Sign in to follow this  
nycdan

Preseason - Around the NFL

It's true that Chase Winovich is playing against backups, but it seems like he's much better than those backups. 

I seen a couple posters on here bang the table for Winovich when we drafted Polite. To be honest, I dont even recall Polite on the field, meanwhile Chase is probably going to earn a starting role for the Pats as an end. 

You can always count on cbssports editors for doing a superb job:

image.png

And now Taylor Lewan is out 4 games for violating the PED policy.  The league has a problem.  Too many players are missing games because of this policy.  Clearly the deterrent factor isn't working well since we've seen multiple suspensions this summer and I'm highly confident that they've only caught a small number of the actual offenders.  I don't know what the answer is, but this is becoming more and more of a mess every year.

2 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Bowles Defense looks pretty good tonight

Nothing Todd Bowles looks good guy is a moron we saw it for 4 years. Wish him nothing but bad luck in the NFL. 

• Butt Fumble 2

Chase Winovich the next insanely overrated Patriots LB

4 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Bowles Defense looks pretty good tonight

Lol

Cardinals offense looks terrible. Glad we didnt get that coach. Murray hasnt been very impressive either. 

11 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

Cardinals offense looks terrible. Glad we didnt get that coach. Murray hasnt been very impressive either. 

That combination of moves could put the Cards in a 3-year hole going nowhere.  If not for the incredibly awful situation Rosen is in for the 2nd year in a row, I'd bet on him being a better QB than Murray.

• Upvote 1

Vedvik missed 2 FGs for Vikings, coach seems concerned about kicking. Interesting because he was some that we all liked. Wonder how that shakes out.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Lance Kendricks, a veteran tight end who was signed by the New England Patriotslast month, has reportedly been suspended without pay for New England's first regular-season game for violating the NFL's policy and program on substance abuse. ESPN's Adam Schefter broke the news Saturday afternoon. 

In 2017, Kendricks was stopped for speeding and charged with possession of marijuana. Earlier this summer, less than a month before signing with the Patriots, he was sentenced to six months of probation for marijuana possession.

It seems like this suspension relates to the 2017 incident.  If so, it's pretty much the same thing that Sheldon did and the same 1 week.

TOP 5 ORG., Steelers  VS. Titans 8pm tonight.......Steelers in game 3 of preseason against the not so consistent Titans. We play Steelers I believe. For those who want to get an early look on the enemy whilst we rest. NBC NY.

2 hours ago, Apache 51 said:

TOP 5 ORG., Steelers  VS. Titans 8pm tonight.......Steelers in game 3 of preseason against the not so consistent Titans. We play Steelers I believe. For those who want to get an early look on the enemy whilst we rest. NBC NY.

JuJu going to eat our corners alive 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ghost420 said:

JuJu going to eat our corners alive 

El Presidente is going to make him wish he never picked football. 

• Like 1

I'm thrilled to have Bell on the Jets, but for those who think PIT is going to suffer badly without him, watch this play:

http://www.nfl.com/m/share?p=%2Fvideos%2Fnfl-game-highlights%2F0ap3000001044321%2FJames-Conner-jukes-Adoree-Jackson-on-shifty-21-yard-run

James Conner really is going to be a great RB.  I'd happily draft him in the lower half of the 1st round in my fantasy draft.  If he gets that far.  It's amazing how PIT just keeps finding WRs and RBs like everyone else is wearing blindfolds during the draft.

Time to follow through Bubble players.

Bring your cheerleaders, please. Bra and underwear unis.

So it is possible I was hasty in my dismissal of Daniel Jones as a terribly over-drafted QB.  He had a stellar preseason passing, 29-34 for 416 yards, 2 TDs and 0 INTs.  There were 3 fumbles that he has to clean up, but Sam had a similar issue his last year at USC so that's solvable.  If Jones is able to do something close to that against live fire then Gettleman is absolutely going to get the last laugh.  If so, then good for him.

• Like 1

And in other news, there are very few QBs who can make Geno Smith feel safe in his backup role.  

"What?", says Paxton Lynch.  "Hold my beer!"

Lynch went 1-7 for 4 yards last night.  Amazing how Lynch and Hack have turned out, while later picks Brissett and Prescott have gone on to become starters. 

7 minutes ago, nycdan said:

So it is possible I was hasty in my dismissal of Daniel Jones as a terribly over-drafted QB.  He had a stellar preseason passing, 29-34 for 416 yards, 2 TDs and 0 INTs.  There were 3 fumbles that he has to clean up, but Sam had a similar issue his last year at USC so that's solvable.  If Jones is able to do something close to that against live fire then Gettleman is absolutely going to get the last laugh.  If so, then good for him.

I don't know why everyone had a hard on against DG and the pick. Jones is prototype. The only knock on him I heard prior to the draft is arm strength, an arm can get stronger. The jury is still out on him, it's preseason. Oh, and F- Duke, with Luv, signed UNC.

12 minutes ago, Apache 51 said:

I don't know why everyone had a hard on against DG and the pick. Jones is prototype. The only knock on him I heard prior to the draft is arm strength, an arm can get stronger. The jury is still out on him, it's preseason. Oh, and F- Duke, with Luv, signed UNC.

He's big, but he had just below 60% completion rate, a lowish Y/A and a losing record.  I never watched him play, but you'd have to look past those numbers to see a top-10 pick.

9 minutes ago, nycdan said:

He's big, but he had just below 60% completion rate, a lowish Y/A and a losing record.  I never watched him play, but you'd have to look past those numbers to see a top-10 pick.

Supposedly had no Receivers?

Doesn't impact us, but wow, this sucks.  Guy looked like a stud at OU two years ago.  Now, second straight season lost to an ACL.

3 hours ago, Lith said:

Doesn't impact us, but wow, this sucks.  Guy looked like a stud at OU two years ago.  Now, second straight season lost to an ACL.

I hate this crap. 

On 8/26/2019 at 1:29 PM, Peace Frog said:

El Presidente is going to make him wish he never picked football. 

A2A65934-5F53-49EB-BAEE-14B1E470CB09.jpeg

17 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

I hate this crap. 

Me too....fullsizeoutput_6d0.thumb.jpeg.a8031dd46ee09a2de303508afe8f9e75.jpeg

3 hours ago, Apache 51 said:

Me too....fullsizeoutput_6d0.thumb.jpeg.a8031dd46ee09a2de303508afe8f9e75.jpeg

Sucks man.  But Marge called and she wants her hair back:

image.png

• Haha 1