The Polite Question. What’s the answer?

1 minute ago, Peace Frog said:

Oh poor RobR can’t accept you’re not a draft pro. 

Polite gets cut tomorrow and zero teams put in a waiver claim? 

So again, answer one simple question. 

You did not have a draftable grade on Polite. 

Yet every real NFL team did. 

Oh, and I don’t look at upvotes or downvotes or butt fumbles or whatever you millennials call them. 

I’m not a child. 

You do realize some teams have undraftable grades on players that get picked in the first round every year. Just look at how many teams had undraftable grades on Edoga this year and he went in the third. Doesn't make it right but it happens every single year and I could easily see Douglas and GW having an undraftable grade on Polite.

I'll give you my grade when you answer my one simple question. FTR It hasn't changed.

7 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Oh poor RobR can’t accept you’re not a draft pro. 

Polite gets cut tomorrow and zero teams put in a waiver claim? 

More deflection. I've already posted in this thread that if he hit waivers he would be claimed. Multiple times.

Just now, RobR said:

You do realize some teams have undraftable grades on players that get picked in the first round every year. Just look at how many teams had undraftable grades on Edoga this year and he went in the third. Doesn't make it right but it happens every single year and I could easily see Douglas and GW having an undraftable grade on Polite.

I'll give you my grade when you answer my one simple question. FTR It hasn't changed.

I actually don’t care about your draftable grades. 

They mean nothing to me or  anyone else, really. It’s like crayon drawings of a child. 

I’ll root for Polite to be great and will be sad when he fails. 

You’ll root for him to fail and be disappointed when he plays well. 

But you’ll exalt when he fails. 

Because you knew. You KNEW.  

Two different types. 

6 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

They mean nothing to me or  anyone else, really. It’s like crayon drawings of a child. 

Two different types. 

There is something wrong with you. Peace out.

• Upvote 1

There are those that want to cut him immediately. Because of an agenda or for a bunch of made up or possibly very real critiques. 

There are those that are suggesting a bit of patience. 

For a guy we drafted, rightly or wrongly, in the third round. 

None of us know to a certitude what he’ll be.

Some of us THINK we know to a certitude, but we really don’t.

One seems like an hysterical overreaction. 

One seems like an under reaction. 

Is the 53rd guy on the roster someone we should be hysterically overreacting about? 

THIS roster? 

We’re not the 1970s Steelers for crissakes. 

29 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Two different types. 

Lee and Hackenburg and devin smith and all the other awful jags we drafted are just swell to people like you.  The thing is people who make judgments of planers when they are drafted are making the judgment EXACTLY when the teams have to make them.  It's the cowards way out to praise the sh*t out of every single player a team picks up or drafts and then just shrug and say onto the next one! when they utterly fail.

The fact the most of our joe average draftnicks on this site would have a much much better draft record than the guys we have had running this ship for years doesn't bother you at all other than the fact that you don't approve of people making any critical judgment.

the people that have the balls to praise or dump on a drafted guy most often will actually  own it when they were wrong.  Unlike the happy happy joy club that love every one and then just ignore the many rampant favourite they have been boosting up.

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The fact the most of our joe average draftnicks on this site would have a much much better draft record than the guys we have had running this ship for years doesn't bother you at all other than the fact that you don't approve of people making any critical judgment.

Me, standing by my Jamal Adams critique 

got GIF by Game of Thrones: #PrepareForWinter

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

In Polites defense - it wasn't his choice to be drafted in the 3rd round. It was out of his hands. What if we picked him in round 6 ? There would be no bust conversations at all and we would be claiming steal of the draft. Yes Mac totally blew this pick by getting him in the 3rd. Would he have lasted till the 6th - probably not. Maybe this was said already - I didn't read every post in this thread - sorry - and I stated earlier that he will be a bust as a third round pick - but as a 6th round pick he would be probably given more time to develop and mature. As a 3rd round pick we expect immediate results. So WTF - give the guy a chance and see what develops. It could actually be McCoffee that ruins his career by drafting him too early - he got a lot more money than a 6th rounder but along with that bigger signing bonus comes pressures and expectations. If he can handle everything thrown at him and survive we might actually have something. 

Where Polite was drafted should not matter anymore.   The question is whether he deserves to be on the roster, for his current value or his upside 

There have been players kept on the roster because of where they were drafted who never pan out.  Too many during the Mac regime, which is the real concern of this thread.  Stewart, Hansen, Devin Smith. Their roster spots even In their rookie years were much better used trying to find a player on another roster.  

We would rather keep the best 53 this year.  Maybe we need to keep someone with potential.  Only the coaches know whether they think Polite is worth cutting another player, like Kaufasi or Luvu. 

I would basically have someone beat him up in practice until he got hurt slightly, then pup him. 

Whether you like Polite as a player or not or if you think he was a poor pick or a draft value, the bottom line is he isnt getting cut this year.

Is it possible that his character issues would have removed him from Joe Douglas' board - absolutely, teams do that all the time.  They aren't saying the player can't play in the NFL, they are simply saying their ability doesnt outweigh the negatives they would bring to the organization.

But at the same time he is here and I sincerely hope that Douglas' can evaluate the risk/reward of a player like Polite and give him a season to see if his attitude can catch up to his talent. 

I also think we should pump the brakes on saying that Polite isnt doing well enough.  Its been 2 preseason games and he is dropping into coverage, which is a difficult thing to grasp.  Id like to see him be able to simply rush the passer in these next 2 games, but either way, lets give him some time before he is labeled a bust.

22 minutes ago, varjet said:

Where Polite was drafted should not matter anymore.

