CanadienJetsFan

jets-falcons preseason-game-thread/

3 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Man, Polite looks the opposite of explosive. Whatever the opposite of explosive is.

Crusher after 3rd dinner.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, JiF said:

Is anyone paying any attention to other teams; news flash, everyone playing in these games for an extended period of time are either rookies or dudes that suck.   No team has impressive 2nd and 3rd team players, none, zero, zilch, nada. 

Makes me long for the days of Ratliff to Clowney.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Bleedin Green said:

Actually, I'm pretty sure that's exactly when Crush gets some, um... explosiveness.

tenor.gif?itemid=12459909

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Have the Jets drafted a starting running back since Adrian Murrell? That's a serious question.

They had a 1st round grade on Shonn Greene.  Does that count?

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, genot said:

Before those red flags popped up. Many had a 1st rd grade on him. Correct. He fattened himself up too quickly, got hurt, and made a fool out of himself. Don't disregard everything else to justify your case. There were red flags with alot of players entering the draft. Mahomes could have been a gun-slinging interception machine, and some people wouldn't have been shocked. My point is, it's too early to judge any of these players. How many Jets have there been, that looked great in camp, and the pre-season, but did nothing when the games counted.

How about looking fat tonight?  Red flag or no for Polite?

Just now, genot said:

He doesn't use his hands well, he only has a couple of pass rush moves. After the 2nd preseason game, playing alot in a 3 point stance, we shouldn't have expected much. He's not going to be an every down player this year. No way. Lets see what shakes out as the season moves along

And...... what about the fatness?  Need to phone a friend on this one?

@The Crusher is standing by.  

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

THAT line was given to EVERY bust in the league.  Polite simply doesn't pass the view test.  We hope you are right but I didnt think he looked like a guy trying to be a top player. Looked like a guy trying to cash a check.

Joke's on him then.  He's "only" making $776K this season.  If he finds himself out of the league soon that's not enough money (after taxes) to live on after football.  

2 hours ago, genot said:

I have no idea if i'm right, Southpark. Judgement i think after two practice games is silly. i mean, it's what we do on sports forums. it's still silly.

So let's not discuss him until Year 2 then?  What do you want?  We only have camp and 2 preseason games to go on, so that's what we're discussing.  

The worry on Polite was his metrics sucked.  The optimism on Polite was he looked good on tape.  So if he doesn't start looking good in games soon, that's a problem.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

after last night the worry is that he's not giving full effort.  

If he's not giving full effort now when he's a 2nd stringer, when will he?  

It's hard to get into the NFL.  Even harder to stay in it.  Not trying will not fly with Gregg Williams.  And this regime didn't draft him.  

Just now, genot said:

I agree. They game plan more in the 3rd game. let's see how he's used. Right now he's a p.s guy. don't think he'll be cut. I'm not bitchen about anyone's post about him. Just think everyone should be a little more patient.

In order to put him on the PS, he'd have to be cut first...

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company