jets-falcons preseason-game-thread/

1 minute ago, genot said:

Stop it. I've seen the same college film you have. there's no way he was going to come in his rookie year, and be more than a situational pass rusher. He's got too much to learn. it's obvious that Williams is throwing that book at him, and he's thinking more than reacting. He could turn out to be a bust. He also could turn out to be the disruptive edge rusher he was at Florida. I'm not going to form any judgement about him until we're at least halfway through the regular season.

You should just say you're not going to form any judgement on him until he gets cut. Then you'll call him a bust and be glad that he's gone......it's what the sunshiners do.  Every metric points to Polite being a failure. Then we see it in depth charts, and his utter uselessness when he does play against third stringers.

I'd love for him to work out as even a situational pass rusher for us.....I really would. It's not happening. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

8 minutes ago, RobR said:

You should just say you're not going to form any judgement on him until he gets cut. Then you'll call him a bust and be glad that he's gone......it's what the sunshiners do.  Every metric points to Polite being a failure. Then we see it in depth charts, and his utter uselessness when he does play against third stringers.

I'd love for him to work out as even a situational pass rusher for us.....I really would. It's not happening. 

Wouldn't those metric points have been available to every GM in the league. If your right, then how the hell did he have such a high grade, including a 1st rd grade, before he took a dump at the combine

11 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

After game 2, the 53 man roster is:

Darnold, Simien

Bell, Montgomery, Powell, Cannon

Griffin, Brown, Wesco (Herndon)

Anderson, Enunwa, Crowder, Bellamy, Dortch, Burnett

Beachum, Osemele, Kalil, Winters, Shell, Edoga, Compton, Harrison, Lewis

L Williams, McClendon, Anderson, Q Williams, Kaufusi, (Sheppard or Fatukasi)

Jordan, Copeland, Luvu, Basham, Polite

Mosely, Williamson, Hewitt, Cashman 

Johnson, Poole, Roberts, K Brown, Nickerson, ( Campbell or Maulet)

Adams, Mwaye, Miles, Middleton

Edwards

Hennessey

Some Placekicker not on the roster

One other player 

That looks very likely unless there is a trade

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, genot said:

Wouldn't those metric points have been available to every GM in the league. If your right, then how the hell did he have such a high grade, including a 1st rd grade, before he took a dump at the combine

mike-maccagnan-1.jpg?quality=90&strip=al

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, RobR said:

mike-maccagnan-1.jpg?quality=90&strip=al

That's a cop out post to get what you know would be a positive reaction from some posters. According to you, it was obvious Polite would be a bust. Does that mean if the jets didn't draft him, nobody else would have. Again, I'm not saying your wrong. You could be right. You also could be wrong. there's no way for you or i to be sure of that at this point. No way.

• WTF? 1

4 minutes ago, genot said:

That's a cop out post to get what you know would be a positive reaction from some posters. According to you, it was obvious Polite would be a bust. Does that mean if the jets didn't draft him, nobody else would have. Again, I'm not saying your wrong. You could be right. You also could be wrong. there's no way for you or i to be sure of that at this point. No way.

Is Hackenburg still a good prospect that just needs another year or so of red shirting?

Is Darron Lee still a quality play making LB?

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, genot said:

Everyone has access to these metric points. You, me, and even Mac before he was drafted. He even replicated them twice with his combine and pro day. Then you could factor in his playing weight and his inability to answer simple questions at the biggest interview of his life.  Do you want some more red flags?

I mean what could possibly go wrong?

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Is Hackenburg still a good prospect that just needs another year or so of red shirting?

Is Darron Lee still a quality play making LB?

Your kidding, aren't you???Your comparing Polite to Hackenburg. POLITE HAS PLAYED TWO EXHIBITION GAMES. TWO EXHIBITION GAMES. TWO EXHIBITION GAMES

6 minutes ago, RobR said:

Everyone has access to these metric points. You, me, and even Mac before he was drafted. He even replicated them twice with his combine and pro day. Then you could factor in his playing weight and his inability to answer simple questions at the biggest interview of his life.  Do you want some more red flags?

I mean what could possibly go wrong?

Before those red flags popped up. Many had a 1st rd grade on him. Correct. He fattened himself up too quickly, got hurt, and made a fool out of himself. Don't disregard everything else to justify your case. There were red flags with alot of players entering the draft. Mahomes could have been a gun-slinging interception machine, and some people wouldn't have been shocked. My point is, it's too early to judge any of these players. How many Jets have there been, that looked great in camp, and the pre-season, but did nothing when the games counted.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, genot said:

Before those red flags popped up. Many had a 1st rd grade on him. Correct. He fattened himself up too quickly, got hurt, and made a fool out of himself. Don't disregard everything else to justify your case. There were red flags with alot of players entering the draft. Mahomes could have been a gun-slinging interception machine, and some people wouldn't have been shocked. My point is, it's too early to judge any of these players. How many Jets have there been, that looked great in camp, and the pre-season, but did nothing when the games counted.

