Avery Williamson torn acl

Rhg1084

Remember watching and yelling at the tv “why is he out there” and the rest is history. Feel awful for him. Really good player and nice guy. Doesn’t complain, even when he lost his position after leading the team in tackles. Sad part is Jets will cut him next year. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, jetsjets said:

Remember watching and yelling at the tv “why is he out there” and the rest is history. Feel awful for him. Really good player and nice guy. Doesn’t complain, even when he lost his position after leading the team in tackles. Sad part is Jets will cut him next year. 

why?

Wow, that's really tough luck. Avery Williamson was excellent last year and definitely the best lb on the team last year. I wish him a speedy recovery. Is there anyone capable of doing a good job as a substitute for Williamson? Obviously, no one is going to completely replace him or they'd be the starter. I think Neville Hewitt is a decent player. I thought he played better than Darron Lee after Lee got suspended. Looking back, I think whether Mac signed CJ Mosley or not, Lee was a goner regardless? He saw Neville Hewitt play and realized he could get better play out of a guy making league minimum.

Damn this sucks was really looking forward to the Mosley Avery tandem this year. You can ask why was he still in the game but that play could have happened on the first snap of the game..... Avery is a good LB def underrated for what he brings to this team.......get well soon dude!

Time for Cashman to Cash-in on his opportunity 

11 hours ago, Apache 51 said:

''Dude, new here?''

More importantly you fish for Snook?

Yes ( I figured it was an inside joke)

Did search. I get it now. When threads start going down that road I usually just move along. Points get made on all sides but how long can one discuss/argue opinions? I don't understand why people will just bash/hype on a player for no reason except that's their thing, that's what they do.

Yes I do, every chance I get. Surrounded by rivers in southern Florida.

2 hours ago, Snook said:

Yes ( I figured it was an inside joke)

Did search. I get it now. When threads start going down that road I usually just move along.

Yes I do, every chance I get. Surrounded by rivers in southern Florida.

I didn't. Ask the dude part that was just a quote.. I said more importantly do you fish .... don't take  things too seriously around here ...it's just a board in space.. for some people it's their life blood......its a place to bs and have a chuckle...snook is a hard catch???

4 minutes ago, TNJet said:

Cashman is good. I like him a lot, great hustle.

I  definitely like what I've seen from him so far kids got a crazy motor. This might sound bad and I don't mean it to but realistically this is like the only position we could afford an injury at. 

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, SR24 said:

I  definitely like what I've seen from him so far kids got a crazy motor. This might sound bad and I don't mean it to but realistically this is like the only position we could afford an injury at. 

I said the same thing, the drop off to Cashman, Hewitt, Wint, Burgess is not that great. Avery was "good" but again the Titans didn't want to pay him so that tells you they looked at him as replaceable. That is the reality of the NFL & he will be cut to save over 6 million for next years cap space. Right now, all of the backups are after that spot to Wally Pip Avery. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Couple of points before I finish my coffee and head out on a 12 hour drive back down to Myrtle Beach. Ugh.

Yes, we have depth at this position, but Avery was a very good player for us last year. This is a big loss.

I like what this Cashman kid has done so far, and Hewitt played well at the end of last year, so hopefully they pick up the slack.

Finally, as people here have said, injuries are part of football, and they’re going to happen. This was one of those freak things that could’ve happened at any time. So there’s that.

What annoys me about this though, is it happened to one of our best players at a point in the game when he was the only starter out there. The probability of a freak injury occurring to him is 0% if the CS took him out with the other starters.

We can go back and forth over why they did it, but they did, and he’s out for the year. Not a smart choice in hindsight, and if this happened under Bowles/Kacy, people would be furious.

ok boys, have a good weekend, time to hit the road!!!

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Couple of points before I finish my coffee and head out on a 12 hour drive back down to Myrtle Beach. Ugh.

Yes, we have depth at this position, but Avery was a very good player for us last year. This is a big loss.

I like what this Cashman kid has done so far, and Hewitt played well at the end of last year, so hopefully they pick up the slack.

Finally, as people here have said, injuries are part of football, and they’re going to happen. This was one of those freak things that could’ve happened at any time. So there’s that.

What annoys me about this though, is it happened to one of our best players at a point in the game when he was the only starter out there. The probability of a freak injury occurring to him is 0% if the CS took him out with the other starters.

We can go back and forth over why they did it, but they did, and he’s out for the year. Not a smart choice in hindsight, and if this happened under Bowles/Kacy, people would be furious.

ok boys, have a good weekend, time to hit the road!!!

This is a good breakdown of the situation, imo. I’m a bigger fan of Williamson than most, but I can’t really get too worked up over the injury, or even the timing of it. He’s out there to call the defense Gregg Williams is trying to install and he got clipped by his own guy. sh*t happens. The defense is likely going to be bad most of the year and I think Williams knows it’s coming, so this was a product of desperation—the team trying to accelerate the growth of second- and third-tier young players (with Williamson lining them up) so they can contribute as soon as possible. 

• Upvote 2