Quinnen Williams straight up obliterating Jamon Brown

20 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

He wouldn’t have tripped if he wouldn’t have been blown up already.  He was already heading back and down prior to that.

I don't deny that. Yes he was overpowered... yet went down like a tree after his teammate tripped him.

• Upvote 2

Talk about exaggeration? The op makes it sound like this is Kris Jenkins right out of the gate. What a bunch of nonsense. As Brown backed up in pass protection he stepped and essentially tripped on his teammates foot. Brown had already backed up two steps by the time Williams made first contact. But most of all, Quinnen Williams tripped and fell at Matt Ryan's feet because he got a second block. He didn't get the sack and he had a very fortunate bounce of the football to make it LOOK like he had blown up the guy. This is NOT Kris Jenkins. Am I encouraged by this kid? Of course, he does seem to dominate up front with natural ability. But to say this was anything other than Brown just playing poorly on that specific play (I thought he played well otherwise), is utterly absurd.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

10 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Couple thoughts:

1. Brown is actually a good Guard.  For QW to light him up like this is a good sign

2. QW pushes Brown back and almost pancakes so quickly for a split second he doesn’t even know what to do

3. I just came 

YOU'RE TOO EASY

I also see a lot of posters claiming he drew a holding cell on one play when he rushed from the edge? I think I know the play you're talking about and I didn't think he got the call? It was definitely holding but I didn't see it get called?

12 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

I also see a lot of posters claiming he drew a holding cell on one play when he rushed from the edge? I think I know the play you're talking about and I didn't think he got the call? It was definitely holding but I didn't see it get called?

it did get called... it was a pass completion that was called back because of the hold.

If you go to the Baldinger's breakdown video of Q vs Atlanta at the 1:30 mark it shows the play. 

28 minutes ago, jetsons said:

it did get called... it was a pass completion that was called back because of the hold.

If you go to the Baldinger's breakdown video of Q vs Atlanta at the 1:30 mark it shows the play. 

Thanks bud!

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, jetsons said:

Is it posted? I can't find it on YouTube.

On 8/15/2019 at 9:21 PM, GREENBEAN said:

As nice as that is to watch, its more of a trip than an obliteration.  And it would have been nice if he made the sack too.   Still fun though. thanks for posting 

I was pretty happy seeing the line move alot when he was in. This might be a trip but still much better that I thought we were going to get out of him. Can't wait to see in reg season

42 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I was pretty happy seeing the line move alot when he was in. This might be a trip but still much better that I thought we were going to get out of him. Can't wait to see in reg season

If our offense can, for once in their lives, give our defense a rest during games, I think that in itself will go a long way. Too often in years past our defense dominates early and then fades late because of the endless 3 and outs our offense had produced. 

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, jetsons said:

Ya know what is interesting in this vid?  That Baldy is talking about doing your job. On two occasions something Quinnen was doing allowed the next guy to come in free and make the tackle at the line or behind it.  I would think this must be a difficult aspect of the NFL game for some of these younger guys coming in wanting to make a name for themselves.  Considering, and doing what's best for the team overall as opposed to just going for your own stat line. Similar to how guys on KO don't stay in their lanes seeing the potential for the big play and then it breaks open for the long return. 

If we can have 11 guys on D simply doing their job (this sounds so incredibly simple) as best they can, the overall D will do much much better.  It seems like Q understands that from these vids. These breakdown vids are so beneficial for fans like me who don't have access to the tapes. We see where the ball goes during games and then read the stat line afterward. That doesn't paint the whole picture. 

I like this kid... Baldinger I mean ;-) 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

I remember him tackling the whole backfield on one play. 

I remember the color announcer break his rambling mid play to let out a clean-words version of “holy f***” when he saw Jenkins toss him aside like a minor inconvenience. Added to it at the time.

Injuries suck. He made Mangini’s defense go from crap to elite almost by himself. For all our blame and finger pointing from either Rex-Sanchez championship game, I always wondered if either game would have resulted differently if we had just a healthy Jenkins out there. What-ifs and all that, but tell me the Rams still reach the SB if they lose Aaron Donald mid-week 6. 

Hopefully Williams becomes a guy talked about with that kind of elite-level reverence at this level. He sure was billed as being so.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I remember the color announcer break his rambling mid play to let out a clean-words version of “holy f***” when he saw Jenkins toss him aside like a minor inconvenience. Added to it at the time.

Injuries suck. He made Mangini’s defense go from crap to elite almost by himself. For all our blame and finger pointing from either Rex-Sanchez championship game, I always wondered if either game would have resulted differently if we had just a healthy Jenkins out there. What-ifs and all that, but tell me the Rams still reach the SB if they lose Aaron Donald mid-week 6. 

Hopefully Williams becomes a guy talked about with that kind of elite-level reverence at this level. He sure was billed as being so.

Definitely what your betting on when taking a DT at 3. A good DT can be had in later rounds, but a truly dominant DT like a healthy Jenkins is worth his weight in gold. Hopefully we just got the latter

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

I remember him tackling the whole backfield on one play. 

People here seem to forget just how awesome Kris Jenkins was. He literally LAUNCHED that guy, send him air born for a second. He also did not record any statistics it wasn't a tackle or a sack. But it was huge for the team.

3 hours ago, NoBowles said:

Definitely what your betting on when taking a DT at 3. A good DT can be had in later rounds, but a truly dominant DT like a healthy Jenkins is worth his weight in gold. Hopefully we just got the latter

No doubt. It’s what all the negative sentiment is all about re Leo. He’s obviously an above-average player, but he’s just not a #6 overall selection player (and at least thus far, not a $16-20MM/year player). To your point, he’s not (or not yet) twice the player Henry Anderson is. He was available via trade for a 7th rounder, and then as a FA for half what Leo’s demands will be if he duplicates Anderson’s 2018 season. 

• Upvote 2