Sign in to follow this  
nycdan

Preseason - Around the NFL

16 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

No Baker Mayfield. 

Only reason to watch. 

Dammit. 

I was so disappointed. Kitchens sat the entire starting offense. 

However, that Gilbert kid from the football alliance league looked pretty good. 

I watched both Patriots games and this rookie Jarrett Stidham looks good. 

If I had to name the top two rookie QB's in the preseason so far it would be the Pats Stidham and Giants Jones.

5 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

I liked Stidham a lot his junior year but he seemed to take a few steps back his senior year. 

Good QB. 

Yeah, he's definitely taking his opportunity and running with it up in Boston. He's looking like a solid player. 

The Pats have a habit of finding solid QB's in later rounds that end up either being #2's or starting caliber QB's. 

I was looking at that Browns/Colts game and I remember Jacoby Brissett being anothrer Pats draft pick. He's a back up on the Colts, but one could make the argument that there arent 32 better QB's than him. I'd take Brissett over Fitzpatrick, Flacco or anything they have in Washington right about now. 

Stidham has an opportunity if he progresses as I really think that this is Brady's curtain call season.

A guy who's having a pretty good preseason and may earn a spot on the Cowboys roster if he continues to make plays and beat his man...

Former NY Jets WR Devin Smith.

Go figure.

It's true that Chase Winovich is playing against backups, but it seems like he's much better than those backups. 

I seen a couple posters on here bang the table for Winovich when we drafted Polite. To be honest, I dont even recall Polite on the field, meanwhile Chase is probably going to earn a starting role for the Pats as an end. 

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company