Sign in to follow this  
nycdan

Preseason - Around the NFL

https://www.neworleanssaints.com/team/players-roster/deonte-harris/

Keep on eye on this kid, Saints PR/KR Deonte Harris. At D2 Assumption, opposing teams started kicking off out of bounds on purpose to avoid him touching the ball. Only had 1 return in their 1st preseason game. Would wager he's going to have some serious highlights soon. 

Derwin James broked his foot.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Apache 51 said:

Derwin James broked his foot.

Damn, that's a bummer. Goodel should ban injuries or something.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

SHUT EVERYONE DOWN!!!!!!!!!

Giants on tonight. Tune in check out the enemy, see what they gotz. We play NFC east this year.I usually play music with the volume on pock face and Whoever else is talking, On NFL Network too.

I’m cheering for all my guys around the league, just as I’ve done since the sixties.....this time I actually have an entire NFL team to cheer for.

Hope sweet Ju-Ju makes AB look like an even bigger clown!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

@nycdan 

Pin it 

We'll give it a little time at the top and see if it's worthy.

One more item to keep tabs on.  Lots of us were disappointed when BUF signed Mitch Morse to play C this offseason.  He's still recovering from his 4th documented concussion and while he is making progress through the protocol, he could very well be one hit away from needing to step back from football.  Hate to see players affected this way, but hate to see what it can do to them later in life even more. 

I'm not sure if Matt Kalil will be a productive member of our OLine this year or not, but I'd rather be rolling those dice than having to hold my breath with every hit that my Center gets back up.  

• Upvote 1

This is pretty good from Bills Ed Oliver.  Should be some fun AFC East battles.

Byron Leftwich the OC in Tampa. Good for him. 

Jet fans complaining about our new unis we could have had the abortion that is the Bucs unis. 

Horrible. 

1 hour ago, Dinamite said:

Define fun.

• Upvote 2

Daniel Jones 11-14 160 yards 1 td  tonight. What was he last week, 6-6 1 td?

Not too shabby.

True colors. 

Btw, Brock Ruble of TB is a mountain of a man. He looks like he’s 4 inches taller than anyone else in the huddle. 

6-8 325. Could be on Game of Thrones.  

23 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Carl Banks back on channel 4 Giants game :pooh:

Carl Banks sucks. His delivery is awful, his observations are wrong (which is surprising for a former player) and he’s an unrepentant homer. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Daniel Jones 11-14 160 yards 1 td  tonight. What was he last week, 6-6 1 td?

Not too shabby.

He is going to win a SB or fade out.......

16 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

No Baker Mayfield. 

Only reason to watch. 

Dammit. 

I was so disappointed. Kitchens sat the entire starting offense. 

However, that Gilbert kid from the football alliance league looked pretty good. 

I watched both Patriots games and this rookie Jarrett Stidham looks good. 

If I had to name the top two rookie QB's in the preseason so far it would be the Pats Stidham and Giants Jones.

On August 16, 2019 at 6:37 PM, nycdan said:

We'll give it a little time at the top and see if it's worthy.

One more item to keep tabs on.  Lots of us were disappointed when BUF signed Mitch Morse to play C this offseason.  He's still recovering from his 4th documented concussion and while he is making progress through the protocol, he could very well be one hit away from needing to step back from football.  Hate to see players affected this way, but hate to see what it can do to them later in life even more. 

I'm not sure if Matt Kalil will be a productive member of our OLine this year or not, but I'd rather be rolling those dice than having to hold my breath with every hit that my Center gets back up.  

Nathan Peterman will be out of football in two weeks .     Even without Antonio Brown right now, the Raiders have so many explosive weapons on offense.    Peterman averaging a paltry 5 point something  yard per pass , isn't going to cut in the NFL.   It's embarrassing when you consider what he has to work with at the skill positions. ( a lot of the Wr's the Raiders cut , will be on some other NFL teams 53 man roster).

The greatest training camp story that you won't hear on hard knocks - involves the Raiders signing 6'5 350 pound NT Anthony Rush.    He was in the Eagles camp but they had injury in the secondary and had to sign someone .  They had to cut him, but the  plan  was to resign him back as soon as possible.  As soon as he was cut,  the  Detriot Lions wanted to sign him , and put him up in a Hotel.  They didn't sign him the next day ( figuring who to cut) , and the Raiders moved in and signed him. ( while Lions had him tuck away in a Detriot hotel)

This guy has a chance to be the next Damon Harrison .   He just might knock veteran Justin Ellis off the Raiders roster.( probably on the trade market right now) .

Former NFL, Texas RB Cedric Benson Dies at 36 After Motorcycle Crash

TYLER CONWAYAUGUST 18, 2019

INDIANAPOLIS, IN - OCTOBER 07:  Cedric Benson #32 of the Green Bay Packers runs with the ball during the NFL game against the Indianapolis Colts at Lucas Oil Stadium on October 7, 2012 in Indianapolis, Indiana.  (Photo by Andy Lyons/Getty Images)
Andy Lyons/Getty Images

Former Texas star and NFL running back Cedric Benson died Saturday after being involved in a motorcycle crash in Austin, Texas. 

