  Maybe she saw a void left behind by Miko Grimes?  To me, MInkah's response was bad optics.  Seems like he's not exactly taking a 'team-first' approach and possibly calling out the coaching staff.  Remember those days when it seemed like all the crazy stuff in the league seemed to be exclusive to the Jets?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001041365/article/minkahs-mom-objects-to-son-playing-out-of-position

Lotta Bama DB's are jags or worse...    10 duds for every 1 Eddie Jackson

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

Lotta Bama DB's are jags or worse...    10 duds for every 1 Eddie Jackson

Where was this when our front office was drafting Dee Milliner? :(

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Where was this when our front office was drafting Dee Milliner? :(

I hadnt migrated to Jetnation at that time, but I have, for a solid 5-6 years saying that the D players drafted from Bama, especially DBs, are often jags... or worse...    that it is the COLLECTIVE of being at Bama that erroneously elevates their predicted draft value...

shrug. sorry.

6 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Well, it begins when the WR catches the ball, then runs past the other guy, all the way to the goalies net. Then fireworks shoot out of the moon, and joewilly googles “shirtless fireman boner pants”.

Um, what?

14 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

bunga can prolly vouch for me

Yes - I can. Los had that one nailed a long time back. Made me look around at the stats and the players and realize he was onto something. Kind of like all of Belicheat's coaches going off to other jobs and failing miserably. Sometimes the system's results are greater than the sum of its parts.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

If your a hybrid Safety/Corner, Your neither. Jack of all trades Master of none.

Dolphin busts makes me smile 😃

he is a better corner with out dbs I would welcome him here

Not for nothing my mother threw a couple fits during some of my Pop Warner football games. Just a momma thing. 

8 hours ago, Bungaman said:

Yes - I can. Los had that one nailed a long time back. Made me look around at the stats and the players and realize he was onto something. Kind of like all of Belicheat's coaches going off to other jobs and failing miserably. Sometimes the system's results are greater than the sum of its parts.

I only just now realized your name was Bungaman.  I've always read it as BUNGMAN.  What does it all mean man?  :o 

1 minute ago, GREENBEAN said:

I only just now realized your name was Bungaman.  I've always read it as BUNGMAN.  What does it all mean man?  :o 

Long time ago we have a pizzeria in town there was this really short Italian guy with hulk like muscles some kid named him UngaBungaman true story.