jets-falcons preseason-game-thread/

If anyone interested in Matt Simms.  He got a chance to play for Atlanta in the Alliance and basically split the starting job with Aaron Murray. Here are his stats I think for all games. Matt was 79-132 for 842 yards 2 TDS and 7 picks and sacked 14 times. Murray was 103-159 for 1048, 3 TDS and 7 picks sacked 9 times. Matt is still only 30. I thought he was older. He left the Jets after the 2014 season. He was with the Bills in 2015, the Falcons 2015-2017. His NFL stats and he has them: 19-39 for 101 yards, 1 Td and 1 pick. 

15 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think he’s probably talented at 225-230 pounds, but is too lazy to get up to 245-250 in a way that allows him to be effective. 

The problem with that theory is that there has never been a modern day 3-4 OLB that has succeeded in the NFL at that weight. If only there was a way too predict that.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, GreenFish said:

Jenkins 25, Copeland 28, Basham 25, Luvu 22 are all better than Polite and they are not old. There's a chance Polite gets cut. Best case is he finds himself on the PUP list. 

I'm pretty sure all rookies that get sent to IR have too pass through waivers. It's an unwritten rule not too claim them but it's happened in the past. I think Beli broke the rule. 

Just now, RobR said:

The problem with that theory is that there has never been a modern day 3-4 OLB that has succeeded in the NFL at that weight. If only there was a way too predict that.

I think, if they had a roster spot for it, a team could have a designated pass rusher who’s a little undersized like that, assuming the guy is a big-time special teams player. Sort of like we used Chad Cascadden. Polite doesn’t seem to have the scrappy special teams attitude, though.

1 minute ago, RobR said:

I'm pretty sure all rookies that get sent to IR have too pass through waivers. It's an unwritten rule not too claim them but it's happened in the past. I think Beli broke the rule. 

Belichick stole that big stiff TE from the Giants and Coughlin was pissed