Avery Williamson torn acl

Rhg1084

2 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Their complaint is irrational. 

Total fluke. This wasn’t Mark behind a 3rd string line. 

Exactly this.... This forum has gotten soft with the Sanchez injury... This is not the same thing... Not even close.  Sanchez was behind third stringers on the OL.... not a Starting ILB playing with 2nd team who were all playing in their correct positions. Jesus people... You guys are soft.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

14 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Potential Jadeveon Clowney trade destinations: Jets among fits

By Gregg Rosenthal

Around The NFL Editor

Published: Aug. 15, 2019 at 01:28 p.m.

Updated: Aug. 15, 2019 at 10:37 p.m.

Bill O'Brien and Jadeveon Clowney both arrived in Houston back in 2014 as a buzzy match. O'Brien was that year's trendy college coaching candidate and Clowney was that's year's presumptive No. 1 overall pick sensation. The likelihood that O'Brien will wind up outlasting Clowney in Houston says a lot about the state of these Texans.

O'Brien wanted the juice and he got it. In the span of 18 months, Rick Smith and Brian Gaine both became former Texans general managers. O'Brien appears to be the organization's de facto lead decision maker with no GM in place, if he wasn't quietly that guy the whole time. Even before Gaine was fired in June, it became clear that signing Clowney, who has not signed his one-year tender after being tagged in March, to a long-term deal was not a priority. 

Reports consistently indicated the two sides were nowhere close to a new deal and it appeared they weren't negotiating at all as the July 15 deadline to sign Clowney long-term came and went. The Texans are second among all NFL teams with more than $37 million in cap space, according to Over The Cap, so they could have extended Clowney if they wanted to. They didn't, but it was still stunning to read this week from the Houston Chronicle's John McClain that he'd be surprised if Clowney wasn'ttraded.

NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reported earlier this week that a deal "could happen quickly" if an interested team steps up. It's hard not to see all of this as O'Brien putting a "for sale" sign on the back of the key figure in O'Brien's only playoff victory as a head coach.

I am all for this trade

19 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Who calls plays when Mosley is out? And I disagree with your rant. Players do get hurt all the time. But you do you and yell and scream... This is football and the sorry ass excuses that all starters need to sit in the preseason is ridiculous... Move on

Actually you sound like you’re the one ranting now, lol, and downvoting people a mile a minute also.

I never said that “all starters need to sit in the preseason”, so you’re the one being ridiculous. What I DID say, and will continue to say is he should’ve come out with the other starters.

BTW here’s something you may not know, and it might calm your concerns about needing a starter out there to call defensive signals. Teams do scrimmage with an entire team of 2s on the field at times, and guess what? They somehow manage to call defensive signals.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

To be honest, I’ve been guilty of using this also in the last month. It’s getting a little played out by now though. This pig is ripe for slaughter, dontcha think?

That said, I just questioned two of the sharpest wise asses on the board, so I’m ready to look for cover right now, lol.

Shouldn't you be busy staying 500 ft away from all high schools?

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I don't do twitter clown that was from Brian Costello NY Post cant you read. 

Okay, than this is why we don't get our news from Brian Costello of the NY Post, people.

47 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Williamson walked off the field after a second-quarter collision with Falcons cornerback Tevaughn Campbell

50 minutes ago, kmnj said:

All the Jets’ starters had long since been removed from the game, but Williamson was still in there

that is on the coach there is no reason to pull everybody and leave him in

Completely disagree. Atlanta had tons of players playing late into the game. Everyone does. Sometimes you want to try a combination of personnel , or a player needs work. Yes, you need to be somewhat careful with starters but you cant just put them all into hibernation for 4 games to avoid injury. Injuries can happen at any point. It is just part of football. The loss sucks but it may also be our deepest position. It is quite possible we had some trade interest and was getting more tape on him for the interested team. He has likely played his last down for the Jets.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Training him to back up Mosely?” GTFO. Do you even follow this team? The “stabilize the defense” excuse isn’t valid here either. He’s an important cog in the STARTING defense, who gives a sh*t who calls plays in the second preseason game with the subs in?

Agreed.

They should just let him practice during regular season game action.

No, scratch that, too soon. Wait for the playoffs.

Damn... that really sucks.

