14 in Green

The Polite Question. What’s the answer?

24 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

The Combine was in March. It's now mid August. We're halfway through the preseason.  And he still looks fat and slow. 

If you actually believe that crap, you stick with it. 

He looks more indecisive/tentative than slow or plodding to me through two games. 

He is also being asked to drop back more than I get the sense he was used to rather than just rush...

2 hours ago, CTJetsFan said:

I just re-watched the game from last night with an eye on Polite. I'm now seriously concerned we wasted a 3rd round pick. I'm scratching my head trying to figure out how the player I've seen the past 2 weeks had any success in the SEC. Most damning is his unwillingness to stick his nose/helmet into plays where a runner is still fighting for yardage. He seems content to just arrive in the area and watch others make a hit. Also seems content to just dance with whoever is blocking him. Friggin Gholston-esque. I have a tough time believing Williams will stand for this.

As Parcells said "If they don't bite when they're puppies, they usually won't bite." I think this one may be Macc's last big draft whiff.

I'm not one to overreact or give up on a player so early, but he needs to at laest show something. At best, maybe try to sneak him onto the PS. Just can't see him taking a spot on the 53 for a team that thinks it may be able to compete for a playoff spot.

He just seems so tentative/uncommitted to his movements. It looks so different from the sorts blitzkrieg great engine player you see in the UF film...

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, deucebag said:

Sounds  like what happens when you remove PEDS from the equation.

Possibly, though I think I just see a lot of hesitation. Seems mental. Which is just as bad.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company