jets-falcons preseason-game-thread/

19 minutes ago, TJ said:

Didn't see Valentine

Is it me or did Valentine look like he had some natural ability? He looks like he just plucks the ball out of the air & turns effortlessly into a runner. I mean those Rugby guys do a helluva lot more running without breaks than Pro football players do so he could be an awesome 2nd half weapon closing games out with 3 & 4 yard swing passes. 

Of course I'm always hoping an out of blue player that makes it. But, the Woodheads & Chrebets are pretty rare, but every season UDFAs stick. Dortch looks like a player & think Deontay Burnett is scratching the surface & has a real chance BECAUSE Darnold will be so good. It's wild that Burnett is younger than Sam. These role players are what the Pats have done for years & now that we'll FINALLY have an offensive system & most importantly a long term QB, guys that know their roles are invaluable while you start drafting top flight talent. 

16 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Is it me or did Valentine look like he had some natural ability? He looks like he just plucks the ball out of the air & turns effortlessly into a runner. I mean those Rugby guys do a helluva lot more running without breaks than Pro football players do so he could be an awesome 2nd half weapon closing games out with 3 & 4 yard swing passes. 

Of course I'm always hoping an out of blue player that makes it. But, the Woodheads & Chrebets are pretty rare, but every season UDFAs stick. Dortch looks like a player & think Deontay Burnett is scratching the surface & has a real chance BECAUSE Darnold will be so good. It's wild that Burnett is younger than Sam. These role players are what the Pats have done for years & now that we'll FINALLY have an offensive system & most importantly a long term QB, guys that know their roles are invaluable while you start drafting top flight talent. 

I see a natural runner as well. The one thing I noticed though is that he runs straight up and if you remember one of the hits he took last week, it was definitely the result of that and possibly knocked the wind out of him. So I'd like to see him maybe get a little lower near contact but that's not something he is probably used to yet. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

What jerseys will we be wearing tonight?

not confirmed but we are on the road, so I'm guessing white.  and knowing the Jets, they will want to show off the new unis.  so probably green pants tonight since they did the all white last week.

then we are home the next two.  guessing they follow suit and we have green jerseys/white pants for one game and all green for the other.  hopefully they save the "unveiling" of the stealth black for the Browns on Monday night!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Larz said:

Le’veon tonight?

I certainly hope not.   No reason to put him at risk at a position of high and awkward impact collisions in a meaningless game.

After his first couple of touches vs. Buffalo, his adrenaline will be cranking.

And he'll be Le'Veon effing Bell...

4 hours ago, Larz said:

Le’veon tonight?

Damn, man, let the dude have a little time off from football to rest and heal up.

1 hour ago, BettyBoop said:

I'm looking forward to the announcers actually mentioning Jets players!  Last weeks game was brutal!

Jets don't have players. They only have dogs now.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BettyBoop said:

I'm looking forward to the announcers actually mentioning Jets players!  Last weeks game was brutal!

Since I loive out of market, I will have whatever feed the NFL chooses for the GamePass stream.  I am expecting that it will be the home teams and I will have to sync the Jets radio broadcast to the video stream. 

Just like I did last week.

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

It's not just you.  He is a natural.  Very smooth.  Hope it works out for him in the NFL. 

Check out the Jets live pregame show, they're on the field, wearing white pants and green socks, so either Spotlight White again or the debut of Gotham Green's.
SAR I

Spotlight white. Jets website has photos of lockers with white jerseys. Shocked they’re not going with the green pants this week. Jets and their “fashion show” and all.
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bla bla bla said:

Haha just to clarify you'd be hanging out watching the game, I can't actually show the broadcast of the game. However if you were trying to figure that out I could help haha

I like watching your vids but why would I want to watch you watching the game but can’t see the game. I think I’ll pass this time and watch game myself. You should have one after the game to give your thoughts

• Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

index.png

New York Jets 2019 AFC East Division Champions.

SAR I

Not going out on a limb. Worst division in football and  only winning team can only be trending downwards, after 20 years of dominance. Like when we used to say in HS, it's about phuck me time.

• Upvote 1