I agree, it shouldn't matter. But to Mac, Idzik, Tanny , and more than likely JOE DOUGLAS as well, it DOES matter. Jachai Polite is going to get a roster spot. It's not deserved....not even close. But he'll be part of the 53 man roster, just never the game day 47.

11 hours ago, Beerfish said:

It's the cowards way out to praise the sh*t out of every single player a team picks up or drafts and then just shrug and say onto the next one! when they utterly fail.

Youre right wanting to give a draft pick the benefit of the doubt until he proves he cant cut it is so cowardly. 

If people had big balls like the handful of whiners or trolls who hate every pick, who bitch and moan about an Adams, QW, whoever without seeing a single down played are so brave.  Every player drafted, 99% who you hate, make me so envious of your bravery.  It takes a real man to just hate every draft pick, every FA, coach, owner, stadium.....just hating everything.  Manly.  Grunt

16 hours ago, RobR said:

Then I'll pose the same question too you that I posed to PF, which he keeps stepping around. Show me ONE player with his metrics that is a good passrusher at the NFL level. Just ONE.

No one gives a shlt about metrics enough to hunt down the metrics to every single pass rusher to prove or disprove your point.  Because no matter how many times you repeat yourself most people dont think you have to perform at a combine to be a great pass rusher.  People have bad combines for a variety of reasons, isnt always so black and white.  He had a hammy after putting on weight to silence all those who said he needed to put on weight.  May mean he isnt athletic enough to play in the NFL or may mean he injured his hammy after gaining the weight and wasnt ready to put up numbers.  Or not.  If you honestly believe after watching him play at F that hes a 4.84 40 guy thats nice.

None of this has anything to do with the point of this thread, cutting the guy who we used a 3rd round draft pick on just for the F of it.  After too little time.  

15 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

I knew Gholston was a bust when we drafted him.  Then we got Erik Ainge who also sucked.   We should have drafted better than Polecat.

Just wait a couple seasons for people to complain about beating that dead horse. 

"We get it, we get it, Polite is a bust.  You can't change the past so stop whining."

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Just wait a couple seasons for people to complain about beating that dead horse. 

"We get it, we get it, Polite is a bust.  You can't change the past so stop whining."

Jets fans: Hey, mistakes were made. You gotta move on.

Also Jets fans: Eric Mangini ruined my marriage,

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

No one gives a shlt about metrics enough to hunt down the metrics to every single pass rusher to prove or disprove your point.  Because no matter how many times you repeat yourself most people dont think you have to perform at a combine to be a great pass rusher.  People have bad combines for a variety of reasons, isnt always so black and white.  He had a hammy after putting on weight to silence all those who said he needed to put on weight.  May mean he isnt athletic enough to play in the NFL or may mean he injured his hammy after gaining the weight and wasnt ready to put up numbers.  Or not.  If you honestly believe after watching him play at F that hes a 4.84 40 guy thats nice.

None of this has anything to do with the point of this thread, cutting the guy who we used a 3rd round draft pick on just for the F of it.  After too little time.  

His combine numbers are Michael Sam-like, another productive College player. 

Not gonna work.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Nixhead said:

In Polites defense - it wasn't his choice to be drafted in the 3rd round. It was out of his hands. What if we picked him in round 6 ? There would be no bust conversations at all and we would be claiming steal of the draft. Yes Mac totally blew this pick by getting him in the 3rd. Would he have lasted till the 6th - probably not. Maybe this was said already - I didn't read every post in this thread - sorry - and I stated earlier that he will be a bust as a third round pick - but as a 6th round pick he would be probably given more time to develop and mature. As a 3rd round pick we expect immediate results. So WTF - give the guy a chance and see what develops. It could actually be McCoffee that ruins his career by drafting him too early - he got a lot more money than a 6th rounder but along with that bigger signing bonus comes pressures and expectations. If he can handle everything thrown at him and survive we might actually have something. 

We're not allowed to bash the GM who over-drafted guys because he's gone, and we're not allowed to bash the players for getting over-drafted. 

Got it.  

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

His combine numbers are Michael Sam-like, another productive College player. 

Not gonna work.

ANd once again we know this.  We also know he had a hammy. 

As I said, if you actually believe he runs a 4.84 40 you stick with this.  If you think they felt the poor showing was because of the hammy and they looked at his production at Fl time will tell who was right.  

But hey, you know.  You saw the numbers and are convinced.   

So really, i understand, we dont know for sure so lets just cut him now.  Makes perfect sense.  No one seems to get what we're discussing.  no one has said that they think he'll work out or will be a star.  Just want to wait until he proves what he is or isnt.  

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

As I said, if you actually believe he runs a 4.84 40 you stick with this.  If you think they felt the poor showing was because of the hammy and they looked at his production at Fl time will tell who was right.  

If the poor 4.84 combine time was due to his hamstring, how do you explain that he ran even slower at his proday 6 weeks later? You do realize almost every prospect improves their numbers during their proday. Simple question that doesn't require a paragraph answer.

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

ANd once again we know this.  We also know he had a hammy. 

But hey, you know.  You saw the numbers and are convinced.   

So really, i understand, we dont know for sure so lets just cut him now.  Makes perfect sense.  No one seems to get what we're discussing.  no one has said that they think he'll work out or will be a star.  Just want to wait until he proves what he is or isnt.  

I mean, he was slow as sh*t in March, then he was slow as sh*t in April, and he looks to be slow as sh*t in mid-August. It is what it is. I also forgot he only benched 225 14 times, to boot. He just sounds like a jelly-roll-ass fatboy with no work ethic.

jachai.PNG

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1