He was 36.

According to an EMS report obtained by CBS Austin, Benson was one of two people who died in a collision between a minivan and a motorcycle at 10:22 p.m. The report said there was a “vehicle and person on fire” on the scene.

Benson was on the motorcycle with a woman, also in her 30s, who died at the scene as well. The report said the two other people involved in the crash refused to be treated by medical professionals.

Per KVUE, "Police said Benson and a woman were on a motorcycle heading down RM 2222 when a minivan pulled out on Mount Bonnell Road and hit them."

Police believe "speed and poor visibility were the biggest factors in the crash."

"If you're not really careful, or you're going slightly over the speed limit, it is very difficult to stop," Sergeant Eric Wilson said.

Benson, a four-year starter with the Longhorns, rushed for over 1,000 yards in each of his seasons in Austin and is the 10th-leading rusher in college football history (5,540 yards). He won the Doak Walker Award and earned All-American honors in 2004, finishing as the second-leading rusher in Texas history.

"We lost a great one way too soon. #RIP," Mack Brown, Benson's college coach, said in an Instagram comment.

After being taken with the fourth overall pick in the 2005 NFL draft by the Chicago Bears, Benson had an up-and-down eight-year career. Benson struggled to make an impact in Chicago and failed to run for more than 674 yards in any of his three years with the team. His four-year run with the Cincinnati Bengals proved far more effective, as Benson rushed for over 1,000 yards in three seasons with the franchise.

A foot injury during a five-game run with the Green Bay Packers in 2012 ended Benson's career. He finished with 6,017 yards and 32 total touchdowns on the ground.

•  
  •  
  •  

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Wow that sucks. 

Haven't ridden my bike all year. 

Just so dangerous. 

https://www.amazon.com/Razor-Miniature-Electric-Scooter-15130610/dp/B00AI5856S?psc=1&SubscriptionId=AKIAILSHYYTFIVPWUY6Q&tag=duckduckgo-iphone-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B00AI5856S

All that power between your legs.  

5 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

I was so disappointed. Kitchens sat the entire starting offense. 

However, that Gilbert kid from the football alliance league looked pretty good. 

Lol I thought it was Garrett Grayson from Colo State who came out with a fair bit of hype. 

5 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

I watched both Patriots games and this rookie Jarrett Stidham looks good. 

If I had to name the top two rookie QB's in the preseason so far it would be the Pats Stidham and Giants Jones.

I liked Stidham a lot his junior year but he seemed to take a few steps back his senior year. 

Good QB. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

I liked Stidham a lot his junior year but he seemed to take a few steps back his senior year. 

Good QB. 

Yeah, he's definitely taking his opportunity and running with it up in Boston. He's looking like a solid player. 

The Pats have a habit of finding solid QB's in later rounds that end up either being #2's or starting caliber QB's. 

I was looking at that Browns/Colts game and I remember Jacoby Brissett being anothrer Pats draft pick. He's a back up on the Colts, but one could make the argument that there arent 32 better QB's than him. I'd take Brissett over Fitzpatrick, Flacco or anything they have in Washington right about now. 

Stidham has an opportunity if he progresses as I really think that this is Brady's curtain call season.

I know there were some DK Metcalf fans before the draft so this:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001042659/article/seahawks-rookie-dk-metcalf-to-have-knee-surgery

By all accounts, rookie wide receiver D.K. Metcalf was having a strong summer for the Seahawks. His fall debut might be delayed.

Seattle coach Pete Carroll told reporters Sunday that Metcalf needs surgery on his knee. Carroll didn't offer a definitive timetable for the dynamic athlete's return but said he would likely know more after the procedure, which is planned for Tuesday.

"We're disappointed for him because he was off to a fantastic start, but I don't think this is going to derail him for long," Carroll said. "But he does have to have some work done."

Carroll told NFL Network's Tom Pelissero that Metcalf injured his knee last week and that doctors believe it will be a quick recovery after getting clear look at his MRI. When asked if Metcalf has a shot to play Week 1 against the Cincinnati Bengals on Sept. 8, Carroll simply repeated that they're optimistic.

After being selected in the second round this past April, Metcalf has been in line to be a major part of a Seahawks offense that no longer features Doug Baldwin.

44 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I know there were some DK Metcalf fans before the draft so this:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001042659/article/seahawks-rookie-dk-metcalf-to-have-knee-surgery

Tough break. 

Big opportunity for deep threat David Moore though.  He had a 2-TD game as well as a 100+ yard game in limited action last season.  D-II guy and 2017 7th rounder.  Could be in for a big season.  

A guy who's having a pretty good preseason and may earn a spot on the Cowboys roster if he continues to make plays and beat his man...

Former NY Jets WR Devin Smith.

Go figure.

On 8/16/2019 at 8:36 PM, Dinamite said:

Oliver and QW both look excellent 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

A guy who's having a pretty good preseason and may earn a spot on the Cowboys roster if he continues to make plays and beat his man...

Former NY Jets WR Devin Smith.

Go figure.

I don’t think you have anything to worry about