Did Chris Herdon appeal his suspension?

edscuba

7 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Honestly it should be 4.  I’m a big Herndon fan and hate the fact that he will be out since he has great chemistry with Sam but gotta send a message 

Understandable, but make things equal between teams when you do anything dangerous to another person. If this were a NE TE it would be 1-2 games suspension and we all know that. Gronk when he dove on the back and neck of the opponent on the field even though he obviously was not drinking at the time could have crippled the guy. Did he even get suspended?. If he did it was like 1 game and should have been 4 or longer. But, the league has done everything to hand NE their 6 SBs including slapping them on the wrist every time they have been caught cheating all through the years of everyone of those title runs.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Gronk when he dove on the back and neck of the opponent on the field even though he obviously was not drinking at the time could have crippled the guy. Did he even get suspended?.

He couldn't cripple anyone with that hit. 

And yes he was suspended.  

8 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I don't support any suspension whatsoever for personal use of recreational drugs or alcohol.

I do support, to the maximum possible, discipline and suspensions for drunk or drugged up drivers who put other peoples lives at risk.

He did the crime, he can do the time.  Next time don't be a dumbass life-threatening drunk driver.

I agree with this. As much as I want Herndon on the field its actually much more important that guys learn not to drive around drunk or high. 

Let's see if they knock it down a game or two, but I would not hold my breath and that's fine.  Sure it sucks for the Jets as a fan, but drunk driving is one of the worst things you can do. 

• Upvote 1

The "aggravating circumstance", bumping the penalty from 2 to 4 games, was an injury. Funny... the police report said no injuries, I believe.The injury popped up days after it became known to the victims that the DUI was an NFL player. The "aggravating circumstance" is dubious at best.  I hope the NFL decision makers can see this.

• Thumb Down 1

44 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

I agree with this. As much as I want Herndon on the field its actually much more important that guys learn not to drive around drunk or high. 

Let's see if they knock it down a game or two, but I would not hold my breath and that's fine.  Sure it sucks for the Jets as a fan, but drunk driving is one of the worst things you can do. 

I'm hoping they reduce it to 2 games. I highly doubt the amount of games he's suspended for will affect his ability to learn that drinking & driving are a poor combo. 

I am more on board with community service, training, classes, fines, suspended drivers license etc than with a football suspension. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, joewilly said:

I'm hoping they reduce it to 2 games. I highly doubt the amount of games he's suspended for will affect his ability to learn that drinking & driving are a poor combo. 

I am more on board with community service, training, classes, fines, suspended drivers license etc than with a football suspension. 

Exactly. I am not a fan of the NFL getting involved in punishing people for crimes. It's random, non judicial process. If he was convicted of a crime and sent to jail for 2 years, fine. If he got a slap on the wrist, fine. The NFL still suspends people for using marijuana but has no problem with a player taking pain killers and alcohol to mask their pain. 

18 minutes ago, bitonti said:

besides the injury there was the circumstance of Herndon's failed sobriety test being leaked to TMZ and currently available on YouTube for millions of views  

the league doesn't care what you do as long as there's no tape of it.

The Patriots Way 

So true. But is it a legit "aggravating circumstance" ?  Nope. So they will use the pretense of the alleged injury to justify the 3rd and 4th week suspensions.

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

So true. But is it a legit "aggravating circumstance" ?  Nope. So they will use the pretense of the alleged injury to justify the 3rd and 4th week suspensions.

what does "legit" even mean?

the NFL is not the government or the military, despite their stars and stripes logo and language making it seem official

they are a private entertainment organization that shares all their revenues and colludes so badly, violates so many normal labor statues, they need an anti trust exception directly from Congress to operate. 

there is no "legit" justice. they can do whatever they want whenever they want and that's Legit. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Understandable, but make things equal between teams when you do anything dangerous to another person. If this were a NE TE it would be 1-2 games suspension and we all know that. Gronk when he dove on the back and neck of the opponent on the field even though he obviously was not drinking at the time could have crippled the guy. Did he even get suspended?. If he did it was like 1 game and should have been 4 or longer. But, the league has done everything to hand NE their 6 SBs including slapping them on the wrist every time they have been caught cheating all through the years of everyone of those title runs.

He smashed into another car going 100mph. He should actually be in prison. Take the 4 games like a man Chris and get sober. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Jets723 said:

Honestly it should be 4.  I’m a big Herndon fan and hate the fact that he will be out since he has great chemistry with Sam but gotta send a message 

Yep.  This will be the last DUI in NFL history.  They have learned their lesson

• Thumb Down 1