when do we find out everyone who is out tonight?

k-met57

3 hours ago, k-met57 said:

if they are missing most of the starting OL i hope they sit Sam.

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Two will be missing from the OL

Sam starts.  If hes getting harrassed and beat up on his first drive its his only drive.  If hes protected he should be in for the first quarter

Wow, this guy has played with a piss poor line all last year and succeeded at the end of the season, yet everyone wants to treat him with kid gloves... This kid is tough and played LB. Just let the kid play and stop worrying, He needs reps more then being treated with kid gloves

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

3 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Wow, this guy has played with a piss poor line all last year and succeeded at the end of the season, yet everyone wants to treat him with kid gloves... This kid is tough and played LB. Just let the kid play and stop worrying, He needs reps more then being treated with kid gloves

If hes getting beat up in a meaningless preseason game he should and will be taken out.  Its a glorified practice no need to risk your FQB

8 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I don't doubt his toughness, but I would rather sit him in a preseason game to avoid some kind of freak injury if our line is not at full strength than have him go for moral victories in a pre-season game that has no bearing on the regular season.

Worked out well for Sanchez that year throwing him behind a makeshift line, right?

2 minutes ago, chrisfaceoff said:

I don't doubt his toughness, but I would rather sit him in a preseason game to avoid some kind of freak injury if our line is not at full strength than have him go for moral victories in a pre-season game that has no bearing on the regular season.

Worked out well for Sanchez that year throwing him behind a makeshift line, right?

3 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

Mark Sanchez anyone?  yeah as much as I want to see Sam play, not worth it if these guys can't keep his uni clean...

Mark Sanchez played behind a 3rd string team, not just bad OL when he got hurt. The RB whiffed.

11 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Who would be filling in at the Guard spots? Obviously Harrison would be playing Center with Beachum and Shell. 

Either way I  would say just one series for Darnold. Gase isn't stupid, he's not gonna put him in harms way. Hell, he'd probably even talk to Quinn and be like don't blitz us.

I would assume Compton or Lewis, no?  

Either way, it's not like Sam is going to be playing behind camp bodies.  Anyone filling in has significant starting experience the coaching staff should have confidence in the depth to keep Sam upright.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, JiF said:

I would assume Compton or Lewis, no?  

Either way, it's not like Sam is going to be playing behind camp bodies.  Anyone filling in has significant starting experience the coaching staff should have confidence in the depth to keep Sam upright.

its nice to have a little depth for once instead of having absolute nobodies.

50 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

The problem with this theory is that they really don't practice that much anymore.  

True.

But it doesn't change the fact that if the OL is allowing the QB to get beat up you're better off with a QB who missed an opportunity to grab a few extra snaps vs a QB who misses a few games or worse.

58 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

The problem with this theory is that they really don't practice that much anymore.  

Exactly this... Preseason games are important because they aren't allowed to practice that much anymore. Hopefully they change the rules so that they can practice more but that is probably not going to happen.

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

True.

But it doesn't change the fact that if the OL is allowing the QB to get beat up you're better off with a QB who missed an opportunity to grab a few extra snaps vs a QB who misses a few games or worse.

Darnold is very good at escaping pressure.  Stop worrying about injury, the starters need reps.

Just now, The Voice of Reason said:

Darnold is very good at escaping pressure.  Stop worrying about injury, the starters need reps.

Stick to the point

I said if he's getting beat up he'll come out.

That he's good at avoiding hits when he has his complete OL in place isn't the same as if he's getting beat up. 

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Stick to the point

I said if he's getting beat up he'll come out.

That he's good at avoiding hits when he has his complete OL in place isn't the same as if he's getting beat up. 

I was sticking to the point... 2 back-up OL is not going to damage Darnold for 1 quarter... get real. It is not putting out 3rd string team like with Mark Sanchez. And Darnold is better at avoiding contact then Sanchez ever was... It was all on point.

52 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I was sticking to the point... 2 back-up OL is not going to damage Darnold for 1 quarter... get real. It is not putting out 3rd string team like with Mark Sanchez. And Darnold is better at avoiding contact then Sanchez ever was... It was all on point.

Can you not read?  I don't give a shlt who's out.  I clearly said, more than once, if he's getting beat up he gets the rest of the night off.  if he's getting hit.  IF

You keep ignoring the point and talking about who's in and out. 

• Thumb Down 1

4 hours ago, chrisfaceoff said:

Mention Sam and that turd in the same sentence again...

18 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Can you not read?  I don't give a shlt who's out.  I clearly said, more than once, if he's getting beat up he gets the rest of the night off.  if he's getting hit.  IF

You keep ignoring the point and talking about who's in and out. 

What-If-open.jpg

You obviously didn't read who I was responding to... There was 2 parts to this.... You should read.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

What-If-open.jpg

You obviously didn't read who I was responding to... There was 2 parts to this.... You should read.

You clearly responded to my post, quoted it. 

What if....you could read what YOU wrote?

• Upvote 1