Jump to content

Quinnen Williams straight up obliterating Jamon Brown


Doggin94it
 Share

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, David Harris said:

That was a great play, you do that a couple times a game and you're a force. I watched QW almost every play, he was pretty quiet otherwise. DT’s usually have pretty quiet rookie years, steep learning curve in the mess.

He played a half (if that) and aside from blowing up the Guard on that play he drew a holding on an edge rush where he looked better than our actual edge rushers. I  think we might be setting the bar a little high for the kid.  

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, David Harris said:

That was a great play, you do that a couple times a game and you're a force. I watched QW almost every play, he was pretty quiet otherwise. DT’s usually have pretty quiet rookie years, steep learning curve in the mess.

Just watching the game now, have focused on Quinnen every play and I’d say his performance is much more impressive than last week. He’s being asked to do a lot of different things and flashed at all of them. Taking on double teams, pushing the pocket into Ryan’s lap, getting around the edge and forcing a scramble and a hold.

On the negative side, there were a couple times where he beat his man but lost his balance and went to the turf. But all in all I’d say it was a good day at the office and he certainly flashed the talent that made him such a highly touted prospect.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

He played a half (if that) and aside from blowing up the Guard on that play he drew a holding on an edge rush where he looked better than our actual edge rushers. I  think we might be setting the bar a little high for the kid.  

That was a super impressive play from a guy pushing 300 pounds

Link to comment
Share on other sites

use of leverage and hands are sick
that’s no trip it’s a space station 
Exactly. The lineman wasn't dropping back in oak coverage and independently tripped on his teammate unprovoked, he was thrown back then tripped on his teammates foot on the way back/down.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

  • Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

To be fair, he stepped on his teammates foot....I think the Left Tackle, as he backed up.

I think Brown would have stayed up, but Q would have gotten the sack to the inside.  Brown tripped over that foot after he got blasted, then Q tripped over him.  Ryan would have been toast.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Quinnen flashed but his entire performance was mediocre at best. That’s not a big deal, he’s a rookie. The bigger deal is that he’s a part of a rotation that looks damned impressive without 2 starters in Leo and McClendon.

he drew a holding on the outside as well

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, papz187 said:

Exactly. The lineman wasn't dropping back in oak coverage and independently tripped on his teammate unprovoked, he was thrown back then tripped on his teammates foot on the way back/down.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
 

that was explosive, that hand action

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Probably had the sack if he wasn't blocked in the back

I bet.  That was actually a good block.  KOesque. 

Thing Q needs to learn is to keep going even when you're on your face. He lays there a second while the QB is within arms reach and still has the ball.  At least grab his ankle. Many QB's freak out and fall when that happens.  Its a solid play but Q clearly has some things to learn. I'd like to think Gregg Williams uses that play to drive the play till the whistle idea home hard style. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

He seems more effective playing out in a 3 or 5 technique than over the nose - he's more athletic than he is big/strong.  The play where he drew the hold on the OT was more impressive, if less spectacular IMHO

I winder if Fatukasi makes the team over Shepperd because he is bigger and can log more snaps at NT - letting Quinnen work more on the outside?

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

Yes, this needed is own thread. That's a 340lb man.  Enjoy. 

 

Couple thoughts:

 

1. Brown is actually a good Guard.  For QW to light him up like this is a good sign

 

2. QW pushes Brown back and almost pancakes so quickly for a split second he doesn’t even know what to do

 

3. I just came 

 

 

 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

Certainly a very nice push there at the snap, but ultimately he pushed the guard over the tackle, and then the center pushed Quinnen over the guard.  No complaints to see that coming from a rookie in with the starters, but hardly awe-inspiring.

787CED41-5F72-4AC4-B372-DB57B9F08F24.jpeg.097ece7a7434151336e100bb89e3ceda.jpeg

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Couple thoughts:

 

1. Brown is actually a good Guard.  For QW to light him up like this is a good sign

 

2. QW pushes Brown back and almost pancakes so quickly for a split second he doesn’t even know what to do

 

3. I just came 

 

 

 

Watch the Left Tackles right foot. Lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...