How about looking fat tonight?  Red flag or no for Polite?

19 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

How about looking fat tonight?  Red flag or no for Polite?

He doesn't use his hands well, he only has a couple of pass rush moves. After the 2nd preseason game, playing alot in a 3 point stance, we shouldn't have expected much. He's not going to be an every down player this year. No way. Lets see what shakes out as the season moves along

Just now, genot said:

He doesn't use his hands well, he only has a couple of pass rush moves. After the 2nd preseason game, playing alot in a 3 point stance, we shouldn't have expected much. He's not going to be an every down player this year. No way. Lets see what shakes out as the season moves along

And...... what about the fatness?  Need to phone a friend on this one?

@The Crusher is standing by.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And...... what about the fatness?  Need to phone a friend on this one?

@The Crusher is standing by.  

I haven't seen him with his clothes off. have you? I have no idea if that is fat, or body shape. I doubt Gregg Williams would tolerate or play a rookie who was too fat too rush the passer. Leggett got cut in ota's because he wasn't in the best of shape.

I for one am rooting for Polite to play exceptionally well for the jets... that being said macc had a Terrible history of drafting poor performers if they weren't drafted with a top 10 pick.... Only time will tell, but again I'm Hoping Polite plays Very Well.

20 minutes ago, jetsons said:

I for one am rooting for Polite to play exceptionally well for the jets... that being said macc had a Terrible history of drafting poor performers if they weren't drafted with a top 10 pick.... Only time will tell, but again I'm Hoping Polite plays Very Well.

That's been my point all along. Anybody labeling him a bust, at this point, is judging way too soon.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, genot said:

That's been my point all along. Anybody labeling him a bust, at this point, is judging way too soon.

THAT line was given to EVERY bust in the league.  Polite simply doesn't pass the view test.  We hope you are right but I didnt think he looked like a guy trying to be a top player. Looked like a guy trying to cash a check.

12 hours ago, Rolloffjet said:

I like watching your vids but why would I want to watch you watching the game but can’t see the game. I think I’ll pass this time and watch game myself. You should have one after the game to give your thoughts

That's what I'll wind up doing during regular season. This is more so for the conversation, not really to watch me watch the game haha

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Like the channel. Lose the hat. You look like a goof... not in a good way.

Yea I used to only wear the hat with the live stream not in the regular videos. The idea is brand recognition haha "have you seen the Jets guy in the goofy pilot hat" rather than just "that Jets guy"

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

THAT line was given to EVERY bust in the league.  Polite simply doesn't pass the view test.  We hope you are right but I didnt think he looked like a guy trying to be a top player. Looked like a guy trying to cash a check.

I have no idea if i'm right, Southpark. Judgement i think after two practice games is silly. i mean, it's what we do on sports forums. it's still silly.

7 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Joke's on him then.  He's "only" making $776K this season.  If he finds himself out of the league soon that's not enough money (after taxes) to live on after football.  

2 hours ago, genot said:

I have no idea if i'm right, Southpark. Judgement i think after two practice games is silly. i mean, it's what we do on sports forums. it's still silly.

So let's not discuss him until Year 2 then?  What do you want?  We only have camp and 2 preseason games to go on, so that's what we're discussing.  

The worry on Polite was his metrics sucked.  The optimism on Polite was he looked good on tape.  So if he doesn't start looking good in games soon, that's a problem.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So let's not discuss him until Year 2 then?  What do you want?  We only have camp and 2 preseason games to go on, so that's what we're discussing.  

The worry on Polite was his metrics sucked.  The optimism on Polite was he looked good on tape.  So if he doesn't start looking good in games soon, that's a problem.  

after last night the worry is that he's not giving full effort.  

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

after last night the worry is that he's not giving full effort.  

If he's not giving full effort now when he's a 2nd stringer, when will he?  

It's hard to get into the NFL.  Even harder to stay in it.  Not trying will not fly with Gregg Williams.  And this regime didn't draft him.  

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I agree. They game plan more in the 3rd game. let's see how he's used. Right now he's a p.s guy. don't think he'll be cut. I'm not bitchen about anyone's post about him. Just think everyone should be a little more patient.

Just now, genot said:

I agree. They game plan more in the 3rd game. let's see how he's used. Right now he's a p.s guy. don't think he'll be cut. I'm not bitchen about anyone's post about him. Just think everyone should be a little more patient.

In order to put him on the PS, he'd have to be cut first...