I thought the Giants Jets broadcast was the worst, but ...

thshadow

if anyone is watching the Falcons feed, it's unbelievable.  It's like an hour long infomercial for Arthur Blanks.  Not even making an attempt to talk about the game AT ALL.  And NOT A SINGLE REPLAY!!!!  Not even on a challenge or a turnover???
Yeah, it was pitiful. Even Arthur Blank apologized for talking during a jets td and the announcers said no,no keep going

Sent from my SM-J701M using Tapatalk

• Upvote 3

Astonishingly bad - there was that weird turnover in the 4th q - fumble/strip? - that they never mentioned (they were too busy giving their check signer a thorough reach-around). WTF happened? And true - not a single camera shot of the Jets sideline, or discussion of anything about the Jets at all. Not even a short courtesy summary for the casual Atlanta fan who might want to know the strengths or weaknesses of the opponent.  They did harp on Greg Williams' schemes on defense - but just to kind of excuse how crappy their bench players were doing.

• Upvote 2

Me like a dumb azz was recording the Atlanta TV feed because I don't get home from work until 7:30. Didn't even dawn on me to check the NY channel to see if the game was on. Luckily I only had to watch the 1st quarter then switched to the NY channel, yeah they were bad, couldn't go 2 weeks of listening to only our opponents commentators talk only about their team.  

21 minutes ago, Randy Rasmussen said:

Out of town announcers prove that NYC has the best talent in the country broadcasting.
Except for the Midgets, their announcers sound like their still in Sheboygan

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

With one exception.  I lived in Mass. in the 80s and had the joy of listening to Johnny Most call Celtic games.  No greater homer ever walked this earth but damn if he wasn't entertaining in his over-the-top homerism.

Agree with most of the previous comments.  The Falcon boradcast last night was almost unwatchable.  There were long stretches weere they did not show any on field action; and when they did it was often on split screen with the announcers and Blanks being featured more promiinently than the game. 

And, to top it off, the Game Pass broadcast was terrible.  Every few seconds, the broadcast would freeze momentarily, sometimes for several seconds.  I flipped to other games on Game Pass which did not have the same freezing issue, so it was not my connection.  Not sure if anyone else had a similar issue.  Between the split screens, freezing and just flat out failing to show game action, This was worse than last weeks Giants broadcast.  At least then I had the option of turning down the sound and could still watch the game. 

At some point I just gave up.  Just put on the Jets radio broadcast and listened to the end of the game.

These aren't NFL games or part of the NFL broadcast package.  These are essentially three hour commercials designed to get you pumped about your team and sell tickets.  The reason they feel like 'real' NFL broadcasts are because of the on-screen graphics and cameras and replays and direction which are indeed done by NFL production crews.  But the content and announcers are hired by the teams themselves and are for the most part amateurish.

SAR I

• Upvote 1