Jets Talk Too Much?

JetsLife

Is it me or are the Jets a little mouthy? Especially considering they haven't won anything.

Jamal Adams is definitely a big talker, but at least he backs it up with his game. L Bell ditto.

But chirping can filter in to the team. In a bad way. 

I prefer the 'walk it, don't talk it' way. Just seems mouthy teams don't end up winning it all. 

• Thumb Down 9
  • WTF? 5

2 minutes ago, JetsLife said:

Is it me or are the Jets a little mouthy? Especially considering they haven't won anything.

Jamal Adams is definitely a big talker, but at least he backs it up with his game. L Bell ditto.

I prefer the 'walk it, don't talk it' way. Just seems mouthy teams don't end up winning it all. 

If you “walk it, don’t talk it” then why don’t you go and fight them instead of starting this thread.

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 1

7 minutes ago, JetsLife said:

Going out on a limb here - were you on the chess team in HS?

• Haha 4

what???  is this 2009?  is Rex our HC?  have you discovered time travel?  who is chirping?  Jamal talks, but it is like silly stuff.  he's not proclaiming he will meet the President; he's not writing books saying Jets will be the best football team in NY for the next 10 years, etc.

we've been down this road before....these are the new Jets!

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, nycdan said:

In a league with Antonio Brown, OBJ, Baker Mayfield, Jalen Ramsey and so many others, the Jets aren't even a blip on the radar of players who talk too much.  Kind of nice for a change.

This might be the only time in our history when we’ve had a quiet team.

Call me old fashioned. I like Jamal as a player but i wish he was less of a blabber mouth.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1 hour ago, JetsLife said:

Welcome to the NFL in 2019.

They're all big mouthed, braggadocios, egomaniac, drama queen wanna-be-future-TV-personalities making big productions out of the most routine or minor of plays or events.  Same as everybody else it seems in this day and age.

59 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

The regular season can't start soon enough.

This +eleventy billion

It's you. Definitely. I'm sure of it. You just said in your post what you prefer, so it's you. No charge, you're welcome

• Upvote 1

Funny thread, I was just thinking the other day that this Jets team has MUCH more pure talent then it has had in ages, but is also quieter then most of those crummy teams were. Now the OP says they are chirpy?

Forget Rex the blowhard, all he knows how to do is talk, and Bowles was in a coma 99% of the time.

• Upvote 2

Yeah, it’s you. To be fair season hasn’t started yet.

I need to eventually watch this Jamal guy play football. Seems to be some disparity on this board in regards to his talk verses his play. 

Chirping is basically a gateway drug. 

You must be in great shape then. Keep up the good work. 

20 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

Funny thread, I was just thinking the other day that this Jets team has MUCH more pure talent then it has had in ages, but is also quieter then most of those crummy teams were. Now the OP says they are chirpy?

Forget Rex the blowhard, all he knows how to do is talk, and Bowles was in a coma 99% of the time.

agree 100%.  as a fan, you just hated having to "defend" Rex's mouth.  "Jets will be the best team in NY for the next decade!!!"; giants go on to win SB less than 1 year later.  I mean you can't make this crap up!!

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I always wondered. Why is it that folks who have a problem with players talking always seem to read about or hear it? Maybe their mouths arent the problem, maybe its your eyes and ears. 

Baker the Faker