It takes a lot to get the contemporary NFL fan excited about ILB play... but i was genuinely swollen for the Mos-Willy combo.  Was gonna be fcking wall that no back could get by.

Our back 7 is really taking it on the chin with injuries. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Shouldn't you be busy staying 500 ft away from all high schools?

Well played, @Spoot-Face This is where I give you a “laughing” react, because I know where this will end up if I don’t.

Youve just referenced an old post where I commented about a 28, let me repeat, a 28 year old young WOMAN, who improved her allure by artificial means to a point where I took notice, and was happy for her.

You've somehow moved the goalposts to where I need to be 500 feet from school yards.? Unlike @joewilly12 however, I realize this is not a hill I should die on. I can’t imagine this ending well for me if I try. Lol.

Jamals Adams, Avery Williamson, Steve McLendon

Avery Williamson was injured last night during the Jets win over the Falcons. The update today was bad, according to Ian Rapoport, Williamson is out for the year with a torn ACL.

#Jets starting ILB Avery Williamson suffered a torn ACL, source said. He had his MRI today and is out for the season. Terrible preseason injury.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) August 16, 2019

Brian Costello expects Neville Hewitt to get the opportunity to take over the starting job. Rookie Blake Cashman has been impressive in camp and this will definitely be an opportunity for him as well.

I would expect Neville Hewitt to get the first crack at replacing Williamson. Hewitt has had a strong camp and preseason. He is very aggressive and around the ball a lot. #nyj

— Brian Costello (@BrianCoz) August 16, 2019

Daryl Slater calls out Adam Gase for having Williamson in the game with backups.

Jets pay big price for foolishly playing Avery Williamson (torn ACL) with backups in preseason game | What was Adam Gase thinking? https://t.co/bFpfxkkoA8

— Darryl Slater (@DarrylSlater) August 16, 2019

Injuries happen, this is a big loss for the defense though. Adam Gase is trying to bring a new culture to the team so look for plenty of, “next man up” quotes from the team. Visit our forums to read more about Avery Williamson’s torn ACL and see what Jets fans are saying.

The post Torn ACL For Williamson appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
etJfi1TszZU

Click here to read the full story...

34 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Actually you sound like you’re the one ranting now, lol, and downvoting people a mile a minute also.

I never said that “all starters need to sit in the preseason”, so you’re the one being ridiculous. What I DID say, and will continue to say is he should’ve come out with the other starters.

BTW here’s something you may not know, and it might calm your concerns about needing a starter out there to call defensive signals. Teams do scrimmage with an entire team of 2s on the field at times, and guess what? They somehow manage to call defensive signals.

I wasn't ranting, I was answering your post. Downvoting and upvoting is there for everyone to use, so there is that. If you don't want to use it, that's on you. 

I understand that YOU think that Williamson should have come out with the rest of the defensive starters but obviously the COACHES felt that they needed an experienced player calling the defense to help the younger players and 2nd teamers. I am sure that similar things happen in practice, this is a better way to gauge the 2nd teamers since they aren't getting screwed up by someone that doesn't fully understand what they are doing. 

It is unfortunate that he got hurt, but he did not get hurt because there was a player out of position, or because another player didn't know what he was doing... He got hurt because there was an awkward collision with a teammate. This could have happened in practice or a game.. It did not matter WHO was out there... It happened because sometimes things like this happen.

Scrimmage is great but it is not realistic and it doesn't help the 2nd team to have a rookie like Cashman calling plays when he is still learning to play in the NFL. 

I understand your argument.... I just completely disagree with your understanding how you evaluate players and how you coach a team. But as I said before, that is how you believe I just think you fall into a category of the posters here that would rather all the starters sit and not play preseason at all than play them.  You are right I did over exaggerate your post about not playing at all, but I feel that there are many posters here that don't want preseason at all, or to not play any starters during preseason which is foolish especially with the extremely limited practice time that these teams have to get ready.

I feel as though you have never played real organized sports at a competitive level for these simplified takes. I think it was actually smart for evaluation purposes to have WIlliamson out there... I am sad that he got hurt... but to think there is a coorelation between the 2 is stupid... Just look at Bridgewater getting hurt a few years ago... Are you saying he should not have practiced because their franchise QB went down before the season started? Yes this is extreme take but these are football players that are playing out there in a contact sport... Things happen.

