Can you post Mike Mamula’s?

NFL Hall of Famer Mike Mamula?

Tested off the charts. 

It was predestined. 

By the measurable. And metrics. 

You know, the numbers. 

Guys with good metrics gone bad...

Guys with bad metrics gone good...

If only there was a way to know which is more probable and what happens more often.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Guys with good metrics gone bad...

Guys with bad metrics gone good...

If only there was a way to know which is more probable and what happens more often.

So cut him now is what you’re saying. 

Because it has already been determined. 

By the numbers. 

• Upvote 1

Really not worried, hope he turns out ok. The other draft picks have been at least flashing. It looks like it’s not a draft full of busts so that’s been good.

Polite may take a little time to develop? 

I trust Greg Williams over everyone on this board with his decisions.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

No, clearly that's not what I said.

Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.

But those metrics charts that @T0mShane keeps trotting out don’t mean much of anything.

He keeps posting Jamal’s crappy “metrics” and in 2 years he’s got 200 career tackles, a whole bunch of top 5 stats for a whole bunch of categories and was f*cking All Pro his second year. 

But let’s go look at a piece of paper and make a final determination. 

Because it’s predestined. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Peace Frog said:

But those metrics charts that @T0mShane keeps trotting out don’t mean much of anything.

He keeps posting Jamal’s crappy “metrics” and in 2 years he’s got 200 career tackles, a whole bunch of top 5 stats for a whole bunch of categories and was f*cking All Pro his second year. 

You're right they mean nothing, Polite is going to be great, and only fools like T0m Shane take those charts seriously.

Am I doing it right?

2 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Those metrics are highly predictive for pass rushers in particular. I throw out Jamal’s sh*tty numbers just for fun.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

How can a third round pick in his first camp be a big concern when we have:

1. new coach
  2. new gm
  3. Sam going into his second year
  4. New offense with big play ability
  5. New defense

Is it really time to start getting concerned about a guy who been on the job a couple of months? This isn't Gholston territory.

Yes, because without a pass rush, our season is mostly sunk.  We don't have the corners to allow QB's to have time back there.  

Gregg Williams can only scheme his way into QB pressures/sacks so much.  We need a natural pass rusher to emerge, and Polite is our "best bet" this season, unfortunately.  Thanks Macc.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes, because without a pass rush, our season is mostly sunk.  We don't have the corners to allow QB's to have time back there.  

Well I guess that coaches will have to earn their money by coaching and some young guys will have to earn theirs and develop. We haven't had a real/consistent pass rush in over a decade anyway. The main underlying problem has always been scoring points. Score more points and put other teams in obvious passing situations and you'll see more sacks and better coverage. Doesn't hurt to have a DC that isn't there just because he's the coaches bff either.

1 minute ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Well I guess that coaches will have to earn their money by coaching and some young guys will have to earn theirs and develop. We haven't had a real/consistent pass rush in over a decade anyway. The main underlying problem has always been scoring points. Score more points and put other teams in obvious passing situations and you'll see more sacks and better coverage. Doesn't hurt to have a DC that isn't there just because he's the coaches bff either.

When you use like 95 % of your first round picks on defense, of course you're going to have trouble scoring points.  But the fact that we invest so much in the defense only to see it suck year in and year out is pathetic.  

Yet people want to sit here and yell "Mosley!  Jamal!  QW!" and act like we're going to be fine.  

12 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

How can a third round pick in his first camp be a big concern when we have:

1. new coach
  2. new gm
  3. Sam going into his second year
  4. New offense with big play ability
  5. New defense

Is it really time to start getting concerned about a guy who been on the job a couple of months? This isn't Gholston territory.

Nah, but it’s a pleasant enough, consequence-free debate that helps to pass the time during the dog days of camp. The alternative is continuing to out joewilly12 as a male sex pest. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

The thing about those numbers is that they mean different things for different positions. For RB, receivers and DBs they mean less than they do for OL and especially EDGE players, where they pretty accurately determine success or failure.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Nah, but it’s a pleasant enough, consequence-free debate that helps to pass the time during the dog days of camp. 

So there are no consequences?

Like this is a big joke to you? 

There are real peoples with real feelings sitting behind these keyboards. 

You’re a monster. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

The thing about those numbers is that they mean different things for different positions. For RB, receivers and DBs they mean less than they do for OL and especially EDGE players, where they pretty accurately determine success or failure.

