Jetster

Cool Joe Namath story

I met Joe Namath last summer at an autograph signing show he is a great guy. He is 150% NY Jets through and through he is passionate about the organization and it's fans. Not surprised to hear the story about him in real life being the nice guy he is. Cool story. 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Great story, 

Having met Dan Marino, a real pompous ass, how cool would it be to hang out with Joe. 

• Upvote 2

Namath-600x338.jpg

i Luv my guys ! !    :wub:

• Upvote 2
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Awesome!!!!  Id love to meet joe namath one day.

Tow00c.jpg

..me too   :wub:

5 minutes ago, kelly said:

Tow00c.jpg

..me too   :wub:

Funny Kerwin, bots aren't real!

• Downvote 1

Very cool, I don't know why, but I was waiting for a punch line.  😁

• Haha 1

I remember meeting Joe at Hofstra a few times, he could not have been a nicer, more personable gentleman.

God where have those days gone?

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

I remember meeting Joe at Hofstra a few times, he could not have been a nicer, more personable gentleman.

You know, after hearing that story about him last Saturday Night I got to thinking about the night he got drunk & tried to kiss Suzy Kolber & I got to say, she was so cool the way she handled herself & she could have really made it worse depending on her reaction live, but she knew Joe, and she knew he had too much to drink. I've heard Joe quit drinking after that episode it embarrassed him so much. 

Joes life story is amazing, people really threw stones at him after that Monday Night slip up, but you can't keep Joe Cool down. Everyone knows he's a good man. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2

If Joe spent 18 years in Pennsylvania, 10 years in New York, 40 years in Florida, and only 4 years in Alabama, why does he speak with a southern accent?

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

My Grandmother met him at a restaurant in Florida once a few years ago. To this day she continues to talk about how nice and genuine he was. He made her day.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

If Joe spent 18 years in Pennsylvania, 10 years in New York, 40 years in Florida, and only 4 years in Alabama, why does he speak with a southern accent?

SAR I

It's called the Joe Namath drawl. He adds that bit of he....sa...tation...you....know. 

3 hours ago, TJ said:

Very cool, I don't know why, but I was waiting for a punch line.  😁

I wanted to translate the story the way I heard it, that's why it was a bit long, lol.

• Upvote 1

Great story. 

3 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

In 50 years people will be telling similar stories about Sam.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Awesome!!!!  Id love to meet joe namath one day.

Everyone knows you're the real Namath. I caught that a long time ago.

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Beaver Falls is just outside of Pittsburgh about 75 miles from Morgantown WV. Had a college friend from the same area same accent.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bocajetfan said:

Beaver Falls is just outside of Pittsburgh about 75 miles from Morgantown WV. Had a college friend from the same area same accent.

Thank you.  Makes perfect sense now.

SAR I

• Like 1

5 hours ago, joewilly said:

Great story, 

Having met Dan Marino, a real pompous ass, how cool would it be to hang out with Joe. 

I always knew Dan was an @sshole.

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

He did it to get chicks in college.  It worked so he kept it.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Peace Frog said:

Great story. 

Hopefully Sam tells of his Superbowl wins in NY.

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

I had a boss from Hungary. He spoke just like Joe. I think it's his heritage. 

22 hours ago, peebag said:

Funny Kerwin, bots aren't real!

YOU  actually think i care enough to give YOU a 2nd thought ? ?... THAT's  sooo cute !   😍 

On 8/15/2019 at 5:30 PM, Peace Frog said:

Great story. 

I don’t know, he seems like a nice kid, but he’s about as interesting as dry toast.

Joe has that special way about him. The ladies loved him, and the guys wanted to have a scotch with him.

On 8/15/2019 at 1:01 PM, joewilly said:

Great story, 

On 8/15/2019 at 6:44 PM, TNJet said:

I always knew Dan was an @sshole.

You know, it’s a funny thing with these celebs. A person meets them at the right or wrong time, never sees them again, yet form an opinion of them for the rest of their life. We all do it.

I dated a woman for a few years who lived in Weston(?), Florida before I met her. She owned a salon, and Marino would get his hair cut there. He gave her a gig doing his and his guests hair and makeup for a local show he had down there during football season. She always talked about what a nice guy he was.

Two of my old buddies are in that area now. One golfs with him fairly often, obviously likes him. The other did some work on his house, didn’t like him.

Who knows?

13 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I don’t know, he seems like a nice kid, but he’s about as interesting as dry toast.

Joe has that special way about him. The ladies loved him, and the guys wanted to have a scotch with him.

Joe is my all time favorite Jet. Top 4 all time sports figures.  

He was a drunk and a womanizer and a wreck and took 40 years to straighten himself out.

I think Sam will hold up quite nicely by comparison in the "gentleman" category.

6 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Joe is my all time favorite Jet. Top 4 all time sports figures.  

He was a drunk and a womanizer and a wreck and took 40 years to straighten himself out.

I think Sam will hold up quite nicely by comparison in the "gentleman" category.

My mistake. I didn’t realize you knew Joe that well, and for so many years. Good on you, for sticking with him through all that.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

My mistake. I didn’t realize you knew Joe that well, and for so many years. Good on you, for sticking with him through all that.

I don’t know him from a hole in the wall. 

He’s  given 100s of interviews chronicling how he screwed up his life and what it took to straighten himself out.

He wrote a f*cking book about it  

His womanizing and scotch drinking led him to screwing up his life.

Really dude?   You’re not good at being a faux dick. 

Go give a listen one of these days. 

Maybe read a book. 

18 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

I don’t know him from a hole in the wall. 

He’s  given 100s of interviews chronicling how he screwed up his life and what it took to straighten himself out.

He wrote a f*cking book about it  

His womanizing and scotch drinking led him to screwing up his life.

Really dude?   You’re not good at being a faux dick. 

Go give a listen one of these days. 

Maybe read a book. 

Or maybe you could lighten up. It doesn’t take much to trigger you does it?

Yeah he drank, and chased woman. His life is far from “screwed up”. He played QB in NY, lived the single life in an era that was different then now. People drank. Smoked. He might have over drank when he retired. People do that sometimes. He didn’t f up for 40 years, that’s you making s**t up. Even if he did it half that time he stopped. Good for him. Then he told people about how and why he did it. 

He’s close with his kids, has money, very few enemies, and a lot of friends. He’s actually a legendary figure in this town. Not a bad life, actually.

But you do you. Look to argue over nothing.  Call him “a drunk, a womanizer, and a wreck who took 40 years to straighten out.” Cause you knew him... and what kind of person he was all those years.