jets-falcons preseason-game-thread/

7 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Wait. He’s making the team but the issue is he really thinks he’s got a roster spot locked up?? Come again. 

Mentally this guy thinks he has a guarantee. That's not good. He is no superstar; a guy like Bellamy has to know he's competing for a roster spot every week. Hey, I can go off and make believe I'm part of Wu Tang, football is secondary. Now under a go along get along throw the balls out there and golly we'll get'em next week guy like Todd Bowles, may be that flies. Under a borderline nonsleeping sociopath like Gase, might not be a lock at all. 

12 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Bellamy is making the team.But that halftime feature of him rapping was a huge red flag. Not because it's rap, but because this is not his priority. Rap is not my favorite genre, but the issue is really he thinks he's got an NFL roster spot locked up. For how long, we'll see. Makes Robby Anderson look like Regular Lunchpail Joe. 

2BE28820-AF21-4935-AC24-632460614B35.gif.2fc52efd08c0caeaf0b0d5b105c66dff.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

At least there FG kicker made a FG. 

Actually, he missed two FG's.   In fact, there were missed FG's throughout the games tonight.  It is pre-season, and our new kicker has been with us for 3 days, without an off-season.   Takes time to establish timing and sync with holder and long snapper.  Leg looked strong, I thought he looked fine on the makes, and the misses were technical.

The ATL broadcast were calling for the team to call Matt Bryant.

Just now, JetsRay said:

Actually, he missed two FG's.   In fact, there were missed FG's throughout the games tonight.  It is pre-season, and our new kicker has been with us for 3 days, without an off-season.   Takes time to establish timing and sync with holder and long snapper.  Leg looked strong, I thought he looked fine on the makes, and the misses were technical.

The ATL broadcast were calling for the team to call Matt Bryant.

He made 1 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Mentally this guy thinks he has a guarantee. That's not good. He is no superstar; a guy like Bellamy has to know he's competing for a roster spot every week. Hey, I can go off and make believe I'm part of Wu Tang, football is secondary. Now under a go along get along throw the balls out there and golly we'll get'em next week guy like Todd Bowles, may be that flies. Under a borderline nonsleeping sociopath like Gase, might not be a lock at all. 

Lol dude it's patently obvious that if he busted out his country album at halftime, you'd probably let it slide.

18 minutes ago, genot said:

Comparing Polite to Maybin, after two preseason games. A little premature, wouldn't you say.

Not when you have done your research before he was even drafted. He's also a lesser version of Maybin. Sad but true.

Just now, RobR said:

Not when you have done your research before he was even drafted. He's also a lesser version of Maybin. Sad but true.

Stop it. I've seen the same college film you have. there's no way he was going to come in his rookie year, and be more than a situational pass rusher. He's got too much to learn. it's obvious that Williams is throwing that book at him, and he's thinking more than reacting. He could turn out to be a bust. He also could turn out to be the disruptive edge rusher he was at Florida. I'm not going to form any judgement about him until we're at least halfway through the regular season.

7 minutes ago, ElBarrioJets said:

Lol dude it's patently obvious that if he busted out his country album at halftime, you'd probably let it slide.

If he was pretending to be Greg Allman crossed with Tom Petty, no different. Focus is not football. 

3 minutes ago, genot said:

Stop it. I've seen the same college film you have. there's no way he was going to come in his rookie year, and be more than a situational pass rusher. He's got too much to learn. it's obvious that Williams is throwing that book at him, and he's thinking more than reacting. He could turn out to be a bust. He also could turn out to be the disruptive edge rusher he was at Florida. I'm not going to form any judgement about him until we're at least halfway through the regular season.

It’s not the college tape that’s telling. There’s another almost fool proof system by which to judge pass rushers.