Cowherd on Namath's opinion of Sam Darnold- Vid

The Jets stuff starts around 5:30 in.  

There is some decent stuff about Dak and the Cowboys vs Wentz and the Eagles before the Jets segment as well which I found interesting too so it's worth a few min. 

I know Cowherd has been somewhat of a Darnold Homer but he is making some pretty bold long term statements here.  I have to say I agree 100%. I think guys like Watson and Mayfield are very good as well, but I am believing more and more that Sam Darnold is the REAL real deal when it comes to Franchise QB's.  We  just may be seeing a long term GM, HC, QB situation the likes of which its Jets fans have never enjoyed before.  What good time may be ahead for us!!!   Oh.... and Bertolet sucks. 

• Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, Hackenberg said:

Meaningless, useless,  pseudo info. This is as useless as TMZ, cnn, fox.. he's  given a script to sell to the public. He has no actual sports opinion  of any kind. He doesn't' believe  anything he says. Entertainment 

Of course. It's an opinion show with minor news value.  Sorta the same as almost every other sports talking head show out there.  

I'm sorry to hear about your disdain for entertainment, but it's pretty obvious that's what it is. 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Hackenberg said:

Meaningless, useless,  pseudo info. This is as useless as TMZ, cnn, fox.. he's  given a script to sell to the public. He has no actual sports opinion  of any kind. He doesn't' believe  anything he says. Entertainment 

Mods, please move this to the Steph Curry thread. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 4

35 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

Sorry you don’t get much attention out of the cyber world.  You suck. 

I'm sorry you can't handle truth.  It's  an entertainment show. No actual sports opinion by any so called  expert,  is happening. Attention  has nothing  to do with it.

• Thumb Down 4

13 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Of course. It's an opinion show with minor news value.  Sorta the same as almost every other sports talking head show out there.  

I'm sorry to hear about your disdain for entertainment, but it's pretty obvious that's what it is. 

Well, if you know this. You know it has no merit. Lol I don't  have a disdain  for entertainment.  I'm of the few who know it's all entertainment  to begin with. 

I enjoy watching jocks catch balls for my amusement/entertainment 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Hackenberg said:

Well, if you know this. You know it has no merit. Lol I don't  have a disdain  for entertainment.  I'm of the few who know it's all entertainment  to begin with. 

I enjoy watching jocks catch balls for my amusement/entertainment 

lol

Then why grumble about it?  It's just something to watch to add to the thoughts we're all having about the millionaires running on the rubber grass. 

Grumble Grumble Rabble Rabble 

1 hour ago, GREENBEAN said:

lol

Then why grumble about it?  It's just something to watch to add to the thoughts we're all having about the millionaires running on the rubber grass. 

Grumble Grumble Rabble Rabble 

Grumble? Theres No emotion involved.

Just stating  what is and what is not.

Cowherd is more likely right than not. Bad corners mean shootouts, meaning Gase takes blinders off Darnold, meaning Darnold blows up given the upgrades to OL, slot, RB, Q back, Robbie growth, elite slot WR, Herndon. 

Cowherd is pretty spot on in forecasting.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Hackenberg said:

Grumble? Theres No emotion involved.

Just stating  what is and what is not.

Emotion is not required to grumble. Just unsolicited, and mostly purposeless, complaining.  

Rabble Rabble 

• Upvote 1

Who do you think is writing that “script”? Of course he has opinions. That’s why he has a show. You shouldn’t make it quite so obvious how much it pains you when someone says something positive about Darnold. If he said that stuff about Jones you’d find some use for it.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Bruce Harper said:

Who do you think is writing that “script”? Of course he has opinions. That’s why he has a show. You shouldn’t make it quite so obvious how much it pains you when someone says something positive about Darnold. If he said that stuff about Jones you’d find some use for it.

He doesn't  "have" any show. He was hired. These aren't   his own actual opinions. These are given to him to say. 

Lol it means everything he says is bogus.  I'm talking globally. Youre the one being Darnold centric.It has nothing to do with Darnold individually.  Who's Jones?

• Thumb Down 1

I love Sam just like most everyone here but Cowherd might have a shrine of him in his house.  I mean this is a guy who described Sam as "Thick, Trunky and Coastal".  Where did he even come up with that?  

Give me literally anyone else's praise for Sam over Cowherd.   

• Sympathy 1

Just now, BallinPB said:

I love Sam just like most everyone here but Cowherd might have a shrine of him in his house.  I mean this is a guy who described Sam as "Thick, Trunky and Coastal".  Where did he even come up with that?  

Give me literally anyone else's praise for Sam over Cowherd.   

I forgot about his "Midwest Ethos".  What does Trunky even mean?

29 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Listen, I've been saying/writing since like a month before either guy was drafted that Darnold was the best QB prospect in that draft. 

BUT, why is everyone so obsessed with comparing these guys every 3 days? Can we, perhaps, wait until they play some more games?

• Upvote 2

He doesn't  "have" any show. He was hired. These aren't   his own actual opinions. These are given to him to say. 
Lol it means everything he says is bogus.  I'm talking globally. Youre the one being Darnold centric.It has nothing to do with Darnold individually.  Who's Jones?

Let me see if I understand your argument: he doesn’t own the network so he doesn’t have a show. The opinions he states are not his own because ... why again?

And if you really don’t remember who Jones is he’s the back-up QB on the Giants that you have been fellating on this board for the past three months while pretending to be a Jets fan.

20 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

Let me see if I understand your argument: he doesn’t own the network so he doesn’t have a show. The opinions he states are not his own because ... why again?

And if you really don’t remember who Jones is he’s the back-up QB on the Giants that you have been fellating on this board for the past three months while pretending to be a Jets fan.

You got the wrong guy. I didn't  pay attention to Jones till a couple weeks ago. I'm  not sure what they'll do with him. I simply pointed out that the Giants have a better  history  of being successful,  with QBs  that don't' even become famous or remembered. Simms, Manning,Jones, all look/ed like young preppy, politicians,. It's obviously  all by design. 

Billion dollar industries/the media, aren't  letting a sports writer hack,  go rogue. Absolutely  everything under the espn and fox umbrella,  including all its radio affiliates nation wide. Give these employees the things they will key on and the catch/trigger words they will use. If any of these guys were independent, investigative journalists. They would each take different  angles on entirely different topics.

Instead you get stupid sh*t like an hour about Zion's shoe , or what ever. Everyone's got the same f_____g script.

If it's' 2  or 3 jerk offs  in the studio. They agree on who will be pro or con Darnold , for a fake  debate. Good cop/bad cop.

Entertainment.