And AGAIN HE DID NOT GET HURT BECAUSE HE WAS WITH THE SECOND TEAM... He got hurt because he was still playing football when other players were sitting. Not the same thing.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

29 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I wasn't ranting, I was answering your post. Downvoting and upvoting is there for everyone to use, so there is that. If you don't want to use it, that's on you. 

I understand that YOU think that Williamson should have come out with the rest of the defensive starters but obviously the COACHES felt that they needed an experienced player calling the defense to help the younger players and 2nd teamers. I am sure that similar things happen in practice, this is a better way to gauge the 2nd teamers since they aren't getting screwed up by someone that doesn't fully understand what they are doing. 

It is unfortunate that he got hurt, but he did not get hurt because there was a player out of position, or because another player didn't know what he was doing... He got hurt because there was an awkward collision with a teammate. This could have happened in practice or a game.. It did not matter WHO was out there... It happened because sometimes things like this happen.

Scrimmage is great but it is not realistic and it doesn't help the 2nd team to have a rookie like Cashman calling plays when he is still learning to play in the NFL. 

I understand your argument.... I just completely disagree with your understanding how you evaluate players and how you coach a team. But as I said before, that is how you believe I just think you fall into a category of the posters here that would rather all the starters sit and not play preseason at all than play them.  You are right I did over exaggerate your post about not playing at all, but I feel that there are many posters here that don't want preseason at all, or to not play any starters during preseason which is foolish especially with the extremely limited practice time that these teams have to get ready.

I feel as though you have never played real organized sports at a competitive level for these simplified takes. I think it was actually smart for evaluation purposes to have WIlliamson out there... I am sad that he got hurt... but to think there is a coorelation between the 2 is stupid... Just look at Bridgewater getting hurt a few years ago... Are you saying he should not have practiced because their franchise QB went down before the season started? Yes this is extreme take but these are football players that are playing out there in a contact sport... Things happen.

AGAIN HE DID NOT GET HURT BECAUSE HE WAS WITH THE SECOND TEAM... He got hurt because he was still playing football when other players were sitting. Not the same thing.

Ok, now I see where you’re coming from and I get what you’re saying also.

We just have to agree to disagree on this one. To your point about playing organized sports, I played baseball at the D1 level, and high school basketball. Never played football though, so maybe I just don’t get the “mentality” of someone who does, or did.

There were plenty of times on a basketball court when I played with second string level players. I wasn’t a very good player but played on a good team. I relished the chance to impress the coaches in practice. I played hard because of that, borderline dirty, which pi**ed off the starters if one of them was in. Even got into a few scraps because of it.

I will say though as a pretty good baseball player, there was nothing I, or the other starters hated more then when we had to hit in practice against a kid trying to walk on, or someone who had no idea where his next pitch was going. Why? They were looking to shine, and there was nothing to be gained by us if we did well. If we hit him hard, what did it matter? The chance of getting hurt, although unlikely, was never worth the risk.

• Sympathy 1

15 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Well played, @Spoot-Face This is where I give you a “laughing” react, because I know where this will end up if I don’t.

Youve just referenced an old post where I commented about a 28, let me repeat, a 28 year old young WOMAN, who improved her allure by artificial means to a point where I took notice, and was happy for her.

You've somehow moved the goalposts to where I need to be 500 feet from school yards.? Unlike @joewilly12 however, I realize this is not a hill I should die on. I can’t imagine this ending well for me if I try. Lol.

I think you're taking my hyperbolic snark a little too seriously. lol

This sucks. I said the F word when I saw it on TV. The only good news is it makes Mac's drafting of all those LBs look smarter. Also Cashman looks impressive and all around the ball, full of energy. Cashman reminds me of a poor man's Luke Kuechly.

8 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Not for nothing and i'm probably going to get hammered for it but this is a big loss to the D Avery Williamson was a solid player who came to play every week. He wont be easily replaced. 

A meme I never thought I'd use in reference to joewilly, but:

hes-right-you-know-32644960.png

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I will say though as a pretty good baseball player, there was nothing I, or the other starters hated more then when we had to hit in practice against a kid trying to walk on, or someone who had no idea where his next pitch was going. Why? They were looking to shine, and there was nothing to be gained by us if we did well. If we hit him hard, what did it matter? The chance of getting hurt, although unlikely, was never worth the risk.

And this is exactly what didn't happen.