But if they are an absolute determinant he wouldn’t have been on any NFL draft board in the league. 

Do you think we were the only team to give him draftable grade?

Oh wait, Mac. 

Ahhhh I see what you’re doing. This has nothing to do with Polite.

You just want to rip Mac down off the crucifix and piss on his rotting corpse. 

Carry on. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

No, you just keep ignoring and deflecting and keep thinking you're making a good argument. Par for the course.

Deflecting?  Get a dictionary.

You think because Macc drafted him he sucks

i say that's meaningless.

im deflecting. 

Stick to reposting the stupid posts trolling @joewilly12, thinking you're funny and a part of the cool, in crowd.  This is beyond your pay scale.  Youre in way over your head 

34 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

You're right they mean nothing, Polite is going to be great, and only fools like T0m Shane take those charts seriously.

Am I doing it right?

So to you anything said about those numbers translates to he going to be great?  That's what you think the argument is?  And are arguing against because you know, numbers say it all?  LOL

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

The thing is, if we didn’t draft him another NFL team would have drafted him a few picks later. 

But I guess he would have been someone else’s abortion so yeah everyone would now be rejoicing. 

You know, because then we would have taken definitely taken everyone’s obvious choice Winovich (so obvious he didn’t go for another 9 picks, what were those a-holes thinking). 

Or MAYBE, we would have taken someone WORSE. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

But if they are an absolute determinant he wouldn’t have been on any NFL draft board in the league. 

Do you think we were the only team to give him draftable grade?

Oh wait, Mac. 

Ahhhh I see what you’re doing. This has nothing to do with Polite.

You just want to rip Mac down off the crucifix and piss on his rotting corpse. 

Carry on. 

You have a knack for assuming things and putting words in people’s mouths. I don’t miss Macc but I really liked this draft. My main issue is the idea that Polite merits a roster spot because of some great potential. 

Also assuming another team was close to picking Polite is not provable nor verifiable

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

The thing is, if we didn’t draft him another NFL team would have drafted him a few picks later. 

But I guess he would have been someone else’s abortion so yeah everyone would now be rejoicing. 

You know, because then we would have taken definitely taken everyone’s obvious choice Winovich (so obvious he didn’t go for another 9 picks, what were those a-holes thinking). 

Or MAYBE, we would have taken someone WORSE. 

You,have to understand the thinking some have, the guy you're debating now.

Adams sucks because he was drafted while we should have picked Mahomes at that spot.

Polite sucks because we should have drafted Winovich.  Because as we all know the Jets pick can't be better, Winovich will become a star. 

28 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Deflecting?  Get a dictionary.

im deflecting. 

Stick to reposting the stupid posts trolling @joewilly12, thinking you're funny and a part of the cool, in crowd.  This is beyond your pay scale.  Youre in way over your head 

Sure, because in your mind I said he sucks because Macc drafted him, and only in your mind.

You couldn't afford my pay scale, nor have you ever seen it.

2 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

You have a knack for assuming things and putting words in people’s mouths. I don’t miss Macc but I really liked this draft. My main issue is the idea that Polite merits a roster spot because of some great potential. 

So you would keep, say, a 25 year old Tarell Basham over Polite because of HIS great potential? A third rounder THREE years ago who got dumped by his team? 

Because he’s slightly ahead of a 21 year old rookie? A dude with real NFL experience is slightly ahead of a raw rookie? 

That dude has FLASHED during preseason, we NEED to keep him. Right? 

You see where this is going?

There is no one at the bottom of this roster that is a MUST keep over Polite therefore I keep him. 

3 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

So you would keep, say, a 25 year old Tarell Basham over Polite because of HIS great potential? A third rounder THREE years ago who got dumped by his team? 

Because he’s slightly ahead of a 21 year old rookie? A dude with real NFL experience is slightly ahead of a raw rookie? 

That dude has FLASHED during preseason, we NEED to keep him. Right? 

You see where this is going?

There is no one at the bottom of this roster that is a MUST keep over Polite therefore I keep him. 

Does Tarell Basham play special teams? If Leo or Anderson or even Fatukasi go down which player has a better chance of minimizing the damage?  Neither Polite nor Basham start so they need to create value somewhere. If Basham has more value than Polite then why